• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd sell my soul for a donut.

183265.gif

There's Single Player in The Division™?

Essentially, yes. You can play 90% of The Division as well as beat the story solo. It's still online only though.

Anyway, heard good things about the new update so far, might get back to the game soon. Too bad I've uninstalled the game. Maybe later, way later after Blood & Wine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There's Single Player in The Division™?

In a sense. You can set your group to private and completely avoid the Dark Zone to focus on primary and secondary missions... and collecting things. While the story is virtually non-existent, the final mission of the game does end with something resembling a boss fight.

Khronico

Did they fix the Single Player?

They added more reasons to do stuff other than just the DZ. Now you can take contracts out for enemy bosses around the regular map and kill them for loot that's not total garbage (I soloed a contract yesterday that gave me an HE weapon and a set piece).

They also edited the loot tables to be more generous with useful loot so you don't end up with a million useless gear mods.

Mifec

Friendos can anyone tell me if the steam version of Fable 3 is still region locked for countries that didn't support GFWL?

JaseC

Friendos can anyone tell me if the steam version of Fable 3 is still region locked for countries that didn't support GFWL?

The game itself isn't region-locked. It just wasn't sold in territories that GFWL doesn't support. I doubt GFWL even has region-lock measures outside of certain countries being ineligible when signing up for an account.

yuraya

In a sense. You can set your group to private and completely avoid the Dark Zone to focus on primary and secondary missions... and collecting things. While the story is virtually non-existent, the final mission of the game does end with something resembling a boss fight.

Such a wasted opportunity on Ubi's behalf. I just don't understand how a dev could craft such large and beautiful looking open world without putting any significant singleplayer content in it. That is the type of game that needed a long story and many boss fights.

Hopefully they learn from their mistakes with The Division 2 and include all that stuff in it along with the multiplayer. If there ever is a Division 2.

Such a wasted opportunity on Ubi's behalf. I just don't understand how a dev could craft such large and beautiful looking open world without putting any significant singleplayer content in it. That is the type of game that needed a long story and many boss fights.

Hopefully they learn from their mistakes with The Division 2 and include all that stuff in it along with the multiplayer. If there ever is a Division 2.

If Ubisoft is known for anything it's learning from their mistakes!

Mifec

The game itself isn't region-locked. It just wasn't sold in territories that GFWL doesn't support.

Good, didn't wanna risk it because ages ago when a friend gifted me Arkham City which wasn't available in Croatia my account got locked for a few days until he was refunded and complained. So didn't wanna screw myself over.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Okay, that makes sense. I tried playing it a bit at launch and without partying up I was consistently getting my ass handed to me - to the point that I got too frustrated with the game and quit. I thought that was just the game's way of telling me "it's totally possible to grind levels/loot/whatever solo so that you can continue being anti-social, but it's going to take a really long time and not be fun because this isn't really a single-player game."

rtcn63

Okay, that makes sense. I tried playing it a bit at launch and without partying up I was consistently getting my ass handed to me - to the point that I got too frustrated with the game and quit. I thought that was just the game's way of telling me "it's totally possible to grind levels/loot/whatever solo so that you can continue being anti-social, but it's going to take a really long time and not be fun because this isn't really a single-player game."

The normal difficulty becomes unchallenging quickly, whereas the hard really requires a party. Even then, when you can solo the mission, it's not very fun. The loot is bleh because practically all weapons of each type play the same- this isn't Borderlands.

bigzgod

Solo play is actually not that bad. The scaling for solo is actually pretty fair, imo. The only parts I can think of where it's pretty tough to do solo are the incursions (Falcon Lost and Clear Skies) along with the High Risk contracts. Even challenge mode missions are possible to do solo, just not worth the time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm getting the distinct feeling that I'm just terrible at The Division

JaseC

The normal difficulty becomes unchallenging quickly, whereas the hard really requires a party. Even then, when you can solo the mission, it's not very fun. The loot is bleh because practically all weapons of each type play the same- this isn't Borderlands.

Yeah, hard being as, well, hard as it is, is probably the biggest indicator that accommodations weren't made for "solo" play until very late into development.

I'm getting the distinct feeling that I'm just terrible at The Division

git gud

But yeah. I played most of the missions just teaming up with randos. Other time was spent solo running around the map killing things. I found the matchmaking to work out pretty well most of the time and didn't really have to wait long before jumping into a group.

That loading though. Jesus.

New sherlock game has the store page now. Releases on 11th June.
This is the one from the ex-Ubisoft devs, right? I like the art style.

The description leaves me wondering though - what kind of game is it? A fighting game? Some kind of MMO?

Indeed it is! Not sure myself what it i will be about.

rtcn63

Analog mechanical keyboard:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wooting/the-analog-mechanical-keyboard-for-precise-movemen

Gonna have to see what kind of support this gets before buying

Be careful when clicking on that link. Something happened (likely related to flash/script) that caused my CPU/GPU to go apeshit. I had to restart FF, otherwise opening a video file or even starting task manager would case my computer to stall for seconds at a time. Never had that happen before. Seems okay now though.

bjaelke

While the story is virtually non-existent

There's plenty of story/lore in The Division. Problem is that it's hidden in collectibles (intel).

Their Q&A team on the other hand, that's virtually non-existent. For every bug they fix they seem to add two new ones.

JarrodL

All these new steam pages of upcoming games...

See, now my steam wishlist is over 100 titles again, and it's all your fault guys.

JaseC

There's plenty of story/lore in The Division. Problem is that it's hidden in collectibles (intel).

I picked up all of the collectables, of course, but I wouldn't say there's a lot to the story. The missions are threaded together by a piece of string that is almost completely lacking in narrative beats and the glimpses into the city's descent into chaos coalesce into a cursory glance at best, primarily because most of them are just variants of "Oh no! A looter!". You do learn quite a bit about the virus itself, though, I suppose.

Tom Clancy's open world shooter also has a store page now.

I wish it weren't exclusively four-player. Even when playing alone, you have to babysit three bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom