• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

What are people's guesses on how long it'll take for the price of GTX 970s to go down? I'm eyeing an upgrade after the 1070 comes out.

Phinor

What are people's guesses on how long it'll take for the price of GTX 970s to go down? I'm eyeing an upgrade after the 1070 comes out.

They won't go down across the board. Some stores will have stock clearance sales and such, used cards will slowly drop in price as new cards are coming into the market and people want to get rid of their old stuff. The reason there won't be a huge price drop across the board is simple: they already stopped producing 970 cards a while ago.

So be prepared to jump on a deal if you see one. There's always deals to be found especially on the used market.

Salsa

Vampyr's "oh will it look all cool like dishonored" concept art

vampyr-concept-art-01.jpg

actual screenshot:

latest

shaka nah

Amzin

As far as I know you don't actually need a South American payment method to buy the *Assassin Creed* games from Nuuvem, you only need a South American proxy/VPN to checkout the game in the shopping cart page. It worked for me with Assassin Creed Rogue.

That's what I thought, and it looks like, but I've tried a bunch of times on different days using different techniques and it always fails at the payment step. I think it's something with my PayPal stopping it for some reason.

Tizoc

Yeesh bosses are tough in the TMNT game. It really feels like they had an idea for the game but honestly it would've served better as a straight up beat'em-up.
I like that all the turtles have Psycho Crushers though.

Aerocrane

That's really sad. So you suggest not buying it right? Maybe I can buy it and refund it if it doesn't work. Blacklist doesn't suffer from those problems right?

It would be for the better to avoid Splinter Cell Conviction. Since it is activated on Uplay, I'm not sure if Valve's refund policy applies. Blacklist doesn't have those issues, other than it also using Uplay.

The only thing I don't like about Overwatch is that it's almost too good.

Kidding, I won't buy it until I can get a deal of some sort somewhere, preferably by cashing in my bing credit if Microsoft allows me too.

Xanathus

They won't go down across the board. Some stores will have stock clearance sales and such, used cards will slowly drop in price as new cards are coming into the market and people want to get rid of their old stuff. The reason there won't be a huge price drop across the board is simple: they already stopped producing 970 cards a while ago.

So be prepared to jump on a deal if you see one. There's always deals to be found especially on the used market.
Hmm looks like my best option would be to look out for used ones, aiming to get one for around USD 250. I doubt stores in my region will drop prices much because they don't have high sales volume compared to the US.

zkylon

zkylewd
giving an 8/10 for clicks is pretty disgusting

uhh this is such a dangerous opinion to have

overwatch is a pretty good game, it has its issues and it's probably not a 10/10 shooter or whatever

just cos someone gave it an 8 doesn't mean they were baiting for clicks -___-

zkylon

zkylewd
Overwatch is like every Blizzard game, really well made but also really mediocre
yea i'm not sure if i would call games like diablo 2, warcraft 2, starcraft or wow mediocre

and worst of all, fucking rock 'n roll racing

probably hearthstone too, considering how well it's doing

they might not be to your liking but it's undeniable that they have tremendous appeal and it's usually for the right reasons

doesn't mean all their games are good, but mediocre is not the word i would ever use to describe them

Nere

It would be for the better to avoid Splinter Cell Conviction. Since it is activated on Uplay, I'm not sure if Valve's refund policy applies. Blacklist doesn't have those issues, other than it also using Uplay.

Thanks for the warning totally didn't knew about that. Well seems I won't buy it then that is sad :(

Not sure if it was known before but CodeGlue's old XBLA game Rocket Riot is coming soon to Steam.

That's fucking awesome. This game invoked the spirit of Bomberman but alas not many people bought it. Hoping it gets a second life on Steam. The game is much fun.

Lain

Early review scores can be way off. I remember Stephen's Sausage Roll started around 97/100 as well, before dropping to 88/100. In the case of Overwatch, there has to be some wishful thinking: "if it is Blizzard, then it is polished and perfectly addictive".

2016 PC Hall of Fame so far:

Surprised Hyper Light Drifter is so high with it being a 30fps PC action game.

Arthea

Early review scores can be way off. I remember Stephen's Sausage Roll started around 97/100 as well, before dropping to 88/100. In the case of Overwatch, there has to be some wishful thinking: "if it is Blizzard, then it is polished and perfectly addictive".

2016 PC Hall of Fame so far:

not according to steam users:
2016 top so far

1. Factorio
2. Iron Snout
3. NEKOPARA Vol. 2
4. Danganronpa
5. Bit Blaster XL
6. Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt
7. Stardew Valley
8. Rabi-Ribi
9. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
10. Don't Starve Together

KingKong

yea i'm not sure if i would call games like diablo 2, warcraft 2, starcraft or wow mediocre

and worst of all, fucking rock 'n roll racing

probably hearthstone too, considering how well it's doing

they might not be to your liking but it's undeniable that they have tremendous appeal and it's usually for the right reasons

doesn't mean all their games are good, but mediocre is not the word i would ever use to describe them

WoW took a genre that was rough but unique and in the process of making it polished and accessible took out all the interesting things about it, to the point of just being able to play it like it's a single player game

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
not according to steam users:
2016 top so far

1. Factorio
2. Iron Snout
3. NEKOPARA Vol. 2
4. Danganronpa
5. Bit Blaster XL
6. Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt
7. Stardew Valley
8. Rabi-Ribi
9. Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
10. Don't Starve Together

Nice to see Momo mentioned tbh. Nekopara on the other hand ugh.

Don't forget to pick Fata Morgana
bd403884c7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom