• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

Dang... most of the time Vermintide runs at like 70-100fps but then it can drop all the way down to the high 30s, its wildly inconsistent on High, and really wasn't too much better on Medium.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of yaron777, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (yaron777, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rocket League -- MB-D9CD2279B0CA1742 - Taken by hohoXD123. 21 entrants total.

t1464429606z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Bully is the only Rockstar game i've ever liked

honestly, it's less about the game and more about the insanely long loading screen before the game

also i've liked many rockstar games, even tho i think writing in most of them is complete garbage (and they all have so much fucking writing and it's always unskippable)

but i've liked all the 3d gtas i've played, i liked the warriors and i liked the non-mexico rdr parts

i haven't played enough bully to judge, but i've heard good things

Tizoc

Huh
So THAT'S where that last DOOM '16 Stage 1 secret was.
Nice one too.

Also I feel silly for not realizing the Super Shotgun doesn't require Mods to be upgraded :V

derExperte

Do you think it's better to have played the pre-sequel before playing tales?

It's best to not have played any Borderlands so you don't go into it hating, well, Borderlands. In theory you'll lose the 'oh it's that guy' moments and won't have any idea about the Handsome Jack situation but in practice that barely matters, it's not like the characters have deep backgrounds and some of the cameos are the worst part of the game even if you know them. Though I can think of one scene that might have more impact if you've played the older games. And I just realized you only talked about the PreSequel which i have not touched myself so, uh, don't mind me and go play Tales now.

My girlfriend's response to getting Overwatch. "Yay, I get to be an ape and smash you".

It's a game that brings people together.

If your girlfriend wants the game so much, then make her join the stream and help the channel grow?

KenOD here supplying his whole family with OW codes. Meanwhile I'm sitting here freaking broke and depressed watching a long 12 hour stream and hoping for an OW code like an idiot, not knowing/predicting repeat winners like KenOD destroying my chances.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-BF73FD8B4EE3B74B - Taken by voodooray

derExperte

Borderlands 2 is top 5 all time FPS tho.

This is where in the past I'd post something and people would say 'derExperte is mean'. But I'm a better man now so I'll just sit here, crying silently.
Admittedly the Tiny Tina DLC was legit good.

If your girlfriend wants the game so much, then make her join the stream and help the channel grow?

KenOD here supplying his whole family with OW codes. Meanwhile I'm sitting here freaking broke and depressed watching a long 12 hour stream and hoping for an OW code like an idiot, not knowing/predicting repeat winners like KenOD destroying my chances.

They're revamping the whole system and moving to that AwTV site, you then won't be able to get into raffles on Twitch and it'll include more checks and balances to weed out fake accounts. Maybe it'll actually work and maybe it'll also avoid situations like this which it should because everything that causes salt is just bad PR objectively speaking. Of course they could've already implemented a rule disallowing multiple wins per stream but that would probably have led to even more alts.

yuraya

Never understood any of the hate Borderlands 2 gets. The first one was very bad and in many ways unplayable sure..but 2 was great. Near masterpiece in terms of grindy fun and funny story telling. Haven't played presequel yet but I hear its more of the same as 2 so it can't be that bad.

I'm actually kind of happy gearbox is going through this mess with battlebornbomba. I hope it fuels and enrages them to knock it out of the park with the eventual Borderlands 3. That game will probably be epic.

Red Hood

Banned
Never understood any of the hate Borderlands 2 gets. The first one was very bad and in many ways unplayable sure..but 2 was great. Near masterpiece in terms of grindy fun and funny story telling goes. Haven't played presequel yet but I hear its more of the same as 2 so it can't be that bad.

I'm actually kind of happy gearbox is going through this mess with battlebornbomba. I hope it fuels and enrages them to knock it out of the park with the eventual Borderlands 3. That game will probably be epic.

TIL Borderlands 2 got hate

Never understood any of the hate Borderlands 2 gets. The first one was very bad and in many ways unplayable sure..but 2 was great. Near masterpiece in terms of grindy fun and funny story telling. Haven't played presequel yet but I hear its more of the same as 2 so it can't be that bad.

To me it has something to do with their ridiculous DLC practices. First of all you buy a full-priced AAA game and they lock cosmetic items behind a paywall. Then their seasonpass doesnt even have all the content.
Then you need to pay so that you can get to 5 new levels...

The game isnt bad. 2Ks DLC practices are. Its not just Borderlands. Evolve had the same shit going on.

Uzzy

The style of humour and the reliance on internet memes was really off putting.

Kiru

Same. I stayed up until 5 AM something here and I had to wake up 4 hours later. I'm not mad at KenOD though, he seems like a nice guy and at least isn't some alt or total stranger.

Jadax

What I don't like about bnet is that NA and EU are different - pissed me off a lot since my D3 account was on EU, but my hearthstone account was on NA - kept having to switch accounts whenever I wanted to speak to friends.

There should be one friend-list. Get your shit together Blizz.

Kiru

What I don't like about bnet is that NA and EU are different - pissed me off a lot since my D3 account was on EU, but my hearthstone account was on NA - kept having to switch accounts whenever I wanted to speak to friends.

True dat. :/

Regarding that, i saw a version of Overwatch called "EU edition" on Amazon UK that's more expensive than the normal version. I'm not sure what the difference is, can anyone explain what it means?

The Warcraft movie is indeed pretty bad. They made several changes to the plot & twists, combined with bad pacing. Well, maybe not pretty bad, just bad. At least there's some good fanservice there. Sigh.

Remember the times when Blizzard thought it would be good to regionlock custom maps?
"Good times"...

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Go Go Nippon -- MB-61639F8768F43140 - Taken by jgalat
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-D410229325175729 - Taken by bluechox2
Hack Slash Loot -- MB-E44E8BE24443ABA5 - Taken by bloke

:3

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Vector Assault -- MB-09152FBDF6CE39C6 - Taken by jgalat

Sakura Spirit -- MB-B6DB800CB1D715C5 - Taken by madjoki
Sim Junta -- MB-65CF8C1D5CDFA8F7 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-9416BB5CBCCA0255 - Taken by Kudo
Crash Landing -- MB-86203B1C77DF0442 - Taken by septicore
Soccertron -- MB-97FD14A11B224582 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Adam's Venture Chronicles -- MB-1EB9663ED6E3DE1F - Taken by Ludens
Sunny Hillride -- MB-5401BC908D36CC2D - Taken by dave is ok
Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting - Enhanced Edition -- MB-F4A3A6080CF17F98 - Taken by Saty
Last Days of Spring Visual Novel -- MB-D594394226C48BC2 - Taken by ExoSoul
Sakura Beach 2 -- MB-D5AB3D7A81DBB2CC - Taken by bobnowhere
Rush for Gold: Alaska -- MB-D7AF8325323BFD56 - Taken by SSPssp
Awake -- MB-C82A02F4873DCDDA - Taken by Eila
Aozora Meikyuu -- MB-25332926F113E9FA - Taken by rainking187
Stalingrad -- MB-0203F691F1561852 - Taken by Kuroyume
Sakura Angels -- MB-72FDD06F865041B6 - Taken by fuzzy123
The Last NightMary - A Lenda do Cabeca de Cuia -- MB-EBC2773FF745878D - Taken by Catshade
Tic-Toc Tower -- MB-13DA439AAFC2A3E3 - Taken by Kifimbo
Doctor Watson: Treasure Island -- MB-A4C26052DEEBD902 - Taken by Benedict
Insane -- MB-DB5683F7ED029460 - Taken by Loptous
Store Manager: Cellular Edition -- MB-0BEBAD051F87651E - Taken by gaiadyne
Way of Gold and Steel -- MB-E3A846A01A2F813D - Taken by Jalal
Sakura Beach -- MB-3DC22894B39C6722 - Taken by Anteater
Enki -- MB-0AFA87E5F8E20E84 - Taken by redlacs
Waste Walkers -- MB-8618E7A33A3820D3 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Sword of Asumi: Deluxe Edition -- MB-E7DC0B6DC8A19AD9 - Taken by longlivegaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom