• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are monitor bros Panda Rin.

Also, since new page,

So, where do I go to ask questions about the performance of certain games on PC?

I'm looking at Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition from the humble sale and was wondering how it performs before I buy.

I have an R9 390 if that matters.

A 390 will max out AC, no problem. Except for the Nvidia PhysX stuff.

KainXVIII

My old computer desk, not really useful, maybe i need to disassemble it..

6JQb.png

7JQb.png

m8jNBc3.jpg

Another one for The 21:9 army
Very nice. Love the wooden optic. How do you find the Nintendo Pro Controller? It looks nice but I've never laid my hands on one.
here's my setup (I really should clean my mousepad)

Also, Savage: Resurrection looks sweet, but there literally isn't a video on youtube about it.
Looks so comfy I could take over your life and not feel strange for a moment!
---

Previously Recorded - DOOM
Review by the Gaming Channel of Red Letter Media guys. Fun watch.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wish the AI did something, anything in that game. Last night I loaded my save and simulated nearly 100 years of gameplay and absolutely nothing happened. Pretty much the whole galaxy has been colonized, people mostly hate each other, there are alliances.. and there's been 0 wars. Nothing seems to happen unless the player instigates first. That's the problem though, I'm happy with my civilization, no desire to attack my neighbours because I'm friends with them so I guess we are all waiting for some big late game events. I wonder how many hundred years more until those start to happen.
yeah, i'm not a big fan of how little u interact with other factions, or interact in general

there's like little guidance of how well you're doing or what you need to do or what exactly ur win conditions are (i think there's a screen for that but i forgot where it was heh, which i guess is my fault but it doesn't feel super present)

and you're upgrading ur tech and researching shit and colonizing and whatever but it feels such a lonely thing and your options for diplomacy are really limited to the point that interacting with other factions doesn't seem like it's worth the while

not a big fan of the game, i think i'll stick with civ 5 :/

I got 36...

chrome%20count.PNG
gross

Sunset on sale

Cheapest options available are either https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sunset or https://taleoftales.itch.io/sunset (both include steam key as well as drm-free version).

For a bit more you can get the game on steam on sale as well.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287600
this is so weird but i guess little money is better than no money

bought it, was interested in this game for a while

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Also, since new page,

So, where do I go to ask questions about the performance of certain games on PC?

I'm looking at Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition from the humble sale and was wondering how it performs before I buy.

I don't think the D3D11 renderer received all of the post-release support it was in dire need of, but the D3D9 renderer was fine even on launch day.

what is on those tubes m8

cream for my eczema that i got on my hands. Its all good now tho, I still got to use it till it runs out tho according to the doctor.

and then a few left over day and nightquils back when i had a cold two weeks ago, to lazy to go put them away lol

AHA-Lambda

Looks like Albino Lullaby is a bit in trouble.

Ep2 has been delayed from Jan 2016 to September 2016 because they don't have a way to fund it's development currently.

They're trying to push it with VR support and maybe an eventual Kickstarter. They'll be offering refunds if they can't find a way to secure it's completion.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/355860/discussions/0/371918937257521530/#c364041776199105073

Really unfortunate, the game reminded me of Tim Burton.

Why do I have a feeling we'll see more of this?

Blues and Bullets & Kentucky Route Zero

Hektor

what is in those tubes m8

Tubes and a towel next to a PC can only mean one thing. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

my phone camara is super shitty but here's my desk thingie

i'll probably move link and lulu to make some room for a second monitor

gotta find some space for them to live in tho

Why do you allow Lulu to do drugs? No wonder she looks so happy.

Why do I have a feeling we'll see more of this?

Blues and Bullets & Kentucky Route Zero

KRZ seems to make steady progress at least. The devs of those games probably plan that the sales of the first episodes will be able to fund the later ones. And if that doesn't happen they're screwed. It's a rather risky business plan i feel.

e90Mark

A chair really should be something to splurge on granted you spend a lot of time at your desk.

Any of the entry level ergo chairs would be really good.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mystery GAF -- MB-369061D2CA6B9067 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by gurm3n - Taken by Parsnip

data

Also, since new page,

I don't think you should worry about how games run if you have an R9 390...

AHA-Lambda

KRZ seems to make steady progress at least. The devs of those games probably plan that the sales of the first episodes will be able to fund the later ones. And if that doesn't happen they're screwed. It's a rather risky business plan i feel.

That's what worries me, think about how long ago KRZ first came out =/
They must be running on fumes at this point

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-369061D2CA6B9067 - Taken by ModBot

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That's what worries me, think about how long ago KRZ first came out =/
They must be running on fumes at this point

The game has never been cheaper than $12.50 ($8.75 going to developers), they've sold 125,000 copies (so they've made conservatively a million dollars and probably more likely closer to 1.5 million), and they've only had to employ 3 people for 4 years without an office. I suspect they're ok.

AHA-Lambda

The game has never been cheaper than $12.50 ($8.75 going to developers), they've sold 125,000 copies (so they've made conservatively a million dollars and probably more likely closer to 1.5 million), and they've only had to employ 3 people for 4 years without an office. I suspect they're ok.

Ah, nvm then!

AHA-Lambda

Right I'm away to Finland for 2 weeks at the end of the month, am I safe to buy things from my Steam account via my mobile while I'm abroad?

I want to join in the fun. I've been wanting to put up some shelves for the few bits of tat I have on my window and now just returning from Japan I have a fair few extra figures :p

This has got me messed up, I'm watching that same GB video and am on almost the same spot as that picture when I saw it posted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom