• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

It just seems a little cheesy when you consider the fact that they're not paying a licensing fee to publish games on PC. It's like that savings used to be passed on to the people buying the games and now... the publisher's charging the same for the PC version and pocketing the "console tax"? Bleh.

Yeah i'm not condoning it, but it has been the standard for awhile now. PC ports being 10 cheaper than consoles is the exception rather than the rule these days. Seemed by the end of the last gen that started to hit.

Seeing a lot of people freak out about the Setsuna price, seems fine to me.

Yeah, I guess the issue is that there's no retail version. Thus to some it should be 30 due to that.

Tizoc

Don't forget this gem turd

Shit that does remind me, the best video game based movie/film-
Assassins_Fist_first_official_poster_Ken_and_Ryu.jpeg

Jawmuncher

Wasn't the second campaign with all RE characters a whole new DLC?
I didn't manage to proceed in the main campaign anyway, it was too boring.

No the second campaign was with Spec Ops Echo Six team. You meet other RE characters in it, but you never play as them.
The campaign was supposed to be part of the main game, but capcom wanted the game sooner so it got held back. It's better than the USS campaign, but not by a huge amount.

Tellaerin

Did my reply (and like half a page worth of posts) just vanish into the ether? WTF is going on here? o.o

Edit: And now they're back. Must've been a glitch in the Matrix. That was very weird.

6700k, 1080 both under water with a 240 rad.

I was thinking of doing two 240 rads, but I think I'll wait to see if that's necessary.

The positioning of two 240 rads is also somewhat awkward thermally. You end up either dumping hot air into the case and feeding the second rad to keep positive pressure, or you run a negative pressure setup with both rads pulling air out of the case.
Overtime it might not make a difference as your Delta t with the ambient will reach an equilibrium.
That sounds quite deluxe. I hope to see some build pics.
i don't get how companies still make cases with usb ports on the bottom

pretty

would be prettier in orange

I would use the direct mobo ports first, and then probably a usb hub before using the front. Plus, considering the size of the case your headphones would probably go into an external box.

Already had it
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Airstrike HD -- MB-668DCEF033528361 - Taken by jgalat

Phawx

Installing TMNT. I'll be able to demo online co-op. When I can, I'll post impressions.

Edit: KB/M controls are excellent.

Ludens

Banned
No the second campaign was with Spec Ops Echo Six team. You meet other RE characters in it, but you never play as them.
The campaign was supposed to be part of the main game, but capcom wanted the game sooner so it got held back. It's better than the USS campaign, but not by a huge amount.

Oh, ok.

Parsnip

Jawmuncher

Shinovi Versus is a lot better than Estival Versus (the new one that came out this year). The game can be fairly repetitive but it's still rather fun, if you enjoy stuff like that one steam game I can't remember the name of.

rtcn63

Yeah! I think the demo also had Tony Hawks and Bust a Groove 2. Both which I did buy.

Not sure if it's the same one, but the THPS2 demo was so broken. I was getting like a million+ points per run, but in the actual game, it was much, much harder to rack them up.

Yakkue

I'm having a weird problem with the steam client. A couple of days ago I tried opening Artheas games list in the steam client but it wouldn't load. Now I can't access anything but my library anymore, if I try to go to the store, community or my profile, all I see is Artheas never-loading games.

madjoki

I'm having a weird problem with the steam client. A couple of days ago I tried opening Artheas games list in the steam client but it wouldn't load. Now I can't access anything but my library anymore, if I try to go to the store, community or my profile, all I see is Artheas never-loading games.

It happens randomly, restarting steam fixes it.

Arthea

you shouldn't have done that
I can't access my game list for months now, it just never loads
sorry for breaking your steam

Messiah

Yeah that happens when you try to check huge game lists. Just restart the client.

Edit: Too slow.

Ludens

Banned

Steam is very glitchy since the last update, from time to time I have the same problem and also a lot of microfreezes, try to opt in the last beta to see if it solves your issue.

Yakkue

It happens randomly, restarting steam fixes it.

Yeah that happens when you try to check huge game lists. Just restart the client.

Edit: Too slow.

Thanks, that worked! They really should redo that client though..

you shouldn't have done that
I can't access my game list for months now, it just never loads
sorry for breaking your steam
Won't it even load for you from a browser? It takes a long time, but it does load in chrome for me.

Steam is very glitchy since the last update, from time to time I have the same problem and also a lot of microfreezes, try to opt in the last beta to see if it solves your issue.
I have those microfreezes as well :/ Did using the beta work for you?

If you must stalk Arthea try it on a browser.

Binoculars also work quite well.

Arthea

I wonder when they gonna fix it, it's beyond annoying, I can't move a finger without steam client freezing.

But that can't access a game list on browsers is a very old thing and has nothing to do with latest problems.

Won't it even load for you from a browser? It takes a long time, but it does load in chrome for me.

nope, can't access it anywhere, I only noticed when several people told me that trying to access it freezes their clients/browsers.
But I can live with it, if only they fixed current client freezing problem

mp1990

Banned
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who stalks my friends game lists.

L.O.R.D

i hope they include all the DLC in the game,not really looking to buy all the dlc again.
Edit:eek:h,it's really comes with all the DLC.

Thanks xseed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom