• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

It's a shame GOG locks its content behind an account wall.

Pirates continue to get the better experience, being able to download their games without needing a special account.
You're saying that as if it's a terrible thing to do.

I used to pirate everything up until I graduated, not only because I didn't want to pay $50 for games, but also because if I actually paid for games my friends would beat the shit out of me. Infact, some of my best memories of coop with friends were on games we pirated (F22 raptor, battlegrounds, dota 1, sc1 etc.)

I've only started paying for games once I got Steam (and the urge to 'spruce' up my game-list).

Edit: Forgot to add NF2SE to that list...we used to play that on floppy disks.

abracadaver

What's the name of that multiplayer horror game that released yesterday or the day before?

I can't seem to find it. It was a 1 vs 3 multiplayer game from a well know developer

Roarer

I used to pirate everything up until I graduated, not only because I didn't want to pay $50 for games, but also because if I actually paid for games my friends would beat the shit out of me.

Uh, you should consider getting some new friends.

I know what you mean though. Back in high school, everyone I knew pirated their (PC) games and I was usually labeled "an idiot" for wanting to pay for stuff (mostly owning to my console background). On the other hand, most people had grown up with C64s and Amigas where piracy was super trivial and the thought of paying for a game seemed absolutely ridiculous.

Anteater

all these definitive/redux editions... the upgrades are pretty cheap but somehow I can't help but feeling like a sucker if I buy them since I haven't even played the originals

Salsa

oh yeah film school buds used to tease me for buying games rather than just pirating everything

I think they all just play LoL now

coincidence?

impact

Banned
oh yeah film school buds used to tease me for buying games rather than just pirating everything

I think they all just play LoL now

coincidence?

just reinforces what I've always believed

Never trust someone that plays League of Legends or watches anime

just reinforces what I've always believed

Never trust someone that plays League of Legends or watches anime
tumblr_msf7yvAWFt1ruthgoo9_500.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
I always knew zkylon was a dirty pirate.
hey now

i'm a very clean person

about that lol

DLfIC94.png

Infuriating
it's the worst -__-

Feeling kinda down.

Can someone recommend me games that are cheerful and will make me feel better?
It would be nice if it's something I already own too :p

Thanks

i see you haven't played vvvvvv yet, that game's cheerful and awesome

maybe fez or recettear or chantelise?

also u didn't play new vegas? shame

zkylon

zkylewd
too bad that hard reset didn't end up being anything more than a corridor shooter with circle strafing

idk if the world back then was ready for full-on old school level design in an fps like new doom but i would've loved seeing it

also i just don't like shooting robots in videogames as much as i do shooting fleshy stuff

Don't know about that but will be eventually in a SE humble bundle
That UK Amazon 1,5 buck price mistake though.
Feeling kinda down.

Can someone recommend me games that are cheerful and will make me feel better?
It would be nice if it's something I already own too :p

Thanks
Bothers me that I have no good recommendation for you. Get well soon bud.
Wonder if there will be an achievement for setting foot on every possible planet.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1224300

I really wonder what could help the sales...
Sure PC would bring some sales but I think it's more about widening the audience rather than bringing it to more platforms but the same kind of audience.
Anyone excited for CMT SPV3 for Halo?

It's coming out in a month! I remember first playing their Truth and Reconciliation demo and imagining an entire upgraded campaign.

The day mods die is the day PC gaming dies. (Not really but man I love mods)

Edit: It's a shame I have to find my disk drive to install the game, would love a digital copy.
That looks nice. Will make the wait for the inevitable feel shorter.
Looks interesting and colorful. Reminds of another 2D game in some parts, the paper-y like walls for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom