• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Man, three weeks to E3.

I love E3. <3

Get ready for the 15 minute segments of Destiny DLC, Call of Duty Never Ending Warfare and all the new low end console hardware announcements which get exaggerated as the Titan killer.

Also Zelda. Lots n lots of Zelda.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Call of Juarez -- MB-55F56871BB98590A - Taken by Gez

Popstar

People on reddit are saying you can buy it if you add any US address to your address book.
I have my default address in my address book as a US address but it won't even let me add it to my cart.

They must have implemented something new as it used to work before for digital purchases.

EDIT: wait, I seem to have fixed it... and it's now unavailable. Too slow. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Majukun

is there any way to resolve the stuttering voice chat on steam?
every time someone speaks in rocket league i only hear fragments of it

PaulSane

Hello there!

I've been lurking in this thread for some time now, never actually expecting my account to be activated, but it happend somehow, so here i am :)

I'm very grateful to all the people in this thread who post all that timely info on juicy news, price glitches, bundles, free stuff etc. - thanks to you, i now own a ton of games i will never play. And i'm especially grateful to mr. jshackles for providing the means to never actually play those games :p

Anyway, i'm glad to finally be able to post here, although i'm not sure if i can provide any "useful" info besides my personal opinion on the topics at hand.

Jawmuncher

Hello there!

I've been lurking in this thread for some time now, never actually expecting my account to be activated, but it happend somehow, so here i am :)

I'm very grateful to all the people in this thread who post all that timely info on juicy news, price glitches, bundles, free stuff etc. - thanks to you, i now own a ton of games i will never play. And i'm especially grateful to mr. jshackles for providing the means to never actually play those games :p

Anyway, i'm glad to finally be able to post here, although i'm not sure if i can provide any "useful" info besides my personal opinion on the topics at hand.

Good to see new members interested in the steamgaf community. Welcome.

Hello there!

Welcome to anime/overwatch GAF.

Adry9

Since a couple of days ago I'm having trouble uploading screenshots. Steam says there's an issue with Steam Cloud but I see other people uploading theirs. Anyone having the same problem?

Messiah

Since a couple of days ago I'm having trouble uploading screenshots. Steam says there's an issue with Steam Cloud but I see other people uploading theirs. Anyone having the same problem?

Yeah, Valve broke something. Saw at least three other people mention this as well.

With a bit more research the May 20 beta update broke something. I rolled back to the normal client and they uploaded fine.

Bug in Beta client.

PaulSane

Welcome to anime/overwatch GAF.

I'm ok with anime, not so much Overwatch - it's one of the few Blizzard games i'm not actually interested in for some reason, like, at all. And i have a lot of hours invested in WoW, Diablo, and especially Hearthstone over the course of 10 years.

I need to hide now, don't i? :D

Arthea

Hello there!

you'll fit very well here
welcome aboard

I'm ok with anime, not so much Overwatch - it's one of the few Blizzard games i'm not actually interested in for some reason, like, at all. And i have a lot of hours invested in WoW, Diablo, and especially Hearthstone over the course of 10 years.

I don't like Overwatch either :)

Arthea

no no no
join us in our futile fight with the watch

over and out

Your post totally reflects me except the Hearthstone part. So no, you don't need to hide or anything.

Arthea

Your post totally reflects me except the Hearthstone part. So no, you don't need to hide or anything.

can I interest you in Vivi the game, perhaps?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3..._medium=SteamDB&utm_campaign=SteamDB App Page

Now I want an anime based on Overwatch.

seriously7fsz5.gif

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

X-Blades -- MB-3535C510BF92B94D
Gem Wars Attack of the Jiblets -- MB-D490E3724FC02715 - Taken by Saty

Arthea

now, when Xseed is done with Senran Kagura and Corpse Party, they can concentrate on Trails TC finally
hopefully
Maybe we will get it this year still.

when we were supposed to get LKS bitw? wasn't that early 2016 title?

PaulSane

now, when Xseed is done with Senran Kagura and Corpse Party, they can concentrate on Trails TC finally
hopefully
Maybe we will get it this year still.

when we were supposed to get LKS bitw? wasn't that early 2016 title?

Yeah, i think LKS was targeted at early 2016 release, but it wasn't to be apparently. Also, it looks like their latest tweet that was somewhat relevant to this topic was on Apr 27, with no concrete info, just acknowledging they are still working on it. The game itself is listed as summer release right now.

And i actually have a question about Trails - is there a reason not to pick up first two games right now (during summer sale that is) and wait for release of TC? I mean, i read that FC and SC are basically one game in two parts - will i get the full experience by playing only those two?

Echoplx

I read that the blood and wine update for TW3 will have a new interface, is there anything else notable coming with the patch? Was planning on playing through it again before it releases but might just hold off now.

Ludens

Banned
I read that the blood and wine update for TW3 will have a new interface, is there anything else notable coming with the patch? Was planning on playing through it again before it releases but might just hold off now.

CDPR told they managed to upgrade graphics and to put them into the base game too, but I don't know how much difference there is, I was ok with the base game anyway.

Anyway I read Deadlight DC will come with no discount for people owning the "base" game. That thirst for money.

Echoplx

CDPR told they managed to upgrade graphics and to put them into the base game too, but I don't know how much difference there is, I was ok with the base game anyway.

Hmm got a source for that? Everything I've found says the base game won't get the new graphics updates.

Arthea

Yeah, i think LKS was targeted at early 2016 release, but it wasn't to be apparently. Also, it looks like their latest tweet that was somewhat relevant to this topic was on Apr 27, with no concrete info, just acknowledging they are still working on it. The game itself is listed as summer release right now.

And i actually have a question about Trails - is there a reason not to pick up first two games right now (during summer sale that is) and wait for release of TC? I mean, i read that FC and SC are basically one game in two parts - will i get the full experience by playing only those two?

first two games complete one part of the story and TC follows up with another story of one of characters from SC. It's still very much preferable to play FC and SC before TC, but not strictly necessary. But if anything I'd take FC and SC over TC easily, so, go for it.

Tizoc

DOOM 2016 is shaping up to be my #3 GotY.
Even the bullet spongey enemies aren't that irritating on Normal.
Just gotta memorize your surrondings and fire away.

I do think it is odd they give you an assault rifle and then give you a plasma rifle in a later stage.
Then again you can upgrade the assault rifle to just fire mini missiles all day so that's OK.
Dat Super Shotgun doe, can't wait to upgrade it X3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom