• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Regarding that bundle, RPS has an interesting article on Vietnam 65: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/20/wot-i-think-vietnam-65/

Whatever happens to Vietnam 65 during the coming nine months, I’m confident it will go down as one of 2015’s most original and moreish military strategy games. A few months ago in The Flare Path I mused on the subject of ‘the perfect introductory wargame’. Assuming you aren’t allergic to a little logistical hard work, this cheap, flavoursome slice of Sixties history might just be it.

Where did you get the Eitr release date from? I can only find 2016 as a vague release date.

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=14&filter=release&s=1&date=20160601

Probably too optimistic, we'd have an announcement by now if true.

Also Obduction (from Cyan, Myst) and Perception (some ex-Irrational Games devs) on there. Doubtful.

Arthea

Steins Gate too, probably
it's about time

that bundlestars bundle has at least one game from my wishlist but in the wrong tier
dunno what to do, kinda expensive and I shouldn't

I still have an interest in Homefront: The Revolution based on what I've seen for the Single Player...still got a couple weeks to talk myself into or out of it

as far as June goes Lego Star Wars is the only game I'm looking at picking up on release...other stuff I'll just take a wait and see approach (wait for sales)

untitled-12joj6x.gif

Now you understand my pain.

I'm excited for No Man's Sky. Love what I saw so far. The scale, atmosphere and artstyle are fabulous. The absent of a traditional campaign is not optimal but I came to terms with it early on. Can't wait.

Jawmuncher

You know put me in the -1 camp. Idlemaster keeps messing up idling times on games and I have more than a few shit games that have way too high of times played.

#FE is my June game, nothing else I'm really looking forward too unless God Eater just comes out of nowhere.

Looks like that will be an August Release.

You know put me in the -1 camp. Idlemaster keeps messing up idling times on games and I have more than a few shit games that have way too high of times played.
I wouldn't mind the trash games being removed from my account, but I've never bothered to start clearing it.

Ludens

Banned
IO is really incompetent, every, and I mean EVERY patch they released broke something.
We basically paid for being alpha players, we are helping those dudes to create their game by giving them out money so when Hitman will release for real, it will be playable.

Lomax

I wouldn't mind being able to say "yes I have genuine interest in playing every game on my Steam account" in but the amount of time and effort it would take to do that isn't even remotely worth it. I think I can say with confidence I have genuine interest in playing (or at least possessing) the vast majority of the games on my account though. And I know I have purchased very few bundles purely for +1s.

Arthea

I wouldn't mind being able to say "yes I have genuine interest in playing every game on my Steam account" in but the amount of time and effort it would take to do that isn't even remotely worth it. I think I can say with confidence I have genuine interest in playing (or at least possessing) the vast majority of the games on my account though. And I know I have purchased very few bundles purely for +1s.

That's a weird thing to say, wanting to play every game and being able to are not really related in any way, we want a lot of things that aren't possible, but we still want them, like all games on PC for example. even if we can play only very small fraction of all.

Saty

Valve was funded on August 24th 1996 so i hope as heck they'll have something to celebrate their 20th anniversary. I wonder if Valve will be out of touch again and not even have a special Steam sale just like when they did nothing for Steam's 10th anniversary.

Adry9

IO is really incompetent, every, and I mean EVERY patch they released broke something.
We basically paid for being alpha players, we are helping those dudes to create their game by giving them out money so when Hitman will release for real, it will be playable.

It was hard to pass on those $25 codes from the BST thread but I think I did good. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Ludens

Banned
Valve was funded on August 24th 1996 so i hope as heck they'll have something to celebrate their 20th anniversary. I wonder if Valve will be out of touch again and not even have a special Steam sale just like when they did nothing for Steam's 10th anniversary.

Valve did nothing for the 10th anniversary and, for some reasons, you expect something for the 20th one? It makes sense.

I have the impression the less Valve does, the better is for all of them. There will be a day in which Valve will be totally automated, with human people only retiring their paychecks.

Deques

Their (Valve) entire library for 75% off.

They don't have enough money to fix the bugs, because Amazon messed up with the price error

MUnited83

For you.

Seems plenty playable for me right now but sure

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Just completed Year Walk. That game is creepy, it gave me chills. I don't like scary games and especially not jump scares. I thought it would be more like weird game than creepy one. Of course i also made that mistake that i started to play it at night with headphones on, couldn't finish it at one sitting so i completed it now, in the daytime.

I gotta say that the story is quite good. Particularly the ending (not the first one), it was quite satisfying after all. Also the swedish folklore, which the story is based on, sounds interesting. Very intriguing experience, one of those games which leave you thinking the story after completing the game. Gameplay was very simple, those few puzzles were good, other than that, there is not much. At the beginning, moving left and right, back and forward, gave me a little nausea but i got used to it. Short game, took me under 2 hours to complete it.

So if you are looking for an unique short game(/experience) with an interesting and creepy story, i would recommend Year Walk. Btw, i got it from previous SteamGAF thread so thanks to Rockin' Ranger,
who doesn't want thank you messages

Ludens

Banned
Seems plenty playable for me right now but sure

Ok, you are lucky?
I spent three hours on the same mission because it bugged out and I don't know what to do, since I can't even delete bugged saves.
It does work for me, it's ok for everyone.
Other people reported the bug too, I don't know if it's random or it appears for everyone, but I know I can't play the game in the way I want because the game "reads" my preavious savegame and I can't achieve the best rank.

I hate when "it works for me, go to hell everyone".

Megadimension Neptunia VII coming to PC via Steam this summer
The game, initially launched for PlayStation 4 in February, includes all the features of the original release, including new characters, three worlds to save and three stories to play, a new transformation mode, an updated battle system, and a new dungeon mini-game. The PC version also adds options to run the game at 60 frames per second, to use the original Japanese voice-overs, and will feature bundles of the original downloadable content to purchase.

Odd thing is that it was 60 FPS for PS4 too no idea why they're claiming it as new lol

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Particula -- MB-C88E7752869F338E - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 1 entrants total.

t1462393345z1.png

gelf

I'm happy just sending trash games I'll never play to the hidden category. Don't see the need to make the effort to remove them from my account entirely.

+1 v -1 - Fall of SteamGaf?

Now I want to see someone pursue an "Inbox Zero" approach to their library. Buy a game, play the game, then delete the game before you can add another one to your library.

Or maybe we should spring for a copy of Marie Kondo's "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up" every time someone crosses a thousand games

"First, put your hands on everything you own, ask yourself if it sparks joy, and if it doesn’t, thank it for its service and get rid of it. Second, once only your most joy-giving belongings remain, put every item in a place where it’s visible, accessible, and easy to grab and then put back. Only then, Kondo says, will you have reached the nirvana of housekeeping, and never have to clean again."

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of -1s, I wonder if someone drops below their current badge threshold by removing games from their account if it actually updates their "games owned" badge. Like if I removed 400 games from my account, would I go back to having the "Gaming God" badge, or would I keep my "Accrual Expert" one? Would the date get updated? If I dropped back to 2,999 and then bought a game, would it change twice?

So many unanswered questions
that someone already knows the answer to I'm sure

Grief.exe

Speaking of -1s, I wonder if someone drops below their current badge threshold by removing games from their account if it actually updates their "games owned" badge. Like if I removed 400 games from my account, would I go back to having the "Gaming God" badge, or would I keep my "Accrual Expert" one? Would the date get updated? If I dropped back to 2,999 and then bought a game, would it change twice?

Technically those games are still attached to your account correct? I've never used the service.

I guess it depends on which value Valve parses, but I have a feeling they would parse the global value, rather than that shown on your local library.

derExperte

I was above 2K so I assume I had the 2K badge but now I'm below and only have the 1K one. Unlock date is 2004, date of my Steam registration. Don't know if I lost the XP (achievement stats don't change, that I know) and if I consequently could drop down a level.

MUnited83

For you.
Ok, you are lucky?
I spent three hours on the same mission because it bugged out and I don't know what to do, since I can't even delete bugged saves.
It does work for me, it's ok for everyone.
Other people reported the bug too, I don't know if it's random or it appears for everyone, but I know I can't play the game in the way I want because the game "reads" my preavious savegame and I can't achieve the best rank.

I hate when "it works for me, go to hell everyone".

Same goes for "it doesn't work for me, therefore it doesn't work for anyone so we are all beta testers"
Regarding the save, just start the mission again and save over the old saves. And the guy you said has the same issue doesn't have the same issue at all.

Why?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Why So Evil 2 -- MB-B6CCCB7E9A422FB7 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.

t1462384405z1.png

Knurek

How long till Trump-ojisan outlaws Steam?
He seems to have some beef with Anime, and... well, nothing says Anime on PC like Steam does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom