• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

I wish it weren't exclusively four-player. Even when playing alone, you have to babysit three bots.

There, There

giphy.gif

Tizoc

I picked up all of the collectables, of course, but I wouldn't say there's a lot to the story. The missions are threaded together by a piece of string that is almost completely lacking in narrative beats and the glimpses into the city's descent into chaos coalesce into a cursory glance at best, primarily because most of them are just variants of "Oh no! A looter!". You do learn quite a bit about the virus itself, though, I suppose.

I wish it weren't exclusively four-player. Even when playing alone, you have to babysit three bots.

Funnily enough in the new TMNT game, the AI bots babysit you :V

shockdude

Analog mechanical keyboard:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wooting/the-analog-mechanical-keyboard-for-precise-movemen

Gonna have to see what kind of support this gets before buying
This looks intriguing. Sounds Steam controller-esque in its flexibility, with the benefit of not being tied to Steam and properly supporting DInput.
Driving with a keyboard could actually be useful. Also flight sims and space sims, whoo.

That being said, the analog range seems poor imo. 2mm of deadzone out of 4mm sounds annoyingly large. Hopefully they improve that in the future.

Why is that guy dressed like the scout from TF2

Because he's scouting.
6HDtQfw.png

I picked up all of the collectables, of course, but I wouldn't say there's a lot to the story. The missions are threaded together by a piece of string that is almost completely lacking in narrative beats and the glimpses into the city's descent into chaos coalesce into a cursory glance at best, primarily because most of them are just variants of "Oh no! A looter!". You do learn quite a bit about the virus itself, though, I suppose.

In before "of course you did" at the bolded... I think you have a pretty fair assessment of the game's story going here. The glimpses leaned too often on just moment of distress. There's not a whole lot gleaned from them other than that the chaotic world you are in was chaotic after the outbreak, too.

yuraya

So Total War: Warhammer peaked out at 111k concurrent a few days ago. Currently at 88k...

giphy.gif

Very impressive stuff. I didn't think it would go that high. Congrats to SEGA and Creative Assembly.

Can anyone explain to me what some publishers are thinking? I saw the MGS franchise sale on Steam and it seems the DLCs have a regional chinese pricing (so someone must have set it to that), but the games arent available at all. Like I can buy the DLC, but not the main game.

Tagyhag

Anyone excited for CMT SPV3 for Halo?

It's coming out in a month! I remember first playing their Truth and Reconciliation demo and imagining an entire upgraded campaign.

The day mods die is the day PC gaming dies. (Not really but man I love mods)

Edit: It's a shame I have to find my disk drive to install the game, would love a digital copy.

FloatOn

Honestly, I used to really like this game, but that was when it still had pickaxes? Some update kinda made pickaxes useless and you did everything by the matter manipulator but I never really figured out how to use it and it always took really long to destroy stuff. Copper was suddenly really hard to find too.

I haven't played since it first came out

but if IIRC there were upgrades you can make to the manipulator to make it go faster.

I'm just so excited that it's finally coming out of early access. reading the link they have added so much content to the game it's insane.

derExperte

Play Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide for FREE starting now through Sunday at 1PM Pacific Time. You can also pickup Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide at 40% off the regular price!*

If you already have Steam installed, click here to install or play Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide. If you don't have Steam, you can download it here.

*Offer ends Monday at 10AM Pacific Time

http://store.steampowered.com/news/22056/

Monooboe

Hmh yeah, I might pause on the hype for the game, since I rarely actually play with other people these days.XD I don't think my old playstyle from old Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon games works, where I just told the bots to wait at the start of the mission and I would just have them as extra lives.

House of the Dying Sun (formerly known as Enemy Starfighter)

While it's not a bad name, it seems like a bit of strange choice. "Enemy Starfighter" was very obviously a name for a game involving space or Starfighters specifically, but this new name doesn't really suggest anything about what it's about.

Tellaerin

While it's not a bad name, it seems like a bit of strange choice. "Enemy Starfighter" was very obviously a name for a game involving space or Starfighters specifically, but this new name doesn't really suggest anything about what it's about.

Storywise, the title suggests some kind of Dune-style dynastic action to me. It doesn't put the genre of the game up in your face like "Enemy Starfighter" does, true. On the other hand, the new title piqued my interest enough that I wanted to know more about the game, which I think means it's working as intended.

Hmmm. I think I prefer "Battlebomb".

Phawx

Yo guys, METAGAL is legit. It's a very good MegaMan Clone with a few twists.

Main blaster energy is tied with all other abilities, but it recharges. So imagine the same enemies in Megaman that turtle under a protective cover for a period of time and tie that together with the recharge mechanic. Spamming the fire button isn't a solution anymore and it makes it that you have to be aware of the rhythm of the game.

It has a lot of the same enemy types that Megaman but they are tweaked a bit differently here and there. Some have slightly different timings, some don't move as fast.

If you've played other Megaman games before you are aware of the difficulty. It may be a tiny bit more difficult than NES Megaman games but it's real good.

I put up a video but it's still processing.

GaussTek

Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice (Book II) is out:

Join Ogden and the heroes of Westeria in this classic JRPG epic, Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice. Travel through the frozen wastelands of Tundaria, experiencing action-packed battles without random encounters, using spatially aware Area-of-Effect attacks and power moves. Travel by pirate ship, defending against enemies in thrilling ship-to-ship rock monster combat! Defeat oncoming hordes of demons and huge bosses that threaten the entire world of Dragon Fantasy!

rahji

I don't know why but I started Viking: Battle for Asgaard. Grabbed it for free during some promo and it got rather bad reviews. But I already played 4 hours of it and I don't think it is too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom