• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Prospect-Boost-1650x880.jpg

BEAUT

Ruruja

I'm tempted to get Hard Reset Redux, I already have an ongoing save with the original game though. Is there a way to continue your save?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The loyalty sale is a smart move. Existing owners would wait for a sale anyway since it is effectively DLC to them, so you may as well get it out of the way. With that in view $3 is a good number since $5 is more like the amount you pay for a completely new game on sale, so many would likely have passed it up for such. Then all these people either playing it again or people who just had it in their backlog actually playing it now is better advertising than anything else you'd do with this sort of thing. I imagine this is either just a passion project or an effort to get it rolling for a sequel/franchising now that they have grown from Shadow Warrior success, and this is the best way to handle it.

Smart guys, these Flying Wild Hogs.

Balthuk

Also

Fun for Shadow Warrior Fans too!: All owners of Flying Wild Hog’s epic rebirth of Shadow Warrior (2013) will also receive this discount, and everything above applies to them as well.

Yay might pick it up, haven't played the original.

given that we live in a country where only the biggest blockbusters really get a proper release and blurays get retail taxes to almost videogame levels

wasnt much of a problem

I see, thanks, I'm always curious to see how people who work on(or study on) stuff available digitally feel about piracy

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The Hard Reset Redux discount thing for original owners is such a nice gesture. Only €3 for a completely revamped version is nuts

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone recommend any good strategy game to pick up on steam.

Teggy

Well I finished up Far Harbor. I put 17 hours in and that was completely ignoring settlement stuff. I think I left at least a couple of places unexplored but I think I did just about all of the quests. It's certainly more Fallout 4, so I think that will determine if you want to play it or not. There is one part that strays a bit from the formula and it might have overstayed its welcome, although I believe that only a small part of it is mandatory. The story is pretty intriguing and it appears it can end in vastly different ways depending on your decisions. From a loot perspective there are quite a lot of legendary weapons and armor to pick up.

Dice

Yeah, Armored Princess has more going for it and Warriors of the North was pretty bland.

You can play Disgaea if you want to end your life as you know it.

F1 2016 announced, first screens
---

Agony is alive, new intro video
Announced as Sacred Agony, the survival horror game from Tomasz Dutkiewicz and newly formed studio Madmind is still alive (the Kickstarter campaign failed last year) and is now expecting to release in 2017 for PC and consoles. In this UE4-powered game, players control a tormented soul exploring the hostile environment of hell with various abilities such as possessing simple minded demons.
---
news_gameplay_trailer_of_space_run_galaxy-17884.jpg

Gameplay Trailer of Space Run Galaxy
---
news_kof_xiv_team_fatal_fury_trailer-17881.jpg

KOF XIV: Team Fatal Fury Trailer
---
news__late_tekken_7_gouki_trailer-17882.jpg

(Late) Tekken 7: Gouki Trailer
Old trailer but it's now available in higher quality. Game looks nice and Tekken with its crazy roster is always good to watch it as a "movie" on Youtube.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dude, no.
Armored Princess if anything.
Best of the bunch.
Yeah, Armored Princess has more going for it and Warriors of the North was pretty bland.

You can play Disgaea if you want to end your life as you know it.
i didn't like armored princess as much as the legend but it's fine too

reason is armored princess is more standard fantasy stuff while in the legend you can like get married with a zombie and turn your wives into frogs and stuff

it's a bit more whimsical and funnier imo

but yeah both are recommended and can be bought for pennies

dex3108

new Mirror's Edge around the corner and I cant help but think the hype difference if it was releasing on Steam

I would be there day 1 for ME Catalyst if i bought new GPU before release. But i will buy it no matter what. I don't care what scores will it get :D

Dude, no.
Armored Princess if anything.
Best of the bunch.

Crossworlds is the best, bar none. It's the standalone expansion to Armored Princess. essentialy KB 3. Great game--really weird.

Unfortunately I've never heard a single good thing about any KB game released after it.

Edit: For strategy games, look no further than Age of Wonders 3. It is GOAT, though you just missed a sale on it a week or so ago. If 4X isn't your thing, FTL is very good, too.

Dice

I guess we are presuming a certain kind of strategy. You could also do like Total War, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, Jagged Alliance, Homeworld, Desperados, Age of Wonders, Sins of a Solar Empire, Ghost Master, Prison Architect, Door Kickers, Dungeons, Galactic Civilizations, Long Live the Queen, Cubesis, Patrician, etc.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
What sort of strategy game do you want? Real time, turn based, grand strategy, one with lots of micromanagement?

Prefer real time not turn based. Not to much micromanage but enough to keep you involved. I quite enjoyed supreme commander and battle for middle earth and company of heroes

Dice

Prefer real time not turn based. Not to much micromanage but enough to keep you involved. I quite enjoyed supreme commander and battle for middle earth and company of heroes
Dawn of War games are great if you like Company of Heroes. Homeworld is a classic everyone should play.

There is also the unique Carrier Command for more hands-on that has mixed opinions. Although that much hands-on may be a bit too much, and Valkyria Chronicles would be good if going that far.

yuraya

Poor Ninja Turtles. A shitty movie reboot on the big screen wasn't enough. Now sitting at 45 metacritic with the new game. The ip is getting dragged through the dirt. Someone put em out of their misery.

Jawmuncher

Poor Ninja Turtles. A shitty movie reboot on the big screen wasn't enough. Now sitting at 45 metacritic with the new game. The ip is getting dragged through the dirt. Someone put em out of their misery.
The sequel movie is apparently not too bad. Ups the goofiness the first lacked.

Saty

Superdata's Worldwide digital games market: April 2016

https://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/
Dark Souls III beats expectations in PC DLC segment, taking first place in April grossing ranks. Bandai Namco’s newest title earned an estimated $45 million in the first month of its release, outperforming console revenue by nearly $18 million. This is the first Dark Souls title to perform better on PC than console, demonstrating that both Bandai Namco and From Software put the lessons learned from Dark Souls I and II to good use. This time around, a PC-optimized version was prepared in advance for the game’s dual-platform release, providing PC users with improved controls and graphics from the get-go. The title’s PC success makes up for its failure to earn a top-ten grossing rank on Digital Console.

Again, Superdata. Again, digital vs digital only.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I completed valk chronicles on playstation so im good there :D

The Nick series and the IDW comics are top turtles material though.

mp1990

Banned
Really wish I could go back in time and force my past self that completely dismissed Rocket League to give it at least a chance (I didn't even bothered redeeming it back when it was free on PS+). This game is so much fuuuuuuuuuuun. Though I have no idea how can it be an esports game, considering how chaotic it is :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocket League -- MB-09B954D477FE76C6 - Taken by derExperte. 23 entrants total.

t1464395210z1.png

dot

Really wish I could go back in time and force my past self that completely dismissed Rocket League to give it at least a chance (I didn't even bothered redeeming it back when it was free on PS+). This game is so much fuuuuuuuuuuun. Though I have no idea how can it be an esports game, considering how chaotic it is :p

Well we did play 4v4 and that's pretty chaotic. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom