• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

So I booted up Skyrim for the first time ever. The very first thing that happens is I'm riding in the back of a wagon and the horses are running upside down and on the walls. Then I get to a gate and it never opens.

Never change, Bethesda, never change.

I was able to fix it by capping the frame rate

mp1990

Banned
I was going to ask for some 3D platformers recommendations on Steam, as I've just finished Super Mario Sunshine and still am on the genre high (even though it is basically dead outside Nintendo hardware), but Overwatch now runs on my pc so I'm gonna do that for the next 3 weeks or so

kthxbye

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
just saw the discount on MGS V. according to steamdb, lowest its ever been.

should i bother holding out for a possibility of a 50% summer sale for it or is 30% off the most to expect? i suppose it would only be another 8 bucks or something for 50% off...

Salsa

look at what I just got tho

z2yYTxt.gif

who needs sales

Salsa

that gif got me thinking

Steam could really use an "unlock" type animation for when you buy shit or get gifts

people love that in card games and Dota and all

just make it an option

Lomax

As successful as the 970 was, it really seems like NVidia learned nothing from it. Can't really complain much though, makes me feel better about my 970 purchase.

Box Boy is one the best games Nintendo and HAL have developed and released in quite a long time.

I should also get that RoboKirby games. It's been a while since I played a Kirby game.

As successful as the 970 was, it really seems like NVidia learned nothing from it. Can't really complain much though, makes me feel better about my 970 purchase.
If Polaris only plays catch-up with Pascal in 2017, expect nVidia to continue its early adopter tax practice.

Knurek

If Polaris only plays catch-up with Pascal in 2017, expect nVidia to continue its early adopter tax practice.

In A.D. 2101 war was beginning.
Captain: What happen?
Mechanic: Sir, NVIDIA just released their 1800 series. MSRP for entry level, barely better than onboard GPU 1830 is $899, with Founders Edition going for $1199. Prices for better cards are significantly higher.
Captain: Take off every 'ZIG'!! For great justice.

Tellaerin

In A.D. 2101 war was beginning.
Captain: What happen?
Mechanic: Sir, NVIDIA just released their 1800 series. MSRP for entry level, barely better than onboard GPU 1830 is $899, with Founders Edition going for $1199. Prices for better cards are significantly higher.
Captain: Take off every 'ZIG'!! For great justice.

bomba9qlh0.png

Salsa

launched Just Cause 3

appears damn right unplayable

heard it has harsh memory leak issues? can't install on the SSD right now, mh.

Salsa

apparently Just Cause 3 is just straight up broken and has been since release?

amazing

what the fuck? JC2 and Mad Max run amazingly

there goes some money I guess

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Has anyone beat Firewatch and done the thing that you could do that costs $15 in real-world money after you beat the game? If so, was it worth it? I've already done it so no going back now, but I at least hope it's worth it.

Knurek

amazing

IIRC JC2 and Mad Max were made by the same studio, which has since been closed.
JC3 was done by a separate studio, which is still in business.
World is unjust.

Nabs

amazing

I've regretted this purchase ever since pressing the buy button. Why did I even redeem it?

Ludens

Banned
Has anyone beat Firewatch and done the thing that you could do that costs $15 in real-world money after you beat the game? If so, was it worth it? I've already done it so no going back now, but I at least hope it's worth it.

What is this thing? Can you spoil it?

Sounds good, MSI probably sticking with Frozr?
My EVGA 980Ti with ACX2.0 cooler is less overclock-able than Asus, MSI and Gigabyte, with Gigabyte's G1 version at the top of the air-cooled 980Tis, but it has the benefit of being one of the smallest 980Tis on the market, suitable for smaller builds. Let's see how ACX 3.0 fares.

Lain

Okay, that makes sense. I tried playing it a bit at launch and without partying up I was consistently getting my ass handed to me - to the point that I got too frustrated with the game and quit. I thought that was just the game's way of telling me "it's totally possible to grind levels/loot/whatever solo so that you can continue being anti-social, but it's going to take a really long time and not be fun because this isn't really a single-player game."

I never got that feeling from the game. It felt pretty easy solo to me. The only time I ever got frustrated was when I set mission difficulty to Hard. All the enemies being elite and matching my own level, they did kick my ass. But sticking to normal difficulty it's been a pretty easy ride.

My EVGA 980Ti with ACX2.0 cooler is less overclock-able than Asus, MSI and Gigabyte, with Gigabyte's G1 version at the top of the air-cooled 980Tis, but it has the benefit of being one of the smallest 980Tis on the market, suitable for smaller builds. Let's see how ACX 3.0 fares.
Alright, won't be rushing into one anyway most likely.

My 770 is MSI and it runs pretty nicely so let's see if they'll do better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom