• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I gotfed up failing to sell the foil i got for reversion
And went and bought the other foils and made a badge :s

Grief.exe

ARK has been in early access for almost a year (!) and it's still running like shit, great.

How come people gave this game a positive reviews? Game can't be fun if it runs like shit. It's like taking away half of the enjoyment. I know my PC is old but this is just unacceptable. I'm so disappointed at PC gamers, I thought we have high standards.

Game development generally puts optimization at the very tail end of development. Reason being any optimization during development could be made superfluous by changes going forward.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvBjCO19QY

JarrodL

I feel NMS will be a lot like an indie version of Elite: Dangerous, but more focused on fun than realism.

Which is totally fine, cause I loved exploring the galaxy in Elite and devoted probably over a hundred hours to it. Still waiting for all promised expansions there (planetary landings for remaining planet types, walking around spaceships and stations, etc) before I jump back in. Therefore I likely won't be picking up NMS until much, much later, even though I have no doubt I'd love it as well.

Anteater

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killer is Dead - Nightmare Edition -- MB-09BBB7FE89F8F2FD - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition -- MB-8B574E1867B1CEB9 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Saint's Row 2 -- MB-F31EDE9392271E9D - Taken by Vazra. 1 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-FAB5BD090B51B68E - Taken by Lashley. 1 entrants total.

t1464003935z1.png

~

sanhora

This is why I love buying new visual novels on Steam. Although now that I think about it, I probably could've doubled the price and still sold it.

hi91O04.jpg

yuraya

SteamGAF needs to get on that EA Origin Access instead of dabbling around in some terrible Battle.net games. Get that Origin goodness for only 5$ per month. Its a great deal.

And speaking of Origin Access..

The Mass Effect trilogy, Trine games (1+2) and Peggle will be added to the vault soon. Its shaping up to be a very nice vault.

Knurek

Etrian Odyssey/Persona games for €10 this Thursday.

I'd say it's a good time to buy a 3DS except for the fact that I'm confident 2017 will be the year Atlus JP discovers Steam.

SteamGAF needs to get on that EA Origin Access instead of dabbling around in some terrible Battle.net games. Get that Origin goodness for only 5$ per month. Its a great deal.

And speaking of Origin Access..

The Mass Effect trilogy, Trine games (1+2) and Peggle will be added to the vault soon. Its shaping up to be a very nice vault.
I took a look at EA's "Vault", I either own most of the games on Steam and/or Origin, or just not that interested in them at all. Maybe I'll spend that 5 dollars for BF4 if I'm really bored.

yuraya

I took a look at EA's "Vault", I either own most of the games on Steam and/or Origin, or just not that interested in them at all. Maybe I'll spend that 5 dollars for BF4 if I'm really bored.

I think the Battlefield and FIFA games will always bring value to that sub. $5 to play FIFA 16 and BF4 for a month is worth it. Plus all 3 Dragon Age games are in it and soon the ME games will be added. A lot of good Bioware stuff in there for those who missed out on them.

Even if you just sub a few months out of the year you will always get a lot of fun out of it. Times like this I wish EA would release NHL and Madden on pc. That vault would be legit insane right now if they did.

Phinor

Are they adding half of the game with Mass Effect 2&3, or the full games? And by that I mean are they including all the DLC or not? Because if they are not, what a worthless offering and if they are, it might be the first legal way to get access to all of that integral story DLC for less than $80 or so.

Today?

looks at Amazon

cries

Ouch. I'm glad I didn't really like the included statue as I would have ordered the collector's edition and might have wound up in the same situation as you. Regular digital PC edition for me! Looking forward to getting some time in tonight with it.

Tenrius

My client freezes for a minute or two when I hover the cursor above any buttons in the upper left (Store, Library etc). It works fine after that, but if I leave the client for 10-15 minutes, it happens again. Anyone else has that? This has been happening for a few weeks. I've tried switching between beta update and the regular version and had no dice. Not really keen on deleting everything in the Steam folder (mainly because I want to keep my screenshots), but might try that because this is getting annoying.

yuraya

Are they adding half of the game with Mass Effect 2&3, or the full games? And by that I mean are they including all the DLC or not? Because if they are not, what a worthless offering and if they are, it might be the first legal way to get access to all of that integral story DLC for less than $80 or so.

I doubt they'll include DLC. Although Battlefield: Hardline Ultimate edition is part of the access so you never know. Maybe EA will find its soul and surprise everyone but I doubt it. It would probably be a lot of work on there end as well since the DLC is tied to that crappy bioware bucks store. I don't think they'll bother.

I'm actually looking to replay ME1-3 soon in time for the new one. If they gave away free dlc with the sub that would be epic. But yea I'm not getting my hopes high.

mp1990

Banned
I'm reaching the conclusion that Windows 10 hates my guts. Somehow I logged into an account that isn't the administrator one, and now I'm locked out of everything because my PC keeps asking me a password which I have not a single clue what it is (I've tried every one I could think of). And even when I log off, there's no other account, just the one I'm currently using. This shit is really making me pull my hairs out, I can't even boot Steam games up without this fucking password (although I've found a way of circumventing this), think I'll have to wipe my PC clean and install W10 again :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My client freezes for a minute or two when I hover the cursor above any buttons in the upper left (Store, Library etc). It works fine after that, but if I leave the client for 10-15 minutes, it happens again. Anyone else has that? This has been happening for a few weeks. I've tried switching between beta update and the regular version and had no dice. Not really keen on deleting everything in the Steam folder (mainly because I want to keep my screenshots), but might try that because this is getting annoying.

I had the same issue a few weeks ago -- virtually every time I hovered over the Library tab, the client would lock up for around a minute. It magically went away on its own, so, uh, best of luck! ;)

computer didnt blow up, all my shit still auto logs in, nothing seems to have changed. Guess this Win 10 thing was pretty harmless
Told you.
Is this the new FN@F
Add Overwatch.exe as non-steam game shortcut, easy as that.
Depends on the game.
Today?

looks at Amazon

cries

Don't care about physical versions of games if you want to play as soon as it's ready o3o.

I'm reaching the conclusion that Windows 10 hates my guts. Somehow I logged into an account that isn't the administrator one, and now I'm locked out of everything because my PC keeps asking me a password which I have not a single clue what it is (I've tried every one I could think of). And even when I log off, there's no other account, just the one I'm currently using. This shit is really making me pull my hairs out, I can't even boot Steam games up without this fucking password (although I've found a way of circumventing this), think I'll have to wipe my PC clean and install W10 again :(

Really bizarre.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Did you sign into your Microsoft account at any point? By default, doing so automagically converts your local account to an MS one and from thereon your local account password will no longer work.

I tested it myself before I posted.

No no that's not what I meant, it works but, launching the game prompts you with a log in that sometimes is hit or miss. With the Bnet client it just logs you in automatically. Then again it could be just the fact that beta didn't allow non-client log ins.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Fire -- MB-F627F5AAC2A29876 - Taken by Deques

-

mp1990

Banned
Did you sign into your Microsoft account at any point? By default, doing so automagically converts your local account to an MS one and from thereon your local account password will no longer work.

Nope, don't think I even have an MS account to begin with. This PC was my father's before I took possession of it though, so I'll have to check out with him. Weird thing is, there was two accounts when I first booted the PC up, but now I can only find mine, the other account disappeared into thin air.

Phawx

Has Ori and the Blind Forest even gone on sale on Steam? Paying $20 feels rather high.

It's a huge pain in the ass, but you can get the Definitive edition for $6 through Russian Win10 store. Doesn't have a Steam key but it is an Xbox Live game through Win10 store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom