• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron D.

By all accounts AoW3 has much better tactical combat, and that's the core of the game, whereas EL is more your traditional Civ-like 4X.

Yeah, I watched a couple vids and that appears to be the case.

I get the guilts when I spy some New Shiny while completely ignoring last week's (virtually identical) New Shiny that has gone ignored on the pile.

Maybe I should circle back around with Endless Legend before committing to even more Pile fodder.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
GUST coming to Steam:

header.jpg

Only €32

All that support that MK:X didnt get on PC I see.

Lomax

Yeah, I watched a couple vids and that appears to be the case.

I get the guilts when I spy some New Shiny while completely ignoring last week's (virtually identical) New Shiny that has gone ignored on the pile.

Maybe I should circle back around with Endless Legend before committing to even more Pile fodder.

Yeah I'm in the same situation, I've actually played (and loved) Endless Legend a decent amount (more than any other 4X in the past few years), but every time AoW3 comes up I consider it and then think I should just go play EL (or one of the dozens of untouched strategy games I have) more.

Amzin

I posted this in the B/S/T thread too but if any Brazil GAFfer wants to help me buy something from Nuuvem send me a PM. Looking for the AC: Syndicate Season Pass and Dreadful Crimes DLC :p

After reading that I dont get what she is sueing Valve for. For using free translators or for discrimination.
And even then this sounds strange:

$1 million for loss of earnings.

I wish I would get a translation job where I would lose $ 1m if I get fired.
Btw. that free translation program is being used by Valve already so long. So if you agree to fan-translate games for Valve and their publishers on Steam without any compensation, why would you complain?

Or did I understand the article wrong? Since I am a german law graduate, I dont quite get what she is sueing Valve for. Unpaid wages? Discrimination? Unpaid wages for free translators? Damages? Wouldnt each have to be an own case?

dreamfall

60FPS for Shinovi Versus is awesome! Hope they bring the sequel too.

I've been playing way too much of Way of the Samurai 4... READY FOR ALL TYPES OF RIDICULOUS.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
$30 with 10% launch discount. All DLC included.
Meh. I value the game at $20 and I'm sure the $10 of DLC will not add 50% more content to the game. That's the only way I can make sense of valuating DLC to not get ripped off, like MS with their ridiculous $30 Forza 6 DLC to add 42 cars and no tracks, types, or modes to a game with over 450 cars.

MUnited83

For you.
After reading that I dont get what she is sueing Valve for. For using free translators or for discrimination.

Btw. that free translation program is being used by Valve already so long. So if you agree to fan-translate games for Valve and their publishers on Steam without any compensation, why would you complain?

Or did I understand the article wrong? Since I am a german law graduate, I dont quite get what she is sueing Valve for. Unpaid wages? Discrimination? Unpaid wages for free translators? Damages? Wouldnt each have to be an own case?
150k is the unpaid wages, not the 1$m. And she was not a fan translator , but a oficial one paid and employed directly by Valve. And yes, she can sue for all of those at the same time, though each one would be individually verified throughout the case (so she can win the discrimination part but not the loss of earnings one, or vice versa )

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

She's suing for wrongful termination. She alleges that Valve illegally terminated her employment as a reprisal for complaining about their use of unpaid translators. Additionally, she is claiming that her termination may have been discriminatory and motivated by a direct supervisor who referred to her as "it," following her gender reassignment surgery.

It's all the same lawsuit.

Edit:
also what Bernardo said.

Xanathus

I posted this in the B/S/T thread too but if any Brazil GAFfer wants to help me buy something from Nuuvem send me a PM. Looking for the AC: Syndicate Season Pass and Dreadful Crimes DLC :p

As far as I know you don't actually need a South American payment method to buy the *Assassin Creed* games from Nuuvem, you only need a South American proxy/VPN to checkout the game in the shopping cart page. It worked for me with Assassin Creed Rogue.

150k is the unpaid wages, not the 1$m. And she was not a fan translator , but a oficial one paid and employed directly by Valve. And yes, she can sue for all of those at the same time, though each one would be individually verified throughout the case (so she can win the discrimination part but not the loss of earnings one, or vice versa )

She's suing for wrongful termination. She alleges that Valve illegally terminated her employment as a reprisal for complaining about their use of unpaid translators. Additionally, she is claiming that her termination may have been discriminatory and motivated by a direct supervisor who referred to her as "it," following her gender reassignment surgery.

It's all the same lawsuit.

Edit:
also what Bernardo said.

Thank you both for the clarification. The article was written quite strangely imo.

Lomax

what? but everyone already pay $1 for the division....

I paid 5 cents for 5 copies but 3 got deactivated before I got to use them. Funnily enough, NewEgg refunded me the 99 cents I paid for Far Cry Primal but never sent me anything about the Division keys that were deactivated. I guess I got my nickles worth for the 45 minutes or so I played the game (it was very impressive looking) but it really wasn't my thing.

Nere

Guys splinter cell conviction is on sale. I used to have it on xbox and absolutely loved it and would like to buy it for pc too. The problem is that the reviews say that it is unplayable and should be avoided at all costs is it true? I mean what are the issues with the game? I would really like to buy it. If anyone who has it could advice me would be greatly appreciated.

Jawmuncher

Speaking of ninja turtles, unless you're a die hard fan I wouldn't bother at 50 bucks. It's not even on par with Transformers. Best part of the game so far has been the cutscenes.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
that's some serious shit but sounds like one of those things that will be settled and we'll never know the full story

She has a pretty difficult case to prove, I think.

Her primary claim, that she was fired as retribution, would be hard to prove even if she wasn't an independent contractor. However, she agreed to become an independent contractor when she moved to L.A. for her surgery and usually that entails forfeiting certain rights. You obviously still have some rights, but I imagine the terms of the contract allow Valve to end their agreement nearly at-will.

If it didn't, she would be suing them for a much easier to prove breach of contract.

The claim of discrimination could also be hard to prove as well unless there is some written communication or witness available to corroborate her story.

Aerocrane

Guys splinter cell conviction is on sale. I used to have it on xbox and absolutely loved it and would like to buy it for pc too. The problem is that the reviews say that it is unplayable and should be avoided at all costs is it true? I mean what are the issues with the game? I would really like to buy it. If anyone who has it could advice me would be greatly appreciated.

The biggest issue seems to be that the game doesn't even launch on Windows 10, and it might not work on Windows 8 either. Also some people have had severe performance issues with modern AMD graphics cards. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 and it worked just fine when I played it a couple years back. The game does use Uplay on the PC even when bought from Steam.

dex3108

zkylon

zkylewd
She has a pretty difficult case to prove, I think.

Her primary claim, that she was fired as retribution, would be hard to prove even if she wasn't an independent contractor. However, she agreed to become an independent contractor when she moved to L.A. for her surgery and usually that entails forfeiting certain rights. You obviously still have some rights, but I imagine the terms of the contract allow Valve to end their agreement nearly at-will.

If it didn't, she would be suing them for a much easier to prove breach of contract.

The claim of discrimination could also be hard to prove as well unless there is some written communication or witness available to corroborate her story.

yeah unfortunately if what she's claiming is true it's probably gonna be pretty difficult to prove unless she got someone as witness which i imagine is not super easy to find when you're in her position

sucky situation all around

Nere

The biggest issue seems to be that the game doesn't even launch on Windows 10, and it might not work on Windows 8 either. Also some people have had severe performance issues with modern AMD graphics cards. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 and it worked just fine when I played it a couple years back. The game does use Uplay on the PC even when bought from Steam.

That's really sad. So you suggest not buying it right? Maybe I can buy it and refund it if it doesn't work. Blacklist doesn't suffer from those problems right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom