• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
that sucks. eXceed 3rd works perfectly on my laptop on both the Intel Graphics and the GTX 860M. It's a great game marred by lame compatibility issues.
IIRC the fix listed in this community thread isn't that hard to implement.

I should try Ys someday.

merg
well I started Hotline Miami 2 instead <_>

And can't play anything longer than one or two longish sittings on the basis I only am playing at like 10pm-1 when I get bored of studying. Can't even risk playing something that might overlap with UC4 when I get home in a week.

Did
Did I mention I want UC4

Red Hood

Banned
win10.jpg

lol
You should listen. I recently upgraded from 7 to 10 and it feels more like a skin than anything else. And that's the biggest compliment I can give it, because Windows 7 was master-tier. You don't have to reinstall any software and I've tested all older games and they work off the bat. And as gamers ourselves we'll upgrade sooner or later because of DX12, it's free now so why postpone?

And of course saving a puppy is gravy.

Tellaerin

The reason isn't usability, or bugginess, or anything like that - Steam has its issues, but by and large it's a solid piece of technology - but rather the "community" that Valve has allowed to thrive on its platform.

That "community" is called "the internet". It is what it is. Not Valve's fault that some people are assholes, or that interacting online makes those people bold about spewing their offensive shit.

Teggy

Well Valley of Defilement has me about ready to give up on Demon's Souls. The way they stick you in a tiny space with 10 guys, half with fire spears and a totally shit camera is BS.

Think I'll give the game a break for a couple of days.

Nzyme32

ChyRmpnWsAAcU-V.jpg:large

Releases on October 18th

Theme is very good, but as usual it being EA means it is an absolute no go for me. Only EA game I paid for was Battlefield 3, and back then Origin was awful so I gave up on it. Now EA games are absurdly expensive, lacking in content and still suffer broken experiences at launch onwards. Just can't invest in that.

The name is stupid in my opinion, but the series has gone on for so long they all blur together. Besides, at least there wasn't a Battlefield 1 before. I kind of would like to see a Battlefield 1 AD though; no idea how that would work!

Soulflarz

Banned
If you wait a bit
EA games are completely worth their value and aren't expensive at all

BF4- $10, free dlc
What more do you want X_X

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I've had this issue and butchered a couple reviews until they got posted. Only afterwards I learned that it is a bug on Steam's end which can be easily circumvented.
You post a one-word review, go to your reviews tab, click edit and paste the actual, lengthy review. This solved my issues every time.
Mind you, Steam reviews do have a character limit, 8000 iirc.

Thanks. This is what I ended up doing, appreciate it.

derExperte

The Battlefield 4 launch has taught me nothing. A terrible Battlefield 1 beta will teach me nothing. Day 1.

Did they finished patching up BF4 and Hardline while releasing all DLC scheduled in season pass?

Can't say much about Hardline but the BF4 support has been very, very good over the years, many patches (they're done now) and content beyond the pre-planned DLC.

Phinor

If you wait a bit

BF4- $10, free dlc

Should have bought Premium edition for $20 to be honest.

Man, BF4 had decent legs. I still play it to this day. Hopefully Battlefield 1 is at least as good.(And works day 1 for more people than BF4 did, personally I had no issues after the beta but I got lucky.)

Nzyme32

If you wait a bit

BF4- $10, free dlc

This is probably true with the BF series at least, but for me BF died with 2142, which was just so awesome. I think my issue now is more uncertainty of how long these games will last me. The worst that happens for me is that games end up dead for the most part with the heavily sequelised games.

NIN90

Anyone else have their Steam client suddenly start using smooth scrolling? It's disgusting! How do I turn it off?

Soulflarz

Banned
Got into the next beta for Fallout 4 DLC
zzz

Should have bought Premium edition for $20 to be honest.

Man, BF4 had decent legs. I still play it to this day. Hopefully Battlefield 1 is at least as good.(And works day 1 for more people than BF4 did, personally I had no issues after the beta but I got lucky.)

The post release support for bf4 is kind of a ridiculous amount.

This is probably true with the BF series at least, but for me BF died with 2142, which was just so awesome. I think my issue now is more uncertainty of how long these games will last me. The worst that happens for me is that games end up dead for the most part with the heavily sequelised games.

Bring your friends along. I only enjoy BF4 cause all my friends love it and playing with them is a ton of fun...even if it's on ps4 :p

Ruruja

Congrats. Don't see myself ever doing that on a Souls game, I just can't seem to fall in love with them like everyone else can, I've got Demon's Souls and Dark Souls just waiting to be played properly, I'm near the beginning of both - one day maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom