• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moto Racer 4 Is Coming To The PC This October, New Screenshots + Details

Microids has announced that its arcade-style motorbike racing game, Moto Racer 4, is planned for an October 13th release on the PC. Moto Racer 4 is developed by Microids and Artefacts Studio, under the supervision of itsoriginal designer, Paul Cuisset, and is powered by Epic’s Unreal Engine 4.

The game will include no less than 15 single and multiplayer game modes. In addition to regular fixtures such as the Time Trial, Single Race and Championship.

Man, SuperMNC was dope. Sadly the dev ran it into the grund.

This 1000x. It consumed me for a while, and so did MNC.

I'm not one of those types that gets burned once by a dev and then goes "Never again!" I was a little bummed when Uber Ent. announced SuperMNC so soon after MNC because it effectively killed the playerbase of an MP-only game.

But I had hope. And SuperMNC played really well. I maintained hope when they weren't really receptive to quick, necessary balance fixes, choosing to balance the things around what people were crying about. I maintained hope when they held fast to the absurd grind it took to get max slots for your endorsements. I even maintained hope when they announced Planetary Annihilation and that they would not cut support to SuperMNC.

They did. And then they did their whole overpriced early access thing with PA that they went back on. So, truly, never again, Uber Ent. Never again.

Is Overwatch like MNC (super or otherwise?) Like, with mobs and turrets and bases? Or is it more like a multiplayer shooter like TF2? I guess there's an open beta coming up so I could just try it then...

SuperMNC was really great, but they tried to make it more like a MOBA unlike MNC, which was TF2 with small Moba-elements.

But then they added more and more crazy stuff, cheaters were rampant etc.

derFeef

I guess Battleborn is more like Super MNC, Overwatch really is TF2 with abilities thrown on top of it (but lacks the goot shooting, imo). And yes, I will not buy anything again from Uber.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Gilu, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gilu, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mushroom 11 -- MB-DFBCDCC9AD47D1F3 - Taken by Saty. 15 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-5DB556B01AFF7B91 - Taken by Geedorah. 22 entrants total.
Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut -- MB-000943D513DFA2A6 - Taken by shadowfoxx21. 15 entrants total.

t1462370421z1.png

Grief.exe

This 1000x. It consumed me for a while, and so did MNC.

I'm not one of those types that gets burned once by a dev and then goes "Never again!" I was a little bummed when Uber Ent. announced SuperMNC so soon after MNC because it effectively killed the playerbase of an MP-only game.

But I had hope. And SuperMNC played really well. I maintained hope when they weren't really receptive to quick, necessary balance fixes, choosing to balance the things around what people were crying about. I maintained hope when they held fast to the absurd grind it took to get max slots for your endorsements. I even maintained hope when they announced Planetary Annihilation and that they would not cut support to SuperMNC.

They did. And then they did their whole overpriced early access thing with PA that they went back on. So, truly, never again, Uber Ent. Never again.

Is Overwatch like MNC (super or otherwise?) Like, with mobs and turrets and bases? Or is it more like a multiplayer shooter like TF2? I guess there's an open beta coming up so I could just try it then...

Overwatch is basically TF2.

Knurek

I rather want -1 nowadays. Too many shitty games in my library that I won't have time to play anyway

There's a 'Hide in my library' function just for that.
It's better to have the game on your account, especially if it's shitty and you don't want to play it - this way you won't re-buy it accidentally.

derExperte

STEAM | June 2016 - Minus World

There's a 'Hide in my library' function just for that.
It's better to have the game on your account, especially if it's shitty and you don't want to play it - this way you won't re-buy it accidentally.

That's what I use 'Not Interested' for.

reached a very tedious part in Dark Souls III, not even hard, just tedious

Just had a peek at your achievements. You're at the best part! And by that I mean one of the few zones you'll get invaded by multiple people at once :p Get back to it!

I hope they use the world for other games at least.

You know, I was thinking about this earlier today. We all know Overwatch is what became of Titan, but man can you imagine what they had in store for us if Titan hadn't failed? Such beautiful and interesting locations. Would have been great to explore those places.

My god a -1 movement now? Is this how Steamgaf falls???

I've been trying to get on the -1 train for months now. It's just so monumentally boring to go through your list of games to decide which ones deserve to get kicked and which don't. But... I will manage it one day...

MUnited83

For you.
Getting stuck at bonfire in Dark Souls is starting to get on my nerves.

Is it a known bug or something?

It is if you're using DSFix, yes. Happens when you try to become human and try to exit of the bonfire immediately. To get around this, before exiting the bonfire select anything else on the bonfire menu, like leveling up. You can then exit the bonfire correctly.

Saty

Clearly, the studio realised it made a mistake, but at least in hindsight, it seemed such an obvious one. Are pre-order incentives so valuable to publishers, that it's worth risking the developer's reputation with its own fanbase? Do the Chaos Warriors, as a playable race, exist only because they're premium DLC?

Join me in the video below as I put these questions and more to Creative Assembly brand director, Rob Bartholomew. He's refreshingly open in our conversation, admitting Creative Assembly "completely understand" that the studio needs to build back its fans' trust.

"We think that eventually we're going to get onto that kind of even keel, where people see new Total War content as an unequivocally good thing," said Bartholomew, before a slight pause. "That might not be possible with today's internet, necessarily."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpxP6FjmyFo
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-after-total-war-warhammers-controversial-dlc

More info please. If this is DS1..I've never had it happen.

It is if you're using DSFix, yes. Happens when you try to become human and try to exit of the bonfire immediately. To get around this, before exiting the bonfire select anything else on the bonfire menu, like leveling up. You can then exit the bonfire correctly.

Yes, I'm using dsfix.

I see, so it has something to do with the frames going too fast and I got stuck in the process. Ok then I'll try, thanks.

Arthea

team +1
also I would totally forget that I bought a game already and removed, so -1 is not even an option for me, I'm not rich

I thought anime was the fall of steamgaf?

anime has nothing on this -1 fad

steamgaf is about embracing our unreasonable desire to own (for some to play, as yours truly) all games, if that fails, everything will be in ruins. is our Doom near?

People getting rid of their games doesn't affect me. It's not my money.

that's what you wanna think
imagine steamgaf being all about birthdays and nothing else!

Jawmuncher

People getting rid of their games doesn't affect me. It's not my money. So in the marvel sense I'm either one of the numerous Xmen who didn't care or one of the runaways.

sheaaaa

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sheaaaa, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Mushroom 11 -- MB-DA65E8648B04F4C4 - Taken by derExperte
Towerfall: Ascension -- MB-168227D851105885 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut -- MB-185BE885BB4AE42D - Taken by ExoSoul

data

Honestly, just get all the free +1's, then use idlemaster to farm the cards, then delete them from your account.

Lomax

I'm not really team +1 any more, but I also can't imagine removing anything from my account nor have I refunded anything. Only way I can see myself refunding something is if I bought it and it was immediately bundled or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom