• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stall19

It's amazing how much better Arkham Origins runs when you turn off PhysX. I should have done that in Arkham City, not because it made the game run bad but it's awful. It took me out of the game with how bad some of that was, especially in Penguin"s museum.

Nzyme32

I absolutely love Stephen's Sausage Roll. Like locked into my 2016 GOTY Top 10, love.

Shame that the price coupled with the lo-fi art direction make it a prohibitive sell.

Best puzzle game I've played in years.

I loved it so much I had to refund it, it is exactly the game I would have been addicted to completing, even though I probably wouldn't be able to for many months, so my mind actually went logical and I figured I'd repurchase it at a better time

Salsa

lol Speed Racer is absolutely fucking fantastic you plebes

but yeah idk, seems like a watch it yourself kinda thing for Warcraft

I just hope it does well I love Duncan

kagamin

You know what game I'd buy at 36 bucks and 26 cents? A giant robot dancing competition rhythm game. That's like a dream for me.

I liked Gods of Egypt and I liked what I saw in the Warcraft trailer.

Sometimes you just need to turn off your brain and enjoy stupid CG action.

Salsa

Titanfall leakzz

I've been sitting on some Titanfall 2 information that was shared with me, and I've finally got the go ahead to post.
Titanfall 2 will release in October and the Mountain dew leak is indeed legitimate. They've added a ton of new pilot abilities including the addition of a grappling hook. My source said you can use it quite extensively, for getting into your Titan, aiding free-running, or tactical plays such as pulling enemies while they're midair. The pre-order bonus will be a handgun called the Violator. Multiplayer maps are bigger which I can assume they upped the player count to go along with them.
The left side of this will be the box art.
Stay tuned.

day 0

origin bbyyyy

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Speed Racer confirmed

Speed Racer was a fantastic adaptation of the source material, and exceeded relevant expectations. A large group of adults, for some unfathomable reason, were apparently expecting that a children's movie based on a highly stylized 1960s children's comic and cartoon would not be a highly stylized 1960s children's movie. Those people are probably the same ones who demand that comic book heroes, which are basically children's characters that deal with simple uplifting themes, need to be remade into gritty, depressing, and murderous characters so that they can be enjoyed better by "adults".

Lomax

Battlefield Earth carries a lot of weight with it. It's not something that should get thrown around easily.

Yeah honestly when someone throws around Battlefield Earth as a comparison it's almost certainly hyperbole. Especially when the other reviews are more along the lines of "it's okay for a genre film."

Edit: Yeah, Hollywood Reporter gave Warcraft a good review and especially spoke highly of Jones's directing. Whomever compared it to Battlefield Earth was just looking for attention.

"Yet there’s no question that it’s a breakthrough in both storytelling and artistry for features based on video games."

Salsa

Titanfall is king of movement.

wallruns

double jumps

wall jumps

stick to walls

parkour style climbing

and now

fucking grappling hooks

all the shit that's cool about moving in a game, in one game

king of cool

Salsa

Go install Warframe

I did

its bleh

this is the call of duty people, which say what you want about it always had a great movement flow

Titanfall is that turnt up to 11

idk what's to hate. first game was a bit scarse on content but this time around there's even an SP campaign

all in

it's like the multiplayer Dishonored in terms of "oh shit look at the cool shit I just pulled without missin a beat"

MUnited83

For you.
Titanfill still cool

you're thinking of Battlefront

Battlefront, Hardline, PvZ2 and Titanfall, all dead ass communities. If you want to have a decent online experience on a online game that is Origin exclusive and it's not a mainline Battlefield, you need to go console.

Salsa

Battlefront, Hardline, PvZ2 and Titanfall, all dead ass communities. If you want to have a decent online experience on a online game that is Origin exclusive and it's not a mainline Battlefield, you need to go console.

I got all the time I wanted out of Titanfall just fine

even went back when they made all DLC free (which was awesome) and had a lot of fun for a while

Tizoc

Titanfall is king of movement.

wallruns

double jumps

wall jumps

stick to walls

parkour style climbing

and now

fucking grappling hooks

all the shit that's cool about moving in a game, in one game

king of cool

Yet it's not on the 3DS.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Focus Home Interactive? Why didn't they stay with Square Enix?

Vampyr would have been a tougher sell as it's a full-length ARPG set in Victorian London. LiS, on the other hand, was very low risk as the budget was "small" and the episodic release schedule allowed Squeenix to be non-commital: if the first episode "bombed", it could have pulled the plug on the second and not bothered at all with the other three, and so on.

Lomax

SteamGAF ignoring PvZ2 while jizzing all over Overwatch is the fucking worst.

Blizzard knows how to create buzz.

I did

its bleh

this is the call of duty people, which say what you want about it always had a great movement flow

Titanfall is that turnt up to 11

idk what's to hate. first game was a bit scarse on content but this time around there's even an SP campaign

all in

it's like the multiplayer Dishonored in terms of "oh shit look at the cool shit I just pulled without missin a beat"

Gaf makes it sound like Titanfall bombed, when it actually sold over 10 million copies. Hell, Blizzard would probably be super happy if Overwatch does Titanfall numbers.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Focus Home Interactive? Why didn't they stay with Square Enix?

Focus Home Interactive is invested in publishing and developing mid tier titles, like Vampyr. On the other hand, Square Enix is concerned with larger titles and harvesting their existing IP for mobile games.

MUnited83

For you.
Blizzard knows how to create buzz.

Gaf makes it sound like Titanfall bombed, when it actually sold over 10 million copies. Hell, Blizzard would probably be super happy if Overwatch does Titanfall numbers.

It didn't sell 10 million copies though. And Overwatch will outsell it easily.

Lain

One of the best alternatives to play blu-rays on PC at least. For the 5 people like me that still care about Blu-rays.

Once it ends in a sale, I'll get it. I need to replace the one that came with my drive, since no updates means no support to watch the latest movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom