• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Battleborn would have to pay me to waste precious moments of my life on it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
isnt there a game that does this already

There's actually three that were all announced around the same time, this was the first one announced though and the first one releasing. This was the game that was announced as 'Last Summer' (announced in 2014), which got into trouble for having a Jason-like character that was too close to Jason, and got reworked.

But with this game, there is the Friday the 13th game coming out late this year, and one other. Be interesting to see which of the 3 end up being the best.

There is Damned, but it's not quite the same thing, though it is monster vs 4 people, these three games are more going for a slasher style.

Will try to get into the beta, could end up like Evolve.

I'm not in the beta myself (opted to risk going with friends for a 5-pack with the 20% discount than getting the deluxe edition), but deluxe edition players do get two keys they can pass out to be in the beta, so may be lucky. I know alpha players and PAX impressions were very positive, but we shall see.

Installing TMNT. I'll be able to demo online co-op. When I can, I'll post impressions.

Edit: KB/M controls are excellent.

kb/m on a platinum game? you're a monster.

There was another one too. I can't remember the name of it though.
Also, I think the upcoming Friday the 13th game is supposed to be like this as well.

There is Damned, but it's not quite the same thing, though it is monster vs 4 people, these three games are more going for a slasher style.

Damned is the one I was thinking of.

Lain

Hanako Games has been sharing some stuff about their latest game released, A Little Lily Princess, on Steam, this being the latest:

ibRb.png

703CD3D05014616EA81DDD826DA210A2D7EE7087

Not sure why they appear on my activity page as published by Hanako (since we aren't friends) but I'm not complaining.

Aaron D.

I loved it so much I had to refund it, it is exactly the game I would have been addicted to completing, even though I probably wouldn't be able to for many months, so my mind actually went logical and I figured I'd repurchase it at a better time

Haha!

That's amazing.

madjoki

Hanako Games has been sharing some stuff about their latest game released, A Little Lily Princess, on Steam, this being the latest:

Not sure why they appear on my activity page as published by Hanako (since we aren't friends) but I'm not complaining.

Maybe it's published by Hanako on Greenlight page and you follow it?

Salsa

lol idk why you're so bent on this

like yeah the game isnt the new CSGO or nothing in terms of community

I played it for many many months and moved on. I went back a bit and had no trouble finding full games

it's fine. It's a new IP and all. I never thought of it as "imma play this forever"

like I said Battlefront died a HECK of a lot faster.

MUnited83

For you.
Guys, this isn't new, there's a 2015 version that was put on steam last year too.

Microsoft needs to include blu ray software in W10 to put an end to this nonsense. Why would anyone pay $100 for this bloatware?

Microsoft is not ever going to do that. They would have to spend too much money on licenses.

I would also not call it "bloatware". I don't know about this 16 edition, but I own 15 and it is one of the best media players you can have, and basically the only way to play native blu-rays legitametely. It's well worth the price. It's a shame that there is no actual competition to it, but it isn't that bad of a price .

MUnited83

For you.
Do you get a bigger discount to upgrade (on Steam)? I remember they'd give incentives before to upgrade to the most recent release (when it wasn't on Steam).

Bought it outside of Steam so I don't know. That said, there doesn't seem to be any mentions of a upgrade program in the store page.

Salsa

Went into the Warcraft movie review thread.

First review compared it to Battlefield Earth...

latest

first review compared it to Battlefield Earth AND Super Mario Bros the movie saying he'd prefer to get a sequel to that

aka:

the reviewer is a hyperbolic turd of clickbait trying to set the narrative early

while also breaking embargo

doubt the movie's super good or anything but you can't take that shit for real

Just purchased a steam link off amazon in preparation to switch to PC gaming again (once I can order a damn 1080 for my new rig). I plan on using wired with a PS4 controller. Anyone using this combination have any comments on how effective it is?

Phawx

Put some solid time in TMNT.

It's just okay. The netcode works really damn well, but that's about it.

The co-op isn't the story mode, instead it's like a weird multi-random objective plopped inside of story element places.

I think my biggest beef with the game is the extremely small window to correctly parry/block/dodge. Especially when there is a whole lot of shit going on. If they just loosened that window, I think I would have enjoyed it way more.

All you wind up doing is spam attacks and wait for an enemy to go through their attack animation and wonder if they have a follow up to that attack animation.

It's got all of the ingredients to make it, but somehow it doesn't work out.

Nabs

Just purchased a steam link off amazon in preparation to switch to PC gaming again (once I can order a damn 1080 for my new rig). I plan on using wired with a PS4 controller. Anyone using this combination have any comments on how effective it is?

The DS4 worked when I tried it. edit: I was even able to get it to pair via BT once. I had trouble pairing it a second time, but it did work well that first time.

Backlogger

Guys, this isn't new, there's a 2015 version that was put on steam last year too.

Microsoft is not ever going to do that. They would have to spend too much money on licenses.

I would also not call it "bloatware". I don't know about this 16 edition, but I own 15 and it is one of the best media players you can have, and basically the only way to play native blu-rays legitametely. It's well worth the price. It's a shame that there is no actual competition to it, but it isn't that bad of a price .

I have an older version that came bundled with my blu ray drive and it was awful and rarely worked. Based on that experience don't think I'd risk buying a newer version. The UI was trash too. It seemed unnecessarily clunky and slow.

SteamGAF ignoring PvZ2 while jizzing all over Overwatch is the fucking worst.

I played a ton of PvZ, it was a really fun game. You know why I originally tried it out? They had a free weekend. Bought the game before the weekend was up because it was so much fun. PvZ2 looked great but they didn't give me a chance to try it out as the beta was only on consoles. I still haven't bothered checking to see if I can try it before I buy it. Maybe one day. You know what other multi only game just came that had an open beta? Yeah you do. Turns out Overwatch is fun for me. I just can't see myself dropping cash on multi only games without being able to see if I'll actually enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom