• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody...haven't posted anything for the past couple days.

Had the scariest situation I've ever been involved in happen to me Monday afternoon. I was robbed at gunpoint at my house. I'm ok other than being scared to ever answer the door ever again. They stole my iPad but that was a good outcome all things considered.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's Goat Simulator, what did you expect?

I expected nothing, and I was still disappointed.

Had the scariest situation I've ever been involved in happen to me Monday afternoon. I was robbed at gunpoint at my house. I'm ok other than being scared to ever answer the door ever again. They stole my iPad but that'was a good outcome all things considered.

Oh man that's rough, had that happen to me before (a few times actually) and it's not fun. Hopefully everything was reported to the local authorities and taken care of - and hopefully they find the guy who did that and lock him up. And remember, an unopened door is a happy door.

Had the scariest situation I've ever been involved in happen to me Monday afternoon. I was robbed at gunpoint at my house. I'm ok other than being scared to ever answer the door ever again. They stole my iPad but that'was a good outcome all things considered.

That's awful, glad to hear you are well.

Ludens

Banned

Had the scariest situation I've ever been involved in happen to me Monday afternoon. I was robbed at gunpoint at my house. I'm ok other than being scared to ever answer the door ever again. They stole my iPad but that was a good outcome all things considered.

Ew, nice to know you are ok.

This post went from zero to sixty in record time, my gosh. Anyways, I got robbed years ago by some dudes without any weapons and it was terrifying, so I can't even begin to imagine your ordeal.

Stay safe, Nyteshade.

Jawmuncher

Xbox rumors/leaks are interesting. Basically everything going forward should have a PC port. It's probably why Scalebound got delayed in the first place. Well that and they're probably gonna use it to showcase Xbox upgrade specs next year.

Xbox rumors/leaks are interesting. Basically everything going forward should have a PC port. It's probably why Scalebound got delayed in the first place. Well that and they're probably gonna use it to showcase Xbox upgrade specs next year.

I prefered when Microsoft didn't cared about PC gaming. At least, they weren't actively trying to fuck up all the ecosystem in place :")

That's awful.

derExperte

Even I, the biggest Goat Sim fanboy on this forum, am done with the whole thing. Mostly. Until I can get that Payday DLC for -75%. Summer sale?

Didn't they pretty much reboot Scalebound after the tepid response to its gameplay reveal? I figured that was a big reason why it was so delayed.

AHA-Lambda

Jesus Christ man, glad you're ok!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any benefit to opting into the steam beta ? i opted out a long time back and havent seen any difference

You get to try out new features a little sooner. Conversely, though, every now and again there are issues in the beta that are ironed out prior to the stable release. I opt in as problems are rare enough that it's not much of a bother to switch back to the stable client.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd much rather original Xbox emulation on PC.

Gimmie them Sega games Sega won't give me.

Jadax

yhXw9I1.jpg

One Gandhi to rule you all.

Phinor

Windows 10 store is coming for that Gaben money. Valve better get ready to compete.

Your not in Kansas anymore.

Windows 10 store prices are what annoy me the most. 70 euros for a game, not available anywhere else or in any other way, no discounts and all in all vastly inferior product. Windows 10 store is going for someone's money but it's not going to be my money.

Phawx

I'd much rather have up-ports of 360 titles.
Heck, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey might be enough to convince me to give UWP a try, provided they both will run 1080p60 instead on 720p~30.

Considering 360 games run okay on weak AMD cpus (X1), increasing the internal resolution with better PCs seems like an easy win.

I'd much rather original Xbox emulation on PC.

Gimmie them Sega games Sega won't give me.

This would also be nice considering we still don't have a working OG xbox emu.

Windows 10 store prices are what annoy me the most. 70 euros for a game, not available anywhere else or in any other way, no discounts and all in all vastly inferior product. Windows 10 store is going for someone's money but it's not going to be my money.

It's a pain in the ass, but it's very doable to buy from other regions and then switch back to your region. Just last week I bought Ori Definitive Edition for $6 through the Russian Win10 store.

I want to agree, but I don't think it will be quite there until at least the Asimov update. It's got a lot of potential, but it what it really does right now is make me want to play CKII and EUIV instead. And I've only played two hours of the latter.

You've got a point. Between XCOM 2 and Stellaris, this year has been a bit of a waiting game for me. Coincidentally the only two games I've gone for the expensive editions. (If you hear of me buying a collector's edition-kinda thing, maybe wait on the game?)

I'm disappointed, but not upset, with both of them--I've had a ton of fun even at launch. Although it does get annoying when devs lie or withhold info before release--Firaxis and Paradox knew the shortcomings of their games and only admitted it post-launch.

...Anyways, Stardew Valley for goty?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/25/the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-review
Fuck yeah,
Emiel Regis Rohellec Terzieff-Godefroy
appearance confirmed!

Omg that's exciting but omg spoilers :(

The quote claiming it's not a spoiler is suggesting the fact that he's a vampire is a spoiler because he's open about it. The problem is the fact that he's hanging out with Geralt in this game is a spoiler relating to the books, plus spoils the surprise of reuniting with him.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Store page is up for the next episode.

Publishers should really update the Season Pass subs before putting DLC store pages up. People won't be able to download the DLC until it has released and being slow with adding it to the SP subs just makes some wonder if plans have changed. CDPR dropped the ball even further by making Blood & Wine pre-purchaseable, so I've no doubt that at least one person who owns the Season Pass bought the DLC separately.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Windows 10 store is coming for that Gaben money. Valve better get ready to compete.

Your not in Kansas anymore.

I'm honestly excited to see some competition in the PC space. Valve has done a good job of keeping on top of consumer-friendly features, (library sharing, refunds, etc) but that's not to say that they couldn't be pushed into doing better. Especially in areas of customer support and, most excitedly for me, in building a better UI to stay competitive.

Jawmuncher

TMNT is about on par with Korra. Good presentation, but even on normal it's rather bland. You rinse and repeat objectives on levels until you are allowed to fight the boss. The presentation is nice though. I would say it's worth watching the cutscenes at least if you're a ninja turtle fan. Took me about 3 hours to beat on normal.
Might be a tad more fun in coop, which I didn't try.

While you could argue Transformers was worth 50. Doing the same with TMNT is pretty impossible unless you're a die hard turtle fan.

TMNT is about on par with Korra. Good presentation, but even on normal it's rather bland. You rinse and repeat objectives on levels until you are allowed to fight the boss. The presentation is nice though. I would say it's worth watching the cutscenes at least if you're a ninja turtle fan. Took me about 3 hours to beat on normal.
Might be a tad more fun in coop, which I didn't try.

I'm a pretty big TMNT fan so I will pick this up at some point. Who shows up as bosses? Any interesting characters show up? I'd love some Fugitoid and Metalhead action.

Jawmuncher

I'm a pretty big TMNT fan so I will pick this up at some point. Who shows up as bosses? Any interesting characters show up? I'd love some Fugitoid and Metalhead action.

1.Bebop
2.Rocksteady
3.Slash
4.Karai
5.Armaggon
6.Wingnut
7.General Krang
8. Mega Krang
9. Shredder (With transformation to Super Shredder)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom