• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overwatch sitting at a higher meta score than Uncharted 4....

tumblr_nn8wvc7pXf1qf9d6ho1_400.gif
Overwatch vs Uncharted 4 for GOTY is gonna be interesting

yuraya

Looks like the Mass Effect trilogy, Dredmor, Peggle and the Trine games got added to the Origin Access vault as of yesterday.

List of all games in the vault now.

Battlefield 3 SE
Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition
Battlefield Hardline Digital Deluxe Edition
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Dragon Age 2 SE
Dragon Age Inquisition Digital Deluxe Edition
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
FIFA 15 SE
FIFA 16
NFS: Rivals Complete Ed.
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
SimCity SE
The Sims 3 Starter Pack
This War of Mine
Titanfall Deluxe Edition
Torchlight 2
The Banner Saga
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Peggle
Dungeons of Dredmore
Trine
Trine 2
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3

Really great value for a price of a cup of coffee every month.

D3RANG3D

Fixed the links on previous post!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Go Go Nippon -- MB-61639F8768F43140 - Taken by jgalat
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-D410229325175729 - Taken by bluechox2
Hack Slash Loot -- MB-E44E8BE24443ABA5 - Taken by bloke

Arthea

Aha! Well, there appears to be some departure from full visual novel there, with the sprites walking around and changing form: does it have point-and-click elements, or God help us, puzzle platforming?

apparently a game has side-scrolling segments, but what these are exactly I don't know. I don't think it'll be puzzle platforming as such, but who knows. p&c elements aren't mentioned at all, it's a VN with the twist.

edited: could be steam related, YS8 trailer here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93BjWhCdBZc&feature=youtu.be

Knurek

Citra is slowly getting there, lots of games are almost full speed with sound, and that's even despite the emulator not having recompiler for CPU/GPU...

You could safely play something like Virtue's Last Reward as things stand... Maybe even Atlus RPGs...
2017 is shaping up to be a great year for PC gamers. :)

Anybody plays ArcheBlade? It has very positive reviews for the most part.
it looks not bad too
It was a good 3rd person multiplayer brawler. I recall having a lot of fun with it.
The closest comparison is I dunno...Anarchy Reigns? Honestly I thought Archeblade was a little more enjoyable online, especially due to the much better frame-rate and servers that actually functioned.

I did a longer write-up awhile ago, but I don't have it anymore.

Unfortunately, Archeblade has been dead for a couple years now. The developer pulled all official support from the game about a month after it landed on Steam.

There might be an unofficial player-hosted server or two, but good luck with that.

Arthea

It was a good 3rd person multiplayer brawler. I recall having a lot of fun with it.
The closest comparison is I dunno...Anarchy Reigns? Honestly I thought Archeblade was a little more enjoyable online, especially due to the much better frame-rate and servers that actually functioned.

I did a longer write-up awhile ago, but I don't have it anymore.

Unfortunately, Archeblade has been dead for a couple years now. The developer pulled all official support from the game about a month after it landed on Steam.

There might be an unofficial player-hosted server or two, but good luck with that.
oh, that's unfortunate

thanks

Yakkue

This looks so familiar to Prison Architect that I was surprised when I clicked on the developer and only saw this game.
Seems like maybe he stole the assets from Prison Architect... looks too similar.

According to the dev:

I drew some inspiration from PA. Moreso from its own inspiration, Dwarf Fortress.

We don't share any tools. Chris at IV has his own tech foundation; I built this one on Unity.

But they do look somewhat similar; that's my fault. I'm not a good enough artist to come up with a really good original look. There are only so many ways to render characters on a tiny grid without using animations.

I hope the differences between the game will be enough for people to look past the aesthetic similarities. And if I get some funding at some point I can get an artist to help develop a more unique look.

I do think the similarities are skin-deep. In gameplay the game resembles DF much more than PA.

I have talked with Ryan Sumo, the artist on PA, and he's fully supportive of RimWorld. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, after all.

Still working on getting an artist.

Source

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see Valve reverted the Oath of Genesis dev's little meltdown action a few days ago. He pulled the game from the store after people realised it was literally just Grind Zones renamed and proceeded to remove the data depots from all of its subs, not-so-secretly to leave those who bought it with a functionally useless licence.

Arthea

I see Valve reverted the Oath of Genesis dev's little meltdown action a few days ago. He pulled the game from the store after people realised it was literally just Grind Zones renamed and proceeded to remove the data depots from all of its subs, not-so-secretly to leave those who bought it with a functionally useless licence.

I'm more surprised by valve taking any action than by devs behaviour

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm more surprised by valve taking any action than by devs behaviour

Valve's good about not letting publishers invalidate user licences. Quite the exact opposite of, well, everybody else. There are exceptions, though, such as promotional betas and the like.

Monooboe

are you sure?

To be honest, I really would need to keep check on my budget overall, though I would probably just use Excel over buying a budget app.

My first game to pick up during the sale is probably going to be Stellaris, seems I can spend some time with this summer, until Deus Ex comes.

Arthea

Valve's good about not letting publishers invalidate user licences. Quite the exact opposite of, well, everybody else. There are exceptions, though, such as promotional betas and the like.
well, colour me impressed anyway

now if only they could fix that client freezing issue finally, I'd be even more impressed

I would buy YNAB during summer sales if only the new version (v.5) was not subscription-based.
wait a second, it's subscription based?
boo

While playing Saints Row the Third I became curious to see how it was received in GAF, searched for the OT and some things caught my attention like some members asking if the PC version could have controller support or if the game has achievements. It's só strange that features we take as norm nowadays weren't implemente in many old PC ports.

I rarely complain about steam but... fuck steam. I just bought some funds with paypal and I am like 5 cents short of what I want to buy. I have like 20 cards in my inventory, so I go to sell one or two. And what happens?

You've recently funded your Steam Wallet using a new PayPal account or an unverified payment method that has had a recent increase in use. You'll be unable to use the Market for a few days while the funds are verified. More info...
If nothing further occurs to restrict your access, you'll be able to use The Community Market on 5/31/2016, 8:19:32 AM.

I have to wait 5 days or spend more. Fuck it.

This was also after jumping through hoops to even use the paypal account, which got locked after I bought overwatch the other day.

ArjanN

While playing Saints Row the Third I became curious to see how it was received in GAF, searched for the OT and some things caught my attention like some members asking if the PC version could have controller support or if the game has achievements. It's só strange that features we take as norm nowadays weren't implemente in many old PC ports.

While true in general, I wouldn't really call SR The Third an old PC port, both controller support and achievements were already standard when that came out. (and it had them) SR2, now that was a really poor barebones port.

I rarely complain about steam but... fuck steam. I just bought some funds with paypal and I am like 5 cents short of what I want to buy. I have like 20 cards in my inventory, so I go to sell one or two. And what happens?

I have to wait 5 days or spend more. Fuck it.

This was also after jumping through hoops to even use the paypal account, which got locked after I bought overwatch the other day.

Doesn't Steam have an option to make up the difference via PayPal?

Deques

But the game does have controller support and achievements :/

While true in general, I wouldn't really call SR The Third an old PC port, both controller support and achievements were already standard when that came out. (and it had them) SR2, now that was a really poor barebones port.

But the game does have controller support and achievements :/

I know, I mean the people in the OT back in the day were asking if it could have controller support.

I was enjoying Mushroom 11 until I got to the point in Chapter 6 of 7 where you have to ride and steer a rocket horizontally across a purple lake of doom. With the random nature of how the blob respawns I'm liking the game a little less now. An exercise in frustration.

I play games because I find them fun, more people should do that.
Crazy talk. You can't have fun unless it's universally accepted as a good and fun game.
;)
We buy games because we think they might be fun. And we talk about buying or not buying said games. Which is fun. We play games only as a last resort to escape the misery of life.
Why you gotta be like that? Hits home way too close.

RimWorld Trailer #1

RimWorld Trailer #2

RimWorld Trailer #3

The three trailers do have a nice western frontier explorer vibe.

This, Factorio, Dwarf Fortress, NetHack and Prison Architect seem daunting by sheer depth. Oh, Gnomoria as well.

Momentary

Banned
DotEmu... Diabolical. I'm sure that whole Bundle is being reused on Steam. The hilarious thing is... there will be another SNK Bundle in a year with those same games except with STEAM keys.
Probably no STEAM keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom