• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

The GTX1080 FE is over a thousand dollars in Chile and fuck that.

It's weird, funny and sad that the cards are cheapest in US of all places but I guess that's true with most products really. For Nvidia it's easy to introduce the cards with US prices to get the best possible press when in reality no one outside of one country has prices that good.

Also prices seem highest in countries with worst income. For what it's worth, those cards seem to be around 850 euros here so that's $950. "Only" $250 more than MSRP but this is Europe so probably their second biggest market.

MUnited83

For you.
Looks kinda interesting, to the wishlist it goes. At this rate, i'm going to buy all of NIS games released on Steam...

I've already gathered all the gems i could, i wonder if this will also be a worthwhile investment as Hyperdevotion Noire turned out to be - that game more than doubled my investment in gems :)

Also, that MGS5 -30% "deal" is pretty funny to me - several days ago, when it's price dropped globally, it was 419rub, but soon after it increased to 599rub, and now it's 419 again with the discount :) (I'm talking about steam prices for Russian region, i don't know if this was the case for other regions)

I'd say that it will be a even better investment easily :D

MadGear

I watched the Quick Look on the TMNT game earlier. Oh boy, that was easily the least exciting Quick Look I have ever seen, Jason didn't even try to fake interest in this game. Really disappointing, but at least that is one less game on my wishlist.

Maybe I'll scratch one more off my wishlist by finally buying MGSV. Is there any value in playing Ground Zeroes first/at all?

I watched the Quick Look on the TMNT game earlier. Oh boy, that was easily the least exciting Quick Look I have ever seen, Jason didn't even try to fake interest in this game. Really disappointing, but at least that is one less game on my wishlist.

Maybe I'll scratch one more off my wishlist by finally buying MGSV. Is there any value in playing Ground Zeroes first/at all?

Well, there isn't a better mission in TPP.

5 days until shinovi versus on steam

PLEASE WORK GOOD ON MY LAPTOP, PLEASE.

And I just received my copy of Estival Versus today. This is basically the story of my Vita; I buy something and it shows up on Steam soon after. So if you guys want any other games on Steam from the Vita library, just let me know :\

Sweet it's on sale......33% off at $40.19.
Nah i'll keep waiting.

I hear the game is pretty good. It's kind of strange how stingy Square Enix are being with discounts on this one. Usually their titles reach fire sale status a few months after release.

never forget

Battleborn is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre-blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Battleborn Heroes!

I hope Randy is enjoying his hobby grade sales for the game. It just popped up back into the top 100 with 2500 odd players. But yeah, the game is done. How long will the community stay in denial though?

Oh, thanks for the reminder. TMNT gone, and Technomancer added.

Asgaro

Sweet it's on sale......33% off at $40.19.
Nah i'll keep waiting.

f3aaf0355f6170570d818jnrle.jpg

*That you have already been waiting to reach that price for months

yOGEwgV.png

Don't you have a phone or something you are getting drunk tonight on to post about?

As in a space sim I guess. Ones like the ones you described.

I think it was Rebel Galaxy I was thinking of.

In the long run Star Citizen really seems like it will be one of the better choices, but it needs a lot of work before it gets to that point.

Jawmuncher

And I just received my copy of Estival Versus today. This is basically the story of my Vita; I buy something and it shows up on Steam soon after. So if you guys want any other games on Steam from the Vita library, just let me know :

I hear the game is pretty good. It's kind of strange how stingy Square Enix are being with discounts on this one. Usually their titles reach fire sale status a few months after release.

I hope Randy is enjoying his hobby grade sales for the game. It just popped up back into the top 100 with 2500 odd players. But yeah, the game is done. How long will the community stay in denial though?

It's weird, when it comes to their Japanese games square is stingy with discounts. When it comes to their Western titles though, they go all out with sales. Dunno why, guess they figure the more niche crowd of Japanese fans will always pay more.

Lomax

Based on that site and the cutoff of 36 dollars and 27 cents, I haven't paid that much for any single game since the last WoW expansion I bought in December 2010. And I've gone from a couple dozen games on Steam (I joined January 2010) to over 1750.

Edit: In fact in that time I've only spent over the $20 cutoff three times (Borderlands GotY for $25, Borderlands 2 pre-order for $36, and Mortal Kombat pre-order for $22.50).

shockdude

A bunch of my friends kept bugging me about Rocket League, so I caved and got the Humble Monthly. The other 8 games had better be good.

Nzyme32

I saw this ad pop up, read "METAL GEAR FRANCHISE" and freaked out, as if they were bringing the collection to PC. Then I read the sales text.

Literally thought the same thing just scrolling down this page. No doubt will still have the same problem when I actually see the message in the client, and every other time there is such a franchise sale..... but one day, maybe... one day...

Those Deus Ex trailers man. They're like shortmovies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW1V1HQ5PDE

Yeah. The acting is a bit poop but it's still great. Need to get a proper graphics card and I'll be set. Mafia 3 is something I'm also cautiously excited for

BHK3

Banned
Sorry, that was some bad reading on my part.

Is it online games that feel choppy? It might "just" be latency.

If it was an online Source engine game, I could tell you that capping the framerate is a real bad idea since it dramatically affects hit detection. But I doubt Siege works the same though, since I seem to remember the beta having a vsync option.

Are you using the bench mark to test it? Does the bench feel similarly choppy? Is it constant, or does it happen when there's a lot of action and particles? Does it feel the same full screen, windowed, and borderless windowed?

It's constant, action or none. It feels best at Full screen, for some reason borderless window and windowed feel the worst, the frametime numbers dont really make any sense to me though. Problem is, at full screen there's a ton of screen tearing(literally any game thats full screen for me tears like crazy), but I feel stutter at borderless and windowed(even windowed thats made borderless with borderless gaming). Vsync at fullscreen drops the game to 30fps a lot if it isnt hovering at 45fps or something weird like that. But the framerate drops are...smooth?

I've never had borderless ever give me any issues, this a first. I'm using the first tutorial mission as a benchmark. I really thought I would ditch these types of problems with my amd 7870 when I upgraded but It's still here...

Xanathus

Been playing Just Cause 3 and it's pretty fun if you like mindless progression bar filling and collectible hunting, similar to Assassin Creed games. It doesn't sound like it would be enjoyable but I can just turn off my brain and go to each zone/challenge one by one and time just flies by. One rather annoying thing is that traversal mechanics are locked behind challenges which is kinda annoying because some of them feel like stuff that should be available early on like being able to close your wingsuit immediately while flying. Without an unlockable upgrade, you have to go from wingsuit mode into parachute mode into normal mode.

I was feeling frisky and wanted to buy something but the Store page went down. I shall take it as a sign.

The second part of the FFX/X2 giveaway answer is hair. It should have been beard though. I blame all the Overwatch pics.

274 drops remaining

Drakhyrr

For people who like to play or own cheap and bad games, the horrible DRM for Two Worlds: Epic Edition on Steam has been replaced by a much lighter one with optional activation. Forum announcement.

I'm not sure if the same has happened for Two Worlds 2, or if they will wait for the linux port, but anyway, these games are very cheap right now, so there's your chance.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

MUnited83

For you.
SEGA can barely bring a Yakuza game by themselves without having Sony chiming in for localization, so I wouldn't expect them being smart for once now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom