• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

So I'm playing through Batman Arkham City GOTY and there's this really annoying bug that is discussed here, and someone linked a .rar with fixed files, but the link has expired. I know it's really small, but any chance that someone is aware of another way to fix it?

F5E645922C1DB08572C2D4350DEA6537FFF20120

Red Hood

Banned
What's the point of getting double items in Rocket League? You can't trade them or whatever, it's only annoying if you want to get rid of the orange-ish notifications.

the Victor Vran key that's in that promo comes with the Wanderer Outfit DLC that was for Early Access buyers...unless they ended up giving that to everyone down the line (no idea)

kevin1025

Banned
Went through my Humble keys, here are the repeats I had!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kevin1025, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-CC9ECF0120C3CAAA - Taken by animlboogy. 1 entrants total.
Overlord -- MB-C550F25616BC8D8B - Taken by Foolia. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
GRID 2 -- MB-3240E882A5F33436 - Taken by Red Hood. 2 entrants total.
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut -- MB-690FE38C5CAF7985 - Taken by fspm. 2 entrants total.
GRID -- MB-B7850B464429D38F - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.
Overlord 2 -- MB-A21B409DA9A24BFD - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-5B273CF3FEC2A859 - Taken by Regginator. 3 entrants total.

t1464458107z1.png

Pigs

Steam system information shows my video card as Intel HD Graphics 4600. I have a 980 and drivers are installed and up to date. I don't have any problems running games or anything, but I do have a major screen tearing effect when browsing Steam. I was wondering if this could be the reason. Is there any way to force Steam to detect and use the 980? Should I disable Intel graphics in the BIOS or whatever they call it now? Anyone else have this problem?

rtcn63

Steam system information shows my video card as Intel HD Graphics 4600. I have a 980 and drivers are installed and up to date. I don't have any problems running games or anything, but I do have a major screen tearing effect when browsing Steam. I was wondering if this could be the reason. Is there any way to force Steam to detect and use the 980? Should I disable Intel graphics in the BIOS or whatever they call it now? Anyone else have this problem?

Have you tried going into the Nvidia control panel and selecting the GPU as your preferred graphics processor? I think it's under "manage 3D settings".

Pigs

Have you tried going into the Nvidia control panel and selecting the GPU as your preferred graphics processor? I think it's under "manage 3D settings".

I didn't have the option in my CP. I ended up turning it off in the bios and that fixed it also fixed the screen tearing. I had done it before when I first got my 980, but I guess a bios update I did a while back turned integrated graphics back on.

If anyone else is having screen tearing on the Steam store just turn off the integrated graphics in the BIOS.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I'm playing through Batman Arkham City GOTY and there's this really annoying bug that is discussed here, and someone linked a .rar with fixed files, but the link has expired. I know it's really small, but any chance that someone is aware of another way to fix it?

F5E645922C1DB08572C2D4350DEA6537FFF20120

Odds are that it was rehosted somewhere, but the Google Docs link not offering any insight into the actual name of the file makes searching for it practically impossible. Try adding the user who uploaded it -- he may still have it.

Steam isn't using your integrated GPU. It's just poor reporting; everybody who has an integrated GPU installed alongside their discrete one encounters the issue. It's why the HD 4000 is so "popular".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
here's an illustrative image on how greenlight works

I mean, the original intent was to crowd-source the curation of games that would be allowed on Steam. Now, it seems anything would be allowed. 407 games is over 10% of all the games ever greenlit since Greenlight's been a thing.

Hektor

Greenlight has been irrelevant since a pretty long time now, imho. Everything becomes greenlit nowadays.
When I look at lists like this one, I cannot help but to think that Steam sort of phagocytized Desura's business. At this point, the Steam store is really open to everyone.

You only used that word to brag, admit it

I mean, the original intent was to crowd-source the curation of games that would be allowed on Steam. Now, it seems anything would be allowed. 407 games is over 10% of all the games ever greenlit since Greenlight's been a thing.
I know, greenlight was a bad idea from the get go, it was just valve lazy way of putting their curating responsibility on the customers hands.

The thing is look at these shitty games. These are games that were developed in 1-2 days in Unity....

tmarg

I don't know how the system works, admittedly. Just seemed like an odd thing when looking at it!

Down voting just keeps the game from showing up in your queue again. If there are enough people who want to buy a game for it to be profitable, there's no reason for valve to care how many people won't buy it.

Unai

I think it's better than the alternative. The more open the store is, the better.

Sure, you can't know if a game is good just because it's on Steam, but you also won't risk a good game not getting into the Store for some arbitrary reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom