• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

The majority of owners will still be on the older, cheaper models. It would be in developer's best interest to cater to those owners.

Yea, having a target on the low end and just having better IQ for the newer models isn't a bad situation.

Additionally there are a lot of people that have one console and not the other. So this is a good opportunity for the people who have PS4s and don't like PC gaming to buy an X1.5

Ludens

Banned
The majority of owners will still be on the older, cheaper models. It would be in developer's best interest to cater to those owners.

Yes, but...what's the point on having a powerfull system, than?
If it's optional (and for now, it seems so), why devs should spend money in order to provide a better version of those games for the Neo/Skorpio/whatever?
Otherwise, why spending money in order to optimize the game to run on the weaker system?

Dunno, this thing seems a mess with no sense, for me.

Do you want to launch a new console?
Ok, do it, implement backward compatibility but at least the new device will be powerful enough to offer a totally different (or almost) performance.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sakura Spirit -- MB-333E619F74CA8E27 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Sakura Angels -- MB-D321643FFEA44FF1 - Taken by NingenJanai. 7 entrants total.
Sword of Asumi -- MB-553842FF9638FFD1 - Taken by Large Professor. 2 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon -- MB-7CE642E69AD49065 - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Last Days of Spring Visual Novel -- MB-D19E25A5706073FE - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.

t1464198072z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Go Go Nippon -- MB-C13FCDE5B32ECB7B - Taken by Lashley
Last Days of Spring -- MB-9F2B6B56070AFB00 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Sword of Asumi -- MB-720F268EABED6B2C - Taken by yoshizzle

Phawx

looks nice, but I'm not optimistic about the battery life, it should have a 4000mah at least.

Kinda neat, specially like the plentiful USB ports but they cheaped out on the battery size.
I want the one with 4 GB RAM.

The Z8300 is nice but it's pretty weak. I have too many tablets/media players in my house, I would get it but I'm gonna pass. $110 + shipping (whatever that is) is a really good price for a very versatile device. Being able to use it as a PMP or docked machine is actually really cool.

But I gotta skip. Too many devices in my house that already serve those functions.

Edit: It's also unfortunate it's not Android N, as the multi-window mode in Android N is dope.

You don't.

I'm leaning toward that option since after Indie Gala applies taxes the cost of the bundle will be a bit too high, expecially considering they're games I will never play.

Maybe? You can probably make a good chunk of it back in steam wallet if you idle the cards.

That would be my main reason to buy it, except that with the new regulations about the mobile authenticator selling stuff on the market is a huge hassle.

...yeah, I will probably save my money.

MUnited83

For you.

DLC for Vermintide.

Looking forward to see absolutely no one playing it :(

I'm leaning toward that option since after Indie Gala applies taxes the cost of the bundle will be a bit too high, expecially considering they're games I will never play.

That would be my main reason to buy it, except that with the new regulations about the mobile authenticator selling stuff on the market is a huge hassle.

...yeah, I will probably save my money.
Enter a group buy. The bundle will be less than 2$ for the whole thing.

Arthea

Let me counter that with this...

http://i.imgur.com/kE25vT7.jpg[/img

Civ 6 is probably the closest thing there is left on PC, and gaming in general for me, that [I]could be[/I] a killer app and would make me build a new pc to play. I dislike the new artstyle immensely--it looks like a mobile game--so the systems and gameplay improvements better be absolutely amazing.

I'll believe it when I see a game played on the largest map with the most amount of players and city-states possible in the modern era. That would be nice though.[/QUOTE]

oh wow, that I call dedication! do you play anything else? just curious

as for Civ6 artstyle, if a game is good, we'll get used to it, I've read some of their justification of that look and on some improvements they plan to implement, it sounded not bad at all.

Vamphuntr

Is Quantum Break PC repaired now? I kind of want to try it but not full price for a technical disaster. Was really looking forward to it and was not expecting this kind of technical turd from Remedy.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Sakura Spirit -- MB-78ABE94D02F7A2A1 - Taken by KainXVIII
May God have mercy on your spirit.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-0233996168D09551
No need to book that trip to Japan anymore now.
Cyber City 2157: The Visual Novel -- MB-04BE548D8538C69C - Taken by Zeeman
Last Days of Spring Visual Novel -- MB-B806BC2A5351387F - Taken by Catshade
Sword of Asumi - Deluxe Edition -- MB-657F87C8FBD3D009 - Taken by UnaiGamer
Sakura Angels -- MB-8C388B42F26C109B - Taken by madjoki
Best writing since the Renaissance.

Teggy

Why do Sakura girls have shiny boobs? They should have those looked at. I don't think that's normal.
I'm married, I saw some in real life once.

kagamin

Is the 2015 go go nippon expansion worth it? I've been wanting to run through it but I wanted to wait for a sale on the expansion.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh yeah i'm forgetting tracer, but still the rest is still just skins
yea but actually, $20 for that many skins isn't so bad

individual league skins regularly go for $8 (although there's a lot of sales so it's kind of steam like about it, you don't buy things that aren't on sale unless you're desperate to get them) but they also have like WAY higher quality than overwatch's

like, i wouldn't say don't buy cos the skins look cool and u get stuff for the other games, but i didn't buy it cos i don't play the other games and i only care about tracer's and i'm not gonna pay 20 bucks for a single skin

JustinBB7

20 dollars for skins you don't ever really see yourself and they're not that great. I'd only buy the origin edition if I played heroes of the storm because that's the only real big addition from it honestly.

dickroach

Oddworld sale up now on the daily deal. heads up
Abe's Oddysee and Exoddus: 74¢ each, or $1.24 for both
Much's Oddysee: $1.24
Stranger's Wrath: $2.49
"The Oddbox" (all of the above): $3.24
New n Tasty: $7.99

awesome deals

JustinBB7

Is there an easy way to get steam overlay in overwatch yet? I checked a while back and had to make scripts and shit and I was too lazy. I keep wanting to press shift tab to talk to my friends but can't and it's annoying.

Can you trade in Overwatch?

Maybe in the future, would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom