• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Spent $110ish on Comic Books.
I regret nothing.
I did need to finish up my Gotham Central+Morrison Batman collection anyways.
Also dat Superior Foes of Spiderman Hardcover~

I bought EVGA for the warranty, and I don't like Taiwanese companies scamming their countrymen, 980Ti still cost 800 fucking USD or more today.

L.O.R.D

come to think of it, it's weird that senran kagura on Saudi arabia steam,but not available in saudi arabia PSN,i hope i don't jinxed it.

Uzzy

HotS isn't build around hard counters like Dota 2 and Overwatch are. Team comp and matchups are extremely important in these games but slightly less so in LoL and HotS specifically because they charge for heroes.

Overwatch goes F2P, puts all of Bastion's counters behind a paywall.

Balthuk

CreepyImmaculateBigmouthbass.gif

this could be us but you playin

Oh shit whaa? Teach me master

ArjanN

It works fine for me at 60 FPS running on an SSD with just a Radeon 7950. The only annoyance I notice are slightly long load times during mission loading screens and cutscenes.

edit: LOL just as I posted this the game crashes, but this is the very first time it's done it in hours

It's really demanding, but otherwise the PC version is not that bad, I'm not all that surprised it runs really bad on consoles with how fast you can move around a huge world and all the physics going on.

Tizoc

talk about a godawful terrible idea

Wait I keep forgetting Overwatch is First Person Shooter @_@

With less incentive to buy skins, yeah it wouldn't work the way I thought it would

But gimme an F2P ver. cuz I ain't droppin' $60 for an online multiplayer shooter.

With less incentive to buy skins, yeah it wouldn't work the way I thought it would

But gimme an F2P ver. cuz I ain't droppin' $60 for an online multiplayer shooter.

It's $40. Really no reason to drop $60 on it, even if you play Blizzards other games.

MUnited83

For you.

Good thing it's 40$ then :p

It didn't break LoL
Game isn't LoL or a Moba. Paywalled heroes in this game just wouldn't work. Like, at all. It would completely break the game to its core.

Leezard

It didn't break LoL

HotS isn't build around hard counters like Dota 2 and Overwatch are. Team comp and matchups are extremely important in these games but slightly less so in LoL and HotS specifically because they charge for heroes.

The issue is mainly with hard counters. More soft counters rather than hard counters would mean that the game design could allow for it, but as is the current business model makes a lot of sense for Overwatch.

It didn't break LoL

Completely subjective opinion incoming:

I hate the system that HotS and LoL use because it means that the game relies on more soft counters than hard counters so team matchups aren't nearly as interesting as they are in Dota or Overwatch. Dota and OW have characters that will literally shut down another character and IMO the characters are able to be a lot more unique whereas LoL and HotS characters all mostly just fit into specific archetypes so those archetypes don't play that much differently from each other. Just my opinion, I am sorry!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Path of Exile Iron Brand Helmet -- MB-435ACEAA4C549A5C - Taken by fifasnipe2224

I believe Overwatch will become f2p at some point.

Maybe they'll release a free version alongside with the retail one, with all the f2p gimmicks. So people who love Overwatch the way it is now can still enjoy it, and people who can't afford it can also enjoy the f2p version. And that version will be making much more money for the upcoming years. Blizzard will never let all that potential money slip by.

Wok

Some people.

Better take out the cosmetics and sell a 40$ season pass instead. Everybody wins.

Wow. I must be getting old, because this kind of micro-transaction is totally bugging me off, yet it seems most of the reactions in the linked thread consider that OP is nitpicky.

After being a Dota2 whale, I am at the point that the latest disgusting micro-transactions in Dota2 are a turn-off and I am not getting the compendium this year.

Ludens

Banned
Umh, four days until the end of May, where is the SFV content update?
Also IO just updated Hitman, I wonder what they broke this time.

Tellaerin

Wow. I must be getting old, because this kind of micro-transaction is totally bugging me off, yet it seems most of the reactions in the linked thread consider that OP is nitpicky.

After being a Dota2 whale, I am at the point that the latest disgusting micro-transactions in Dota2 are a turn-off and I am not getting the compendium this year.

From what OP was saying, it's not even a real money microtransaction he's raging about. He's just burnt at having to earn access to more voice lines for each character by playing and unlocking them rather than having all of them available from the jump, and said that "no one would be shocked" if they added the option to purchase those voice clips via microtransactions.

As someone who enjoys unlocking things by playing and has often lamented how RMTs have largely killed that practice, I'm fine with Blizzard doing things this way. *shrug*

Umh, four days until the end of May, where is the SFV content update?
Also IO just updated Hitman, I wonder what they broke this time.

I believe they are announcing it at Combo Breaker this weekend and presumably releasing it on Tuesday. A bit ridiculously late announcement but hey ho.

Ludens

Banned
I believe they are announcing it at Combo Breaker this weekend and presumably releasing it on Tuesday. A bit ridiculously late announcement but hey ho.

At least next month there will be my favourite content, story mode.
Anyway I did King's Quest Episode 3, it's basically a remake of King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne and I loved it.
I like the way The Odd Gentleman handled the
"powering-up" of Graham, even if in my opinion it wasn't really needed. I wonder why they opted to make him similar to the old, classic version, maybe it will be uncovered in following episodes.

The gameplay was good, even if the
pick-up your princess thing leads to pretty much nothing, since you always need to do each section for each princess, only changing some dialogue lines you need to select in order to marry your favourite princess.

A bit short, maybe even shorter than episode 2 (like, I have 10.2 hours on the game, while I spend around 6 hours on episode 1 only, and 4.2 hours to do 2 and 3), but it's not a bad thing, better skip filler and repetitive stuff, and episode 1 was plenty.

Now I don't know what to play, I have those games installed:

-Dreamfall Chapters (waiting forEpisode 5)
-King's Quest (waiting for episode 4)
-Hitman (waiting for episode 3 plus a miracle to fix bugs I still have, with a proper optimization)
-Witcher 3 (waiting for the next expansion, I will play it next week for sure)
-Legend of Grimrock 2 (I have this installed since 1 year, I liked the first one a LOT, but it's a so demanding game I do not have the strenght right now to start it)
-Evoland 2 (started it, reached the "3D era", and abandoned it because more interesting games were coming out, I'm liking it but I'm not in the mood for another rpg right now)
-Pillars of Eternity (waiting for a 75% off on the season pass, so I'll keep waiting I guess)
-Elliot Quest (need to find a way to add proper pad support, just booted it, saw the controller wouldn't work, never booted it again)
-Street Fighter V (waiting for the new content update and story mode)
-Outcast 1.1 (dunno, didn't try it yet EDIT: I saw the remake is coming, I'll probably wait for that).
-Pathologic (I have the original version but the game was bloody hard, I really want to give it a try again soon or later, hoping the new version is easier)
-Lego Batman 3 (did first two levels, I was falling asleep).

Jawmuncher

is it safe to assume that Metal Gear Rising and Ground Zeroes won't get any lower during the Summer Sale? I've been waiting for Rising for a while and it's still at $7.50.

If you're gonna go ahead and play it now 7.50 is a fair price for MGR. could potentially be cheaper during the summer. But it's worth that price now easily.

Zenge is a beautiful block shifting puzzle/jigsaw game. In each of the 70 or so levels you move the blocks around into the right position to unlock the next story scene. The artwork here is absolutely stunning and is matched to an equally outstanding soundtrack.

Every 10ish levels the game introduces a new mechanic, you can flip blocks, rotate blocks, teleport them and eventually use them to trip switches that open new paths. The game doesn't outstay it's welcome at under 2 hours and while not particularity complex, it's more about the story, it is unmissable as an experience.

r3n4ud

Zenge is a beautiful block shifting puzzle/jigsaw game. In each of the 70 or so levels you move the blocks around into the right position to unlock the next story scene. The artwork here is absolutely stunning and is matched to an equally outstanding soundtrack.

Every 10ish levels the game introduces a new mechanic, you can flip blocks, rotate blocks, teleport them and eventually use them to trip switches that open new paths. The game doesn't outstay it's welcome at under 2 hours and while not particularity complex, it's more about the story, it is unmissable as an experience.
Thanks for this, looks great. Awesome price as well.

voodooray

Thanks for this, looks great. Awesome price as well.

Note, this was included in the groupees Brain Buster bundle too, and has a steam key.

Anno

Man, a subset of the people on GAF sure have...strong feelings towards Overwatch apparently being fun and a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom