• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Wants to play PSO2, but also doesn't want to play PSO2 at the same time... MRGRGR:

I haven't played PSO2 since the beta. My ID's probably dead now.

Wish Sega would just officially release the damn game in US/EU, but I also know there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening at this point. :s

Knurek

Probably confusing it with the Disney Avalanche (Avalanche Software) which recently shut down. The Just Cause 2/Mad Max people are still in business.

What I meant was that JC2 and Mad Max were done by Avalanche Sweden, while JC3 was done by Avalanche New York.
I read somewhere that there was some serious downsizing going on in the Sweden branch. Might have confused this with Disney's Avalanche, true.

kagamin

I haven't played PSO2 since the beta. My ID's probably dead now.

Wish Sega would just officially release the damn game in US/EU, but I also know there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening at this point. :s

Mostly its because I don't know if I want to bother because I'm so unfamiliar with a lot of the new content.

zkylon

zkylewd
i know the overwatch talk is frowned upon but a person called zykion joined my game and it really freaked me out cos they followed me around and like it kept messing with my head

it was kind of horrifying, i hate when ppl have like enough of my name that you can like confuse it

just so i talk something steam i would play a bit more gta 5 but it takes like two weeks for the damn thing to load

actually it's not really steam related since i didn't buy it on steam

oh well

Pixieking

Banned
uploading screenshots is totally fucked right now, yea?

Are you in the Beta? The last update for the Beta client a couple of days ago added "Initial support for viewing stereo screenshots in VR", which quite possibly broke Screenshot Uploads for a few people.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

BBB is kind of a joke. I say that from experience from dealing with them.

A choice, negative review:

I have a Steam issues. It's very dispute. There is some stupid moderators who were acting as corruption. They are disrespectful to their customers including banning peoples and blocking peoples for no reasons. Especially corrupt moderator name is ******. I will boycott Valve if they trying to ban me for no reasons. Also planning to sue Valve for stupid reasons. If I got permanently banned by Valve, I will sue for refund. If not, I will boycott Valve. Remember when Valve got boycotted since Left 4 Dead 2 game? **** ****** apologies to customers. Also **** ****** apologies to customer for banning controversial game called Hatred. Same goes to EA did such as Origin. Also what the about Half-Life 3? Is it in development? I would like to know. Also some bots and hackers were invading on Steam as DDoS attacks. Remember Valve, try to respect your customers and fans. Keep the Steam be better. I sent the ticket on Valve's Steam Support website about issue and dispute. Fix this disputes and issues.

BBB is kind of a joke. I say that from experience from dealing with them.

A choice, negative review:

But they deserve an F anyway, their customer support is abysmal and the crap that happened last winter sale with the cache on their servers and how long it took them to react is unnacceptable for such a big company.

Humanic

Neo Member
is it safe to assume that Metal Gear Rising and Ground Zeroes won't get any lower during the Summer Sale? I've been waiting for Rising for a while and it's still at $7.50.

Xanathus

apparently Just Cause 3 is just straight up broken and has been since release?

amazing

what the fuck? JC2 and Mad Max run amazingly

there goes some money I guess

It works fine for me at 60 FPS running on an SSD with just a Radeon 7950. The only annoyance I notice are slightly long load times during mission loading screens and cutscenes.

edit: LOL just as I posted this the game crashes, but this is the very first time it's done it in hours

Arthea

Installed Heavenstrike Rivals
went through loading and setup process, played tutorial, quickly uninstalled.
The hell SE? Not even basic options? anything at all?
even if it's a f2p game, you still at least have to pretend you did something to adopt it for PC.

edited: two new store pages

http://store.steampowered.com/app/391550/

Space is easy... Prepare for Earth. Beyond Flesh and Blood is the harsh shooter designed to push your skills to the limit.
EA game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/458470/

a new Grim Legends game

Arthea

I have played 4 or 5 hidden object games by Artifex Mundi and started one that I stopped playing because it was just same game with different story. Do people really like their games at all? They are all same to me

I am worse than Hitler? :(

I can't say for other people, I like those games but I never ever play them one after another.
And "all the same" basically is true for anything, I mean any group of games in the same subgenre. I like that they are puzzley and not heavy on hidden object parts.

if you have to ask it, you are

Salsa

I am worse than Hitler? :(

CreepyImmaculateBigmouthbass.gif

this could be us but you playin

derExperte

Who makes the better cooler, EVGA or MSI? Trying to decide who to go with when the 1070 drops.

Asus Strix

wait for reviews

don't ever listen to insane EVGA fanboys saying buy EVGA despite reviews, they're the SonyGAF of graphics cards

I have played 4 or 5 hidden object games by Artifex Mundi and started one that I stopped playing because it was just same game with different story. Do people really like their games at all? They are all same to me

I do, sure they all feel samey but the quality varies greatly and Grim Legends is imo one of their best series, it's less hidden-object-y and closer to normal adventures.

I really regret my career choice.
I've always enjoyed translating stuff and have a natural inclination towards languages, why didn't I go with that?
Working on videogames would've been cool too of course but that was always going to be difficult.
Speaking of games, I'm probably going to wait more than I thought before I pick up Dark Souls 3, I still haven't finished Bloodborne and I'm really starting to feel burned out on the formula. The game is amazing, I like the core gameplay even more than Souls, but the limited options in character builds/customization and even in environments when compared to Souls kinda make the repetitive nature of killing enemy after enemy come to the surface more. But yeah, now that I'm done with UC4 I'm gonna concentrate on finishing this and then probably wait a year before picking up DS3, maybe a sale on the complete edition they'll probably release when all dlc is out.
Would be awesome to have BB on PC, the game has some serious framerate issues, I wonder if they'll patch it for the Neo, probably wont bother.

Corpekata

Banned
MSi typically has better coolers, but has pretty shit customer service, which is where EVGA tends to excel (mainly because they're in the US).

Vuze

MSi typically has better coolers, but has pretty shit customer service, which is where EVGA tends to excel (mainly because they're in the US).
Yup. My 970 from them failed (more specifically the fans) and it took them 4 weeks ugh.
I'll definitely give EVGA or Asus my money this time around, currently rooting for a EVGA FTW but I'll have to wait on reports for cooling performance. Also passive cooling during idle is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom