• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

9CKauQ6.png
6wOOLdT.png

Am i doing things right? XD

Knurek

Other than Stellaris (which isn't a good buy day one due to Paradox's insistence to milk buyers with DLCs) and I am Setsuna, there's really nothing interesting there...

I'm going to need some hot benches for that 1070 before I commit to buying mine. Seems good on paper.

Do note that the $379 price (already $50 over 970) is only the suggested retail one. I'm guessing most vendors will price it just slightly below NVIDIA's one - so... $420?

Parsnip

Do note that the $379 price (already $50 over 970) is only the suggested retail one. I'm guessing most vendors will price it just slightly below NVIDIA's one - so... $420?
And then convert that to whatever the €uro price we get... Benches will decide everything for me though, as long as it's good value.

And then convert that to whatever the €uro price we get... Benches will decide everything for me though, as long as it's good value.

It will be more expensive if they wont produce enough.

Look at Skylake CPUs... They should be cheap af now, but because of shipping problems, they are still expensive.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This question may seem stupid, but do games that claim they "require" a virtual reality headset actually require a virtual reality headset?

This question may seem stupid, but do games that claim they "require" a virtual reality headset actually require a virtual reality headset?

A lot of them start in SteamVR mode or Oculus mode. You can edit some inis though to play them on a normal screen, though I dont think it works that well, since for some games moving your head is the standard "control mode" for the camera.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmmm, 1080 or wait for 1080ti?

Assuming you have 4GB VRAM (or less), a 1070 as a stop-gap may not be a bad idea depending on where benchmarks place it. It's largely assumed that Nvidia won't be able to mass-produce HBM2 products until next year and the first "Big Pascal" release is of course going to be the Titan, which puts the 1080 Ti still around a year away.

derExperte

Guys I have no idea how all of this works but somehow managed to build a PC with 4 Titans so please tell me right now before anyone sees any benchmarks and weeks before the actual release how much faster 4 1080s will be and if I should upgrade. Thanks!

Not aimed at anyone in here, there are just some very strange posts over in Gaming.

No, it's obviously obsolete. You can throw it in the garbage bin. No game will be even playable at 720p, lowest settings anymore even though up until last night it maxed out everything.

Come on Chuck.

I actually didnt read much about the 1080, so I wonder if I should sell the 980ti and buy the 1080 or wait for the 1080ti.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I actually didnt read much about the 1080, so I wonder if I should sell the 980ti and buy the 1080 or wait for the 1080ti.

Actual data on how the two compare is still forthcoming. Wait for proper benchmarks and then decide yourself whether or not the performance difference is worth the premium (unless you're using a 1440p monitor or greater, I doubt the 6GB VRAM is going to be a problem).

Guys I have no idea how all of this works but somehow managed to build a PC with 4 Titans so please tell me right now before anyone sees any benchmarks and weeks before the actual release how much faster 4 1080s will be. Thanks!

Not aimed at anyone in here, there are just some very strange posts over in Gaming.
"Hey can my 980Ti Sli PC with OC'd i7 run this game?"

Were any games giving your 980Ti problems?

Actual data on how the two compare is still forthcoming. Wait for proper benchmarks and then decide yourself whether or not the performance difference is worth the premium (unless you're using a 1440p monitor or greater, I doubt the 6GB VRAM is going to be a problem).

I am actually using a 55" UHDTV, but still play most games besides japanese games in 1080p.

Were any games giving your 980Ti problems?

Danganronpa

No. Actually not. I am just wondering for VR games.

Anteater

been fucking around with my steam controller, yeah the concept of the steam controller is nice, the thing works well on desktop as a mouse, heck it's better than my shitty mouse

but holy shit the customization I have to go through for each game and learning the new controls since my shitty muscle memory is already accustomed to the dual sticks controller I've been using for the last decade.

trying out other people's config means I need to relearn the controls inorder to find out if it works or not, everytime. I could make my own and customize every button to my liking, sounds nice but modern games doesn't give a shit and give a bunch of button prompts that don't make sense at all because every button is remapped to a different button.

but the controller is nice

this is fine

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Eh, one round of Overwatch and I'm not impressed. The map so uninteresting in terms of design (the Japanese garden one), the characters don't seem to have much depth, and the shooting doesn't feel like anything. I got play of the game as the sniper chick.. for getting a double kill. Deleted.

Kiru

No idea if I should still wait a bit more for the 1080ti. I'm playing the waiting game since the release of the 970... lol.

Deques

760 and 750 can literally run everything that matters, what these can't run isn't worth running.
this post was brought to you by truths of life you have to discover yourself.

I'm still using 670 and there is no problem with it. Haven't played any high end AAA games lately so what's the point having the best GPUs in the market?

that was kinda my point, unless you are heavily into AAA games only and only worst newest ones, there is no point in keeping with GPUs especially as pricey as they are these days.

I was furtherr proving your point :p

Arthea

I'm still using 670 and there is no problem with it. Haven't played any high end AAA games lately so what's the point having the best GPUs in the market?

that was kinda my point, unless you are heavily into AAA games only and only worst newest ones, there is no point in keeping with GPUs especially as pricey as they are these days.

It depends. If you wanna experience VR, you need a high-end GPU. I mean even the 970 seems to struggle with some games in VR right now.

Are we forgetting Mirrors Edge 2?

Come on bruh. That game is gonna need a strong GPU probably.

Knurek

I really need that 1070 to replace my 970, so that I can spend the next three years playing Visual Novels and Indie puzzle games.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GabeN: The Final Decision -- MB-4142C21712B780F8 - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.
Enter the Gungeon Cobalt Hammer DLC -- MB-3D3276FEB75204D1 - Taken by Jadax. 6 entrants total.

t1462728479z1.png

Last giveaway for this year, enjoy!
P:S Forgot the autorepost rule, sorry.

Soulflarz

Banned
I really need that 1070 to replace my 970, so that I can spend the next three years playing Visual Novels and Indie puzzle games.

Honestly, I don't know why I want to upgrade
Literally everything fancy looks fine to me on my ps4. And half the time I use my PC it's for a VN or some other non intensive game that's simply pc exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom