• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-AC8F021CA96B6353 - Taken by pislit

derExperte

You have? Like what?

He had a better fashion sense than the average Sakura fan.

Says the Goat Simulator apologist.

But nonetheless, you have a point.

Please, even while stanning I remain reasonable and have come to accept that Flappy Goat was peak-GOAT and they kinda jumped the shark with GoatZ, the Payday DLC was boring and seriously lacked content too. Will buy Waste of Space only when on sale or can someone tell me that it's a huge improvement?

Red Hood

Banned
I'm playing Mirror's Edge for the first time and fuck, the controls are bad. When they work it feels great and fluid, but more than once if you don't approach ledges or whatever in the exact way and degree the game demands, they won't line up and you'll end up clunkily retry your jumps or fall to your death and then restart.

Jawmuncher

I'm playing Mirror's Edge for the first time and fuck, the controls are bad. When they work it feels great and fluid, but more than once if you don't approach ledges or whatever in the exact way and degree the game demands, they won't line up and you'll end up clunkily retry your jumps or fall to your death and then restart.

Can't say I ever had that problem. Are you playing with a controller or M&KB

kevin1025

Banned

I found that an issue mostly when doing a running jump and grabbing a pipe. For some reason that screwed me up many a time.

Red Hood

Banned
Can't say I ever had that problem. Are you playing with a controller or M&KB
Keyboard and mouse. The basic controls feel fine, no problems, but the parkour feels extremely scripted in the sense that if you don't align perfectly, most of the time you won't make your jumps or attach to objects.

I found that an issue mostly when doing a running jump and grabbing a pipe. For some reason that screwed me up many a time.

I think I know which one you mean, pretty early on (~2 hours), where you have to go around to get to
Jacknife who's flat out on the ground
? I literally tried grabbing the third pipe 20 times - and falling to my death - until I somehow managed to skip the third pipe by jumping from the second pipe directly to the edge.

Nordicus

Yeah, on PC grabbing pipes mid-jump is a very common issue

Uzzy

From More_Badass' thread, Transmission - Reveal Trailer

Transmission is a hand painted action-adventure game that blends tactical combat, vast exploration, and intricate puzzle solving, along with a rich narrative in the realm of great science fiction cinema.

You find yourself deserted on an unknown planet, with little indication of how you arrived. Armed with your trusty plasma cutter and your ship's sentient artificial intelligence computer, you must search for a way home. During your journey you will uncover secrets and challenges beyond your imagination, along with a hidden past that this strange planet holds. As you discover this hidden past, you will ultimately have to confront your own...

- Combat is...Zelda/Souls inspired: locking onto enemies, energy shield, evading attacks, etc.
- You gather various weapons and items as you traverse the planet
- Weapons are upgradable. Your energy items, shields, etc. are tied to a finite power supply, so use must be managed
- Puzzles are influenced by Resident Evil and adventure games

The team website is here. There's meant to be a Kickstarter for it next month. Personally, I was sold just seeing that art style, then the reveal trailer made me want to throw them all the money.

Nordicus

In my opinion the gameplay of Butcher Bay hasn't aged well. The stealth is way too difficult and the game was too focused on setpieces. Assault on Dark Athena was a lot more solid experience

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Free Victor Vran, Dream Runners, or Haven's hope:

http://www.worldofnerds.com/steam2016

Sweet, I was able to pick up Dream Runners (which I didn't have) but I was hoping for Victor Vran since it's on my wishlist. Oh well, free is free. Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Shalashaska's got my back, thanks man!

yuraya

Such a lust for revenge..

MGSV has been #2 top seller ever since the MGS franchise sale began. Trailing only Warhammer. And the discount isn't even all that great. I think its been cheaper b4.

Konami must be thrilled. I for one can't wait for MGS6.

Eila

Ah, too late then. Why always me? Also abandoned a CS: GO match for this. Thankfully I don't do it often so it should only be 30 mins ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom