• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Holy shit, you have a floppy disk. Great fossil!
BzyiWy4.gif

They can extract its fossil DNA and use it to clone ancient computers like the Amstrad, Amiga, Atari ST...

Jurassic Computer.

Vuze

honestly 5 dollar keyboards look a lot better than the rainbow led command center bullshit that's popular among gamers.
Pretty much. My latest favorite abomination is the Corsair STRAFE RGB. It just looks super tacky as a whole. Pair that with the "highlighted" WASD and space bar along with the fucking ugly cap prints and a retail price of 160 bucks... lol

hohoXD123

honestly 5 dollar keyboards look a lot better than the rainbow led command center bullshit that's popular among gamers.

Staring at my spirally rainbow keyboard now, I have to say I disagree. It's too pwetty.

Pretty much. My latest favorite abomination is the Corsair STRAFE RGB. It just looks super tacky as a whole. Pair that with the "highlighted" WASD and space bar along with the fucking ugly cap prints and a retail price of 160 bucks... lol

:( It is pretty much your only option as far as I know if you want the MX silent keyswitches though.

MRORANGE

Are we posting our desk?, this is what mine looked a few years ago... Looks like crap at the moment:

Plus best keyboard of all time is this:

329EAWG.jpg

it's like the Nokia 3310 of Keyboards, durable, last forver (10+ years for me) and good spacing and feedback with a nice sounding key presses - even if isn't mechanical.

I am pretty sure I will never ever need another keyboard ever again.

iosefe

Are we posting our desk?, this is what mine looked a few years ago... Looks like crap at the moment:

329EAWG.jpg

it's like the Nokia 3310 of Keyboards, durable, last forver (10+ years for me) and good spacing and feedback with a nice sounding key presses - even if isn't mechanical.

i got one of those monitors as well. unfortunately, my DVI/VGA adaptor broke and i haven't been assed to go buy a new one, so i'm down to just one monitor.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

329EAWG.jpg

I have two of those in my closet. Best keyboard I've ever used. My wife bought me one and was disappointed because she thought she "bought the wrong model" because of how "cheap and boring" it looked. Like, duh. How is no one else making keyboards with slimline bezels like this?

Knurek

329EAWG.jpg

Keyboard fight? Keyboard fight:

KLLOGK120-2.png

Come at me, bros.
$15.
Best bloody keyboard ever made.

329EAWG.jpg

I had one of these keyboardsn on my work, it was so good.

Nzyme32

So true. For my new machine I am using a £8 Dell K216 Keyboard, which I actually love over other keyboards I've had previously.

The keyboard is not garish and over the top "gamer" crap, the keys are clicky enough but extremely quiet without any mushy feeling, the keyboard is really small and very slim too. The key travel isn't too large or too shallow. The only downside is that I would like some kind of simple backlight for the occasions when I wouldn't have a light on, but really it's the best compromise for the price. It also has a numpad which I actually use a lot, as well as some media keys that I use now and then.

This is not actually the right one, this isn't in english obviously, but otherwise it's the same if you also remove the extra keys Japan has:
inspiron3650-skylake-keyboard.jpg

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Heaven Island VR MMO -- MB-D77CCC03ED973403 - Taken by Fare Godmace
Rubber and Lead -- MB-AC36848C5E9DC133 - Taken by Jalal
Deadbreed Yellow Package -- MB-52E31A9A1DD8925D - Taken by schroddycat
Sumo Revise -- MB-534A70A0789A32D2 - Taken by Loptous
Run Run And Die -- MB-41B3C2521C07512B - Taken by Eila
Quick Slick Deadly -- MB-BA3329AB8EE87D97 - Taken by voodooray
Doorways Chapters 1 to 3 Collection -- MB-6FE1D7A483D8FA12 - Taken by bloke
Tea Party Simulator 2015 -- MB-19155E2F78993EDD - Taken by neonglow
8BitBoy -- MB-5113E3AAC9CC9EA6 - Taken by Henry Swanson
BlackShadows -- MB-14A3DC4A74CF63B7 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Drift streets japan -- MB-8F885016E7209489 - Taken by rainking187
Ruzh Delta Z #2 -- MB-252DE878309747A6 - Taken by Jalal
Temper Tantrum -- MB-5623957890C4337C - Taken by Kagemusha
TeraBlaster -- MB-3BFB24A67E122A32 - Taken by Jalal
Fiends of Imprisonment -- MB-124A6D2287BEA342 - Taken by texhnolyze
East India Company Gold -- MB-EAD2923E07838B0F - Taken by UnderWaterTree
The Adventures of Mr. Bobley -- MB-C952B6E67BFA5091 - Taken by Saty
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-36B9D5723DF11D7C - Taken by neonglow
Grave Prosperity Redux part 1 -- MB-B2A661C8DDA7C9F0 - Taken by Abomination
Protoshift -- MB-183DA4CE04C78959 - Taken by Costa1774
Grave Prosperity Redux part 1 #2 -- MB-A95CF9B4F283FB79 - Taken by krczt23
Perfect Angle -- MB-02BC87AFF86C9CBE - Taken by fifasnipe2224

329EAWG.jpg

Nah son. My Dell with the media controls is better.
Actually the l key is dying and the rattle of the caps is pretty loud for not being mechanical. I need a new.

zkylon

zkylewd
those keyboards look cool but i think i don't work well with small return keys

like i need that big fat enter that you can smash

Its incredibly easy to setup with the PC with Wiiusoft and its probably the best controller I've ever played.

SFV with it is bliss
High praise. Will keep an eye open for cheap ones.
The $9 amazon keyboard is pretty great, actually.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EOWBHC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

zero complaints.
Oooh, this looks so nice to type on. Almost can feel it. Nice. Once my PB KUF0601 dies, I'll give this one a go.
Eh, this wired keyboard is not available on German Amazon. Boo.

Grief.exe

Poker 3 keyboard is pretty sweet.

poker-3-pbt-iso-nordic-alu-casing-black-version.jpg

Any speaker recommendations? My Logitech ones died months ago but I've been fine with headphones but my roommate is requesting speakers.

I have some Klipsch speakers that I have to amp externally, but these audio engine speakers are always highly recommend and internally amplified.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FE9XGVM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

81qXbjVEuhL._SL1500_.jpg

Its incredibly easy to setup with the PC with Wiiusoft and its probably the best controller I've ever played.

SFV with it is bliss

Is it a wrapper that converts the inputs to xinput

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom