• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

What mistakes? Everything I said about this game was true.

the designs are ass, the maps are cramped, the movement sucks, there's no teamwork, the characters are lame and everything in this game I already did in TF2

bad game everybody go play CSGO

The CSGO aesthetic does nothing for me. It could be the best playing game in the world and I still wouldn't be interested. Obviously there are lots of folks out there who don't share that opinion, considering how popular CSGO is. But for me personally, the theme and so-called "lame" characters in Overwatch are actually a big draw.

the theme and so-called "lame" characters in Overwatch are actually a big draw.

CSGO would get the same audience too if it had waifus and Dreamworks aesthetics and ultimates with lame ass DBZ yells IT'S HIGH NOON NERF THIS OLD HABITS DIE HARD RYUGA WAGATABLAH BLAH BLAH

but Gaben just wants people who like good games

Finally started Batman: Arkham Knight, the games pretty legit, I'm actually liking the Batmobile tank stuff, which was one of the main complaints some people had.

Grief.exe

The CSGO aesthetic does nothing for me. It could be the best playing game in the world and I still wouldn't be interested. Obviously there are lots of folks out there who don't share that opinion, considering how popular CSGO is. But for me personally, the theme and so-called "lame" characters in Overwatch are actually a big draw.

So you will play a bad game as long as it's visually stimulating?

I'm not implying Overwatch is bad, merely curious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ive always heard the term silent minority (as opposed to vocal majority) and never really got it until recently. Huh.

Overwatch probably hurt many people emotionally due to its blatant stealing of ideas from TF2 and its waifuish aesthetic. Maybe it did even worse things, such as stealing review scores from Uncharted games and such.

I'll tell you what: I don't care about Overwatch. Not one bit, no way, no how. It's a non issue for me.

I could care less about it.

I just wish I didn't have to listen to/see so much about it all the time. Drive me nuts when I see/hear stuff about it. It's like I can't escape it. I hate it so much that I actively wish I didn't exist. Burns me up inside.

batmobile was fine

Essentially

That template for a Batman game has run its course though.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I bet Depp mains Reaper, and the divorce is because Amber kept wanting him to switch to support while she sniped.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Overwatch probably hurt many people emotionally due to its blatant stealing of ideas from TF2 and its waifuish aesthetic. Maybe it did even worse things, such as stealing review scores from Uncharted games and such.

Could just care to talk about other games and not have the Steam thread get boggled down with Waifu talk, when there are 2 dozen Overwatch threads already. It would be the same as discussing League or DOTA in here. But that's just me. I typically come to this thread to talk about games not on the front page. >_>

Anyways, on to Steam. Snow just got put up on... First review, "Go to top of mountain, get speed, crash, watching flailing"

I'm fucking sold and giving it a try now.

Grief.exe

Fuck yes, Rimworld coming to Steam soon.

This is like Prison Architect/Dwarf Fortress/Factorio extraplanetary survival.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/294100/

https://ludeon.com/blog/2016/05/steam-release-this-summer-with-scenario-system/

header.jpg

This is strange

Will I get a Steam key?
– It depends when you bought the game. If you bought the game on or before November 4, 2014 you will get a key when the game is released on Steam. If you bought the game after that, we will try to get you a Steam key but Valve’s policies prevent us from being able to guarantee this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'll tell you what: I don't care about Overwatch. Not one bit, no way, no how. It's a non issue for me.

I could care less about it.

I just wish I didn't have to listen to/see so much about it all the time. Drive me nuts when I see/hear stuff about it. It's like I can't escape it. I hate it so much that I actively wish I didn't exist. Burns me up inside.

So you do care about it :)

Otherwise you would do like me with Rocket League for example, where I genuinely dont care about it. I dont care to shit on it (why would I do that anyway, just to ruin other people's enjoyment?) And I dont care that people talk about it (or in that game's case, push it on people lol).

KingKong

Could just care to talk about other games and not have the Steam thread get boggled down with Waifu talk, when there are 2 dozen Overwatch threads already. It would be the same as discussing League or DOTA in here. But that's just me. I typically come to this thread to talk about games not on the front page. >_>

Anyways, on to Steam. Snow just got put up on... First review, "Go to top of mountain, get speed, crash, watching flailing"

Dota, being the most popular game on Steam, definitely belongs in the Steam thread.

Now.... my waifu is Kunkka the Admiral

Or we could go back to how Overwatch is an inferior game to CS:GO and TF2 and sheeples should wake up.

Rhaknar

The funny thing is, most of the people I know from this thread that actually play Overwatch (Bernardo, me, Atraveller, Hektor...Sky posts about it the most but hardly to the extent I hear about) barely talk about it, I would love to know where this overwhelming barrage of Overwatch talk is coming from. Must be when Im sleeping or something.

When Dark Souls 3 came out, I got the crazy idea to go back to the first one, given that I bought it at launch, got to Quelaag and promptly dropped it (probably for Battlefield 3).
So, about 80 hours later and I'm finally done! On to DS2!

Rhaknar

When Dark Souls 3 came out, I got the crazy idea to go back to the first one, given that I bought it at launch, got to Quelaag and promptly dropped it (probably for Battlefield 3).
So, about 80 hours later and I'm finally done! On to DS2!

So? Thoughts?

Teeth

Saying you won't play a good game that you don't like the visuals of doesn't imply that you will play a bad game that you do like the visuals of.

It means that you will only play good games that you like the visuals of.

Considering the general bar of game visuals these days, you're more likely to find a good game has good visuals than not.

So? Thoughts?
1. The port is a fucking mess, at least on my end. Numerous times the game would boot up and run at 10-12 fps without anything having been changed. Had to redownload and install twice. My D-pad down(item select) went out every other play session which sucked. I wont even get to the online connectivity problems.
2. Other than that I had mostly a good time. A few bosses here and there gave me problems (I spent a good 4-5 hours on O&S), but I only ended up summoning for help on Artorias. I had no real qualms about wiki-ing certain things I wasn't quite clear about (upgrade stuff mostly). The atmosphere and level/creature design remains top notch. My only other gripes were QoL stuff like not being able to pop a humanity while sitting at a bonfire.

zkylon

zkylewd
What mistakes? Everything I said about this game was true.

the designs are ass, the maps are cramped, the movement sucks, there's no teamwork, the characters are lame and everything in this game I already did in TF2

bad game everybody go play CSGO

oh i see

the idea is to bait me into fighting u

well, think what you will, sucks i had to get out of bed for that but now i know

It is very much an issue. But it depends on your level of skill. For a casual game it is perfectly sufficient, but once it becomes competitive this sort of thing feels sloppy.

As noted you can actually get shot through a wall, because lag compensation on the shooter shows you as visible, so it registers as a valid shot. While you the unlagged, actually moved behind the wall, but you didn't see the other player shoot before you moved.

On the flipside, increasing the tickrate hurts the laggier players more because the update interval becomes a smaller ratio vis-a-vis the lag times.
they might increase it, who knows

problem is like always ppl grab some detail and push their fanboy agendas through it like it's some apocalyptic thing

The funny thing is, most of the people I know from this thread that actually play Overwatch (Bernardo, me, Atraveller, Hektor...Sky posts about it the most but hardly to the extent I hear about) barely talk about it, I would love to know where this overwhelming barrage of Overwatch talk is coming from. Must be when Im sleeping or something.
negative bias is a strong thing i guess

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I understand that everyone here is excited for Overwatch and this typically being a "PC Gaming General" thread I've tolerated a lot of the off-topic Overwatch talk that's been going on here. This sort of thing tends to happen in this thread when a relatively popular PC game launches outside of the Steam ecosystem, like Dragon Age Inquisition did, like Titanfall did, like Diablo 3 did, etc. The hype typically dies down after a few days and everyone goes back to talking about the latest Sakura game, Salsa's latest 100MB Rocket League gifs, or what games we're looking forward to seeing released on Steam.

I would like to once again gently remind people that NeoGAF has a large and thriving Overwatch fanbase that have been discussing the game over in the Gaming Side OT. I would ask that you take your Overwatch talk over there out of respect for the others in this thread that aren't playing the game or don't plan on playing the game because it's not on Steam.

As mods we try to stay pretty lenient towards what happens in this thread (as long as someone doesn't egregiously break the site rules) so this isn't a warning so much as a request.

zkylon

zkylewd

there's many reasons to play a game, sometimes u don't care if the gameplay isn't great since the story/setting is interesting enough (deadly premonition), sometimes you only play because of the visuals (that garbage alice game), sometimes you play a game just cos it's weird (cargo the quest for gravity) and sometimes you don't care about anything other than core gameplay (mount & blade)

it's complicated

I understand that everyone here is excited for Overwatch and this typically being a "PC Gaming General" thread I've tolerated a lot of the off-topic Overwatch talk that's been going on here. This sort of thing tends to happen in this thread when a relatively popular PC game launches outside of the Steam ecosystem, like Dragon Age Inquisition did, like Titanfall did, like Diablo 3 did, etc. The hype typically dies down after a few days and everyone goes back to talking about the latest Sakura game, Salsa's latest 100MB Rocket League gifs, or what games we're looking forward to seeing released on Steam.

I would like to once again gently remind people that NeoGAF has a large and thriving Overwatch fanbase that have been discussing the game over in the Gaming Side OT. I would ask that you take your Overwatch talk over there out of respect for the others in this thread that aren't playing the game or don't plan on playing the game because it's not on Steam.

As mods we try to stay pretty lenient towards what happens in this thread (as long as someone doesn't egregiously break the site rules) so this isn't a warning so much as a request.
But Overwatch sucks!

Lomax

I play games because I find them fun, more people should do that.

We buy games because we think they might be fun. And we talk about buying or not buying said games. Which is fun. We play games only as a last resort to escape the misery of life.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm gonna try to actually finish Rage, I think. I messed around with it a bit and the guns are still amazing. The car combat stuff is kinda decent as well. It's really the pacing that messes this game up. Cut out all the downtime and develop the car combat a bit more, and it could've been something special.

Just remember to use the BFG when you find it as there's no final boss.

Does it only apply for non-Steam games? How about discussing the currently hot Steam games?

Anyway, I missed Salsa's Rocket League gifs somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom