• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

I'm enjoying this game a lot, so I thought I'd share it with other people, thus this giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jazz573, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition -- MB-70B7AF33CD1C9E63 - Taken by data. 32 entrants total.

t1462511850z1.png

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
i find symmetra really boring. you don't really do anything, just activate passive things on cooldown, that's it

pharah is great fun tho

Dunno I set up laser turrets with her at some points and rack up a bunch a kills with that as well as her powerful charge blast.

inm8num2

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (inm8num2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number -- MB-AA6F621ADFF4F323 - Taken by Kagemusha. 36 entrants total.

t1462511910z1.png

def sim

I forgot Overwatch was a Blizzard game and was searching for it on steam, as well. I didn't want to bother reinstalling their client, so I played it on console instead. It's fun, but I probably won't check it out any further unless I can get my friends into it in a big way.

Healing/buffing people with Mercy sure is satisfying, though.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
One time, as Tracer, I blew up three people. And then I went to their base and waited for them to respawn, and once they did I started spamming the Hello emote at them. And then I ran away when they started shooting at me.

It was pretty funny. You maybe had to be there.

Blu(e)

Really enjoying the Overwatch beta which kind of surprised me since I haven't been interested in a shooter in a long time. I'm already playing Hearthstone HoTs and really considering the $60 version. Blizzard really got their hooks into me.

Jawmuncher

I always just consider this the PC gaming general. Let's be fair most of us do. Since the majority games are on steam anyway. Your blizzard, Uplay, and origin apps are all on the computer steam is on as well.

sadblob

Overwatch: I used Zenyatta mainly. IDK, it looks like he does nothing (except when ulting) but you are actually incredibly useful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What time do the humble monthly games usually get revealed?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Inman explain what the update was.

I have already said that Jedi Knight was one of my favorite games in this VERY thread

I just don't feel like googling the details cause I'm in bed on my phone

Who cares about star wars? Im talking about the return of that abomination of a avatar!

iosefe

Who cares about star wars? Im talking about the return of that abomination of a avatar!
It's a nice representation courtesy of liliththepale made for fake pic February...it's very accurate and we'll done...

Once another artist does a rendition, I will use that too

I'll change it in the morning to my normal one. Also my praise was last thread. Whoops

The Karters - Announcement Trailer
The Karters is an arcade karting game, inspired by Crash Team Racing’s gameplay, dynamics and overall design. Grab one of the killing weapons, compete with the opponents and smash them in the Arena mode. Challenge your friends in a local or global multiplayer, where only one can win. Pick one of the thrilling maps and try to find alternative routes to outsmart your rivals and get the gold!

Sounds like its time for another series replay

That's a good update. I would hope issues running are also solved?

I'm kinda hoping that's what the updates were. I had a helluva time getting either DF2 or MotS to run.

...Of course if it doesn't then I'll need to double check that my fixes still work. Ugh.

Neospartan

Neo Member
Does anyone else ever get Humble keys they are 99% sure they redeemed but they show as un-redeemed in your account?

That happened to me yesterday. Just after a friend redeemed a key I gave him (that I bought myself), all the keys I had redeemed a few minutes earlier showed me the button to redeem them.

I just sat there, refreshing the page and wondering if something went wrong with the system and I ended up with another set of keys. Took a minute to finally appear as redeemed.

Backlogger

There are TELLTALE key, not Steam keys

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale Key) -- MB-C03308B250BF9A42 - Taken by pantsattack
Jurassic Park The Game (Telltale Key) -- MB-285FB0AAD8907EA6 - Taken by GaussTek
Game of Thrones A Telltale Games Series (Telltale Key) -- MB-7E4D72CF4706E9D7 - Taken by TheMadMan007
The Wolf Among Us (Telltale Key) -- MB-DC229707FC908AED - Taken by fifasnipe2224
The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Telltale Key) -- MB-AF9A0DB96D0A2602 - Taken by MANUELF

Sajjaja

If I haven't played a DOOM game, which one should I start with? DOOM 1 I'm assuming. Is there a particular version I should play with like prettier textures and what not?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot has the icons for Telltale keys but I set it up for the trigger to be (Telltale) so it didn't catch. Bummer :( I will add (Telltale Key) to the filter as well. Too late for this giveaway but might help in the future.

Backlogger

ModBot has the icons for Telltale keys but I set it up for the trigger to be (Telltale) so it didn't catch. Bummer :( I will add (Telltale Key) to the filter as well. Too late for this giveaway but might help in the future.

Sorry, I should have investigated further or guessed better before posting. I used to just do (Desura) back in the day so not sure why I thought I should append "key".

I've had a long day and its starting to show!

If I haven't played a DOOM game, which one should I start with? DOOM 1 I'm assuming. Is there a particular version I should play with like prettier textures and what not?

Do you want to play them all? There is not really any continuity other than a bit between 1 and 2.

There are so many versions of 1 it is hard to parse.

My favorite Doom game is the N64 version actually.

Teggy

Urgh I got to my next boss in Demons Souls but didn't find any shortcuts along the way. (I didn't beat the boss)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Sorry, I should have investigated further or guessed better before posting. I used to just do (Desura) back in the day so not sure why I thought I should append "key".

I've had a long day and its starting to show!

Not your fault at all, the ModBot FAQ is enormous and your disclaimer at the top should be enough to make sure no one accidentally claims a key they don't want! I'm the one apologizing! :)

Backlogger

I also have keys for Remember Me and DMC: Devil May Cry but I am pretty sure I already redeemed them. If someone wants to try to redeem one or both let me know and I will send you the keys.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Shadowrun Chronicles Boston Lockdown -- MB-D860B04E2143980B - Taken by trailmix16

Oh, I have managed to wean myself off of Borderlands. But now I am addicted to Diablo 3.

It appears I have a thing for grinders.

You say that like its a bad thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom