• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xbox rumors/leaks are interesting. Basically everything going forward should have a PC port. It's probably why Scalebound got delayed in the first place. Well that and they're probably gonna use it to showcase Xbox upgrade specs next year.

If they are all those goofy Universal Apps, they can keep the exclusives.

Phawx

Whoa, that TMNT game is out? ...and it released yesterday?! Wowser. Had no idea.

Ah. Must've been some speculation from somewhere.

Played about a good amount of co-op. My personal opinion is if they loosened the timing on parrying it would be tons better. Especially because enemies have tons of HP. The pacing of the game feels like there is an ellipsis in the combat.

Every game is repetitive the definition of a good game is one where you don't notice the repetition. And with TMNT, the rinse-repeat feeling gets intense.

The online netcode is really good though. So if it goes on sale and you have some buddies, it can be a decent arcade beat'em up.

At $40 though... tough sell.

Edit: If anyone wants to see a session I played last night, it's here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgHLqJvpcsQ

It's 100 minutes long, so I don't anticipate anyone watching 99% of it. The first 3 mins are probably the most informative.

Civ VI - Theodore Roosevelt looks like an old-time Gaben

Absolutely loathe the artstyle. My only guess as to why they went in this direction is they're using the Civ V engine still so they went in a stylised, cartoon-y direction with the art to help differentiate it visually.

yuraya

I'm honestly excited to see some competition in the PC space. Valve has done a good job of keeping on top of consumer-friendly features, (library sharing, refunds, etc) but that's not to say that they couldn't be pushed into doing better. Especially in areas of customer support and, most excitedly for me, in building a better UI to stay competitive.

Its a big win win for pc gamers.

We have..

Valve with thousands of games..

Origin with EA Access along with new Mass Effect and Battlefield coming soon..

Battle.net with Overwatch and new stuff in the future.

GOG with CDPR and Galaxy client...

Epic Games launcher with Paragon and other stuff in the future..

And now Windows 10 store with legit Xbox integration that opens up doors for several MS exclusives to make it on the platform including Gears, Halo, Forza and other stuff like Scalebound probably.

Really exciting times ahead. So many clients in my taskbar :D

AHA-Lambda

Its a big win win for pc gamers.

We have..

Valve with thousands of games..

Origin with EA Access along with new Mass Effect and Battlefield coming soon..

Battle.net with Overwatch and new stuff in the future.

GOG with CDPR and Galaxy client...

Epic Games launcher with Paragon and other stuff in the future..

And now Windows 10 store with legit Xbox integration that opens up doors for several MS exclusives to make it on the platform including Gears, Halo, Forza and other stuff like Scalebound probably.

Really exciting times ahead. So many clients in my taskbar :D

How could you forget UPlay??

Soulflarz

Banned
Hello everybody...haven't posted anything for the past couple days.

Had the scariest situation I've ever been involved in happen to me Monday afternoon. I was robbed at gunpoint at my house. I'm ok other than being scared to ever answer the door ever again. They stole my iPad but that was a good outcome all things considered.

Glad to hear you're okay :3

Grief.exe

Played on PS4 so don't have any comments on the PC port. Though im sure it's on par with Transformers which was fine. Aside from a 1080p lock if I recall.

Transformers actually had a 4K lock.

The game gives you options for 1080p, then no resolution options until 4K

Baby steps.

Knurek

PES 2017 announced.

This time Konami took PC gamers outcry to heart, and 2017 will not use PS3 edition as a base.
It will instead use PS2 edition. #FucKonami

yuraya

How could you forget UPlay??

jmUbIpw.gif

r3n4ud

I didn't follow its progress and maybe it's fun to play but I was not expecting what I saw.
I figured the game was going to be a turd due to the delays. Dunno why they keep delaying the game release..can't polish a turd.

I could be oh so wrong though and the game will turn out awesomesauce.

I figured the game was going to be a turd due to the delays. Dunno why they keep delaying the game release..can't polish a turd.

I could be oh so wrong though and the game will turn out awesomesauce.
Thing I remember was its KS success and nostalgic fans excitement about Inafune.
Agree about looking like a "turd".

Ludens

Banned
With iterative consolle, console gaming is dead.
I mean, seriously, what's the point on buying a console anymore?
Only for exclusives, but doing that would be bloody expensive (I mean, buy a console for a couple of titles, that's it).

Grief.exe

With iterative consolle, console gaming is dead.
I mean, seriously, what's the point on buying a console anymore?
Only for exclusives, but doing that would be bloody expensive (I mean, buy a console for a couple of titles, that's it).

Nothing has changed in that regard.

Let me counter that with this...

kE25vT7.jpg

Civ 6 is probably the closest thing there is left on PC, and gaming in general for me, that could be a killer app and would make me build a new pc to play. I dislike the new artstyle immensely--it looks like a mobile game--so the systems and gameplay improvements better be absolutely amazing.

I think they talked about that it scales better, looks nice at close up and still recognizable when zoomed far out (strategic mode)

I'll believe it when I see a game played on the largest map with the most amount of players and city-states possible in the modern era. That would be nice though.

Ludens

Banned
Nothing has changed in that regard.

Yeah, but at least if you bought a PS3/360/Wii, you were sure to build a decent library of exclusive, since the life cycle was long enough. Now you risk to buy games which will run like crap if you don't own the new model, because of course there will be a target system, and I think it won't be the weakest model, it wouldn't make sense.

Parsnip

Wooo... Account approval. Been lurking here so long, it's a bit scary to actually post.

Any chance of being invited to the Steam group? :)

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Pixieking/

Hello there!

I've been lurking in this thread for some time now, never actually expecting my account to be activated, but it happend somehow, so here i am :)

I'm very grateful to all the people in this thread who post all that timely info on juicy news, price glitches, bundles, free stuff etc. - thanks to you, i now own a ton of games i will never play. And i'm especially grateful to mr. jshackles for providing the means to never actually play those games :p

Anyway, i'm glad to finally be able to post here, although i'm not sure if i can provide any "useful" info besides my personal opinion on the topics at hand.
Hello you two.
Welcome to the best place in neogaf.

Grief.exe

Yeah, but at least if you bought a PS3/360/Wii, you were sure to build a decent library of exclusive, since the life cycle was long enough. Now you risk to buy games which will run like crap if you don't own the new model, because of course there will be a target system, and I think it won't be the weakest model, it wouldn't make sense.

The majority of owners will still be on the older, cheaper models. It would be in developer's best interest to cater to those owners.

You're argument is Sony and Microsoft is forcing you to buy a new console because of some hypothetical performance loss on your old hardware.

It's using a brand new engine.

Has this been confirmed? Or is it just marketing?

Remember, the Creation Engine was initially billed as a brand new engine.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I am kind of digging the gameplay changes to Workers in Civ 6. Making them a limited use thing makes a lot of the issues with moving the Wonders out into the tiles maybe less painful. You won't be displacing a tile improvement every time because you won't have so many unless you are building lots of workers. Seems interesting at least assuming they balance it well.

Still not a huge fan of the art style, the mobile game feel is too strong, but at least when you zoom out it doesn't look as terrible. I don't tend to zoom in much anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom