• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet it's on sale......33% off at $40.19.
Nah i'll keep waiting.

f3aaf0355f6170570d818jnrle.jpg

*That you have already been waiting to reach that price for months

That picture should be re-named SteamGAF.jpeg

Lomax

I don't know why but I started Viking: Battle for Asgaard. Grabbed it for free during some promo and it got rather bad reviews. But I already played 4 hours of it and I don't think it is too bad.

I played it all the way through the first act even doing all the achievements and rather enjoyed it (though it is actually a really bad port, I had to do weird things like fix controller configurations every single time I played), but then I just put it down and never went back.

Benedict

Might be of interest for somebody.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Dyscourse -- MB-43BC960A6F70C977 - Taken by fifasnipe2224

Tellaerin

So you will play a bad game as long as it's visually stimulating?

I'm not implying Overwatch is bad, merely curious.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner, Grief.

No, what I was saying is that I'm not usually interested in games that don't interest me thematically, regardless of how well they may play. If I don't care for the look/sound/theme/characters/etc., my desire to engage with the game takes a nosedive.

The reverse applies to some extent as well, but there's only so far that presentation can carry things - if a game is mechanically broken or just not fun to play, I'm not going to bother sticking with it, no matter how much I love the style and presentation. But done right, those elements can elevate a mechanically average game to a higher level of enjoyment for me.

Would probably have to change it to $5 then.

"Never buy a computer game for less than 75% off." >.>

KingKong

never forget

Battleborn is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Battleborn Heroes!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dragon Quest Heroes any good?

It's on sale

I absolutely loved Dragon Quest Heroes. Very charming game, and very nostalgic for fans of the franchise. It's a solid blend of Musou and ActionRPG. I even put together the OT when it came out on PS4 last year. Very highly recommended.

Benedict

As I understand it, this game requires a VR-headset.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Amigdala -- MB-73EE8015CE3D1AA9 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.

t1464291055z1.png

bloke

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

A.I. Invasion -- MB-6B4F9BF12E6A0965 - Taken by Saty
A.I. Space Corps -- MB-47253F9825DEDE4C - Taken by Diedac
Wooden Floor -- MB-85DA9021B8AE3767 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
Angvik -- MB-5D0C5E27B9BF19DE - Taken by voodooray
Wooden Floor 2 - Resurrection -- MB-FB42E99E0F0D9C4C - Taken by madjoki

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Go Go Nippon -- MB-61639F8768F43140 - Taken by jgalat
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-D410229325175729 - Taken by bluechox2
Hack Slash Loot -- MB-E44E8BE24443ABA5 - Taken by bloke

:3

zkylon

zkylewd
just tried donating some money to the person that made the witcha 3 no spiders mod (unfortunately they didn't have their account properly set up for donations)

i think i'm gonna hunt them all down and donate some money to them

feels like if i complain about valve selling mods and i suggest for a donate button instead then i should actually donate

i'm thinking how much is enough, i was thinking donating around $20~?

like enough for a cool game like hyper light drifter off sale

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Guns of Icarus Online Soundtrack -- MB-816B63914D511229 - Taken by Eila
Guns of Icarus Online Costume Pack -- MB-718585CCB440F2C5 - Taken by rainking187

:3

Tellaerin

I never heard someone say Omnibus in english is all

I usually hear it in the context of books, where a publisher will issue an "omnibus edition" - a collection of two or more novels released in a single volume. (Those collected runs of comics released in graphic novel format would qualify too.)

Edit:

It's also used to describe a collection of several literary works under one cover.

^ Yeah, what he said. : )

PaulSane

NIS game.

Looks kinda interesting, to the wishlist it goes. At this rate, i'm going to buy all of NIS games released on Steam...

5 days until shinovi versus on steam

get-your-shine-on-o.gif

PLEASE WORK GOOD ON MY LAPTOP, PLEASE.

I've already gathered all the gems i could, i wonder if this will also be a worthwhile investment as Hyperdevotion Noire turned out to be - that game more than doubled my investment in gems :)

Also, that MGS5 -30% "deal" is pretty funny to me - several days ago, when it's price dropped globally, it was 419rub, but soon after it increased to 599rub, and now it's 419 again with the discount :) (I'm talking about steam prices for Russian region, i don't know if this was the case for other regions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom