• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I also have keys for Remember Me and DMC: Devil May Cry but I am pretty sure I already redeemed them. If someone wants to try to redeem one or both let me know and I will send you the keys.
Sure, if you don't mind. edit: nevermind, this is what I get when I don't refresh lol.

My SC2 update is almost twice the size of the entire Overwatch download.

SC2 continues to be a bummer.

It's a great game, enjoy it!

I now have a reason to replay Remember Me. Excellent.

when I completed it on 360 I started with English audio...some of the actors were good, some were meh...switched it to French and finished the game out on that

Grief.exe

Microsoft starting to remind us of the end of July upgrade deadline for Windows 10.
Time to go to Microcenter...

437203_397901_01_front_zoom.jpg

MUnited83

For you.
Aren't those characters considered to be garbage?

I was looking at some comp makeups a couple years ago and those were bottom of the barrel. I don't know much about Symmetra, but Pharah's ultimate would be simple to deny.

If one considers them garbage is because they don't know how to play with them. Pharah is one of the best characters in the game for people who know what they are doing. (feel free to actually see the competitive scene. lots of people using her). I literally never heard a single person calling her garbage. If anything it's the opposite, she's often considered one of the best heros.
I also don't see how her ultimate is more simple to deny than most of the other ultimates. It's certainly not Hanzo or Reaper tier of ultimate, but it's still good.

Symmetra might not be the most interesting character to play th game as, but she is extremely useful if your team is using any resemblance of tactics. She's a good supporting hero.

Aren't those characters considered to be garbage?

I was looking at some comp makeups a couple years ago and those were bottom of the barrel. I don't know much about Symmetra, but Pharah's ultimate would be simple to deny.

TF2's engi got split into two characters. Tjornborn has the level 2 turret, Symmetra has mini-sentries and the teleporter (as her ult). She's pretty important to have on defence when the spawn is super far back from the objective.

MANUELF

Banned
Okay. Everything below is a PC exclusive or on a console/handheld you haven't listed, couple may also be available on mobile but all things considered:

A Story About My Uncle
DeadCore
Dreaming Sarah
Gunpoint
Mark of the Ninja
Momodora (there's 4 of 'em)
Nihilumbra
Ori and the Blind Forest
Outland
Rayman Legends/Rayman Origins
Refunct
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Vogarr the Viking

One's that aren't exclusive that I suggest anyway:

Axiom Verge
Braid
The Bridge
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Downwell
Dust: An Elysian Tail
FEZ
ibb&obb
Limbo
Lovely Planet
Risk of Rain
Strider
Spelunky
The Swapper
Valiant Hearts
VVVVVV

Should be a good start. It's a mix. Puzzle, FPS, exploration 2d, retro, metroidvania, rogue like, difficult. Have a field day with that, and welcome to the beginning of the end, friend. Link your Steam account to be added to the NeoGAF group if you'd like, feel free to add myself - it's my homepage if you click my username here. Hope you like anime. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

E: I'd have hyperlinked for you, but I'm mobile atm.
Dont know how to add you on steam :S my username is the same as here, also I already have Rayman Legends and Outland, and have no interest in VVVVVV but will see about the others options

Backlogger

Ha! They worked! Thanks a lot! I've read that Remember Me looks so much better on a capable PC, so I'll be giving that a whirl.

That's so weird. I know I got both of those games from a bundle. Maybe it was a newer bundle that had the games again.

Well, glad someone got them that needed them!

Remember Me has really great art direction and some cool ideas with their combo builders. I'm not that into action games but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Grief.exe

If one considers them garbage is because they don't know how to play with them. Pharah is one of the best characters in the game for people who know what they are doing. (feel free to actually see the competitive scene. lots of people using her). I literally never heard a single person calling her garbage. If anything it's the opposite, she's often considered one of the best heros.
I also don't see how her ultimate is more simple to deny than most of the other ultimates. It's certainly not Hanzo or Reaper tier of ultimate, but it's still good.

Symmetra might not be the most interesting character to play th game as, but she is extremely useful if your team is using any resemblance of tactics. She's a good supporting hero.

TF2's engi got split into two characters. Tjornborn has the level 2 turret, Symmetra has mini-sentries and the teleporter (as her ult). She's pretty important to have on defence when the spawn is super far back from the objective.

This is why I'm asking, because I don't know jack.

MtBrV.jpg

kurahador

Ah...engie class. Everyone wants someone to be one, but no one wants to.

MUnited83

For you.
Honestly, if you win a Telltale key you should just go redeem it on their site so you legally own it, then proceed to the nearest torrent site and download a version that isn't riddled with terrible DRM that is a complete shitshow that doesn't work and actively makes playing games with it a pain in the ass.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of inm8num2, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (inm8num2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number -- MB-AA6F621ADFF4F323 - Taken by Kagemusha. 36 entrants total.

t1462511670z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of inm8num2, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (inm8num2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number -- MB-AA6F621ADFF4F323 - Taken by Kagemusha. 36 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1462511910z1.png

Mr. Tibbs

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II got a update

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II got a update in 2016

Thanks for the heads up! The base game now works flawlessly for me without any additional patching or tinkering. I've always wanted to play this. It's the big 90s shooter I missed out on.

I knew that it was telltale but not that a telltale account was recquired to redeem it

PS: Also tried Shantae Risky Revenge and everytime Im in the overworld there is sooooo much slowdown, I already lowered the resolution and the size of the screen but is still happening

i like your taste in pokemon.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah we should talk about actual steam related stuff in here... like anime and nintendo shit.

well still, it's a lot of overwatch talk and for ppl that don't care about it i'm sure it's annoying

still, i'd recommend everyone to give it a try since it's so much fun

That would also explain why
braking the chains deals so much damage as opposed to hitting him regularly/in a arm where the chains have been broken, his physical self is long gone but when you break the bracelets you're literally breaking the objects that prolong his self's existence
sadly while that's interesting i don't think the bosses in this game have compelling stories

Dunno I set up laser turrets with her at some points and rack up a bunch a kills with that as well as her powerful charge blast.
yeah but it's so boring. i don't like her weapons, i don't like her boring no work shield thingie and i don't really like the tedium of placing turrets everywhere

imo the least fun character in the game

Lomax

is blizzard separate from activision ? would be nice to have those games on steam specially warcraft and diablo

Blizzard games were exclusive to their own launcher even before they merged with Activision. They are also basically the only company left that makes a lot of PC sales at retail.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need Salt and Sanctuary now damn it. Wheres my steam release date :/

I don't know if Overwatch will grow up to become a phenomenon like WOW. I just hope that so we can have a funny episode about it in South Park just liek the WOW episode.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know if Overwatch will grow up to become a phenomenon like WOW. I just hope that so we can have a funny episode about it in South Park just liek the WOW episode.

Of course it wont. Nothing will. What a weird thing to say. Its a shooter, you should say "I wonder if it will become a phenomenon like Call of Duty". It still wont but at least it makes more sense.

Its not even f2p.

Edit: well the nothing will is more in the cultural part, because I bet that LoL is already as big if not bigger than WoW ever was

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I just hope that Overwatch is successful enough that I can play it competitively and that it would be televised on ESPN and that my Dad would finally say he loved me and was proud of me.

Played Overwatch and got a ridiculously high killstreak playing Pharah in my first two hours. Like, 35 or something. Either this game has a really low skill ceiling compared to TF2, or everybody else is really bad.

Blu(e)

Played Overwatch and got a ridiculously high killstreak playing Pharah in my first two hours. Like, 35 or something. Either this game has a really low skill ceiling compared to TF2, or everybody else is really bad.

Would say the latter. People tend to just funnel in death after death without waiting for the full team to engage. It's also terrible since people usually don't pick up other roles and just stay with one character even if we need a healer/tank.

Soulflarz

Banned
something something if that post wasn't serious knock it the fuck off and if it was your decision to post it online was very dumb and what is wrong with you?

so people can just sucker punch others without repercussions? nah, fam

there will be blood

No, we have laws. You call the cops. Or ignore it, giving him no repercussions because you're better than him.
But in the case you aren't going to ignore it, you call the police.

Why am I even having this conversation. Why do I have to explain basic social constructs to you :/

rtcn63

something something if that post wasn't serious knock it the fuck off and if it was your decision to post it online was very dumb and what is wrong with you?

Apologies, bad night. Bad year. I'll get back to playing games tomorrow, maybe talk more about how much I hate the fucking
dual sharks guarding the Rakuyo
in Bloodborne.

Soulflarz

Banned
Apologies, bad night. Bad year. I'll get back to playing games tomorrow, maybe talk more about how much I hate the fucking
in Bloodborne.

wat
Not you >_> I don't have anything against people sharing their pasts or anything! It's...I don't like people posting they want to stab someone in a thread? That's kind of reasonable I assume :x

Rhaknar

in Bloodborne.

Are you Ozium's alt account?

rtcn63

Either way, I'd recommend Ozzie not escalate things. It only leads to more scars and bruises on your body (some of which probably won't go away) and yeah the legal repercussions. At least sleep on it.

Are you Ozium's alt account?

What if Ozzie's my brother and I'm the one who punched him? But of course he wouldn't know that... until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom