• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
On his ult? probably. Other than that, he would probably get shredded.

you're never gonna get bastion by trading shots with him

have your reinhart tank his dmg while protecting your team, then someone high dmg like bastion or mccree or pharah kill him from the side

if he turns the rest of your team kills him

or you can just use d.va, junkrat or tracer ults

imo he's not as big of a deal as you make him to be

Uzzy

i think i'm gonna buy it

it's $15~ on nuuvem (south america only) so it seems cheap enough for me to give it a try

i've wanted to play crusader kings for the longest time, i know this is more of a 4x thing but there's shared elements, right?

Well, 4X and Grand Strategy share a lot of elements anyway. But yes, you should get it and play it.

Hektor

Bastion can easily be killed if you surprise him from behind and jump around a bit. Due to his immobility he won't do jackshit.

Only hero i've trouble countering is mordekaiser, he's so often just sticking to a corner with his shield up.

On his ult? probably. Other than that, he would probably get shredded.

With a simple teleport. If you show up by him but not in the direction hes facing he should be easily dispatched, then you just phase out if you need to. Pharah assuming the Bastion doesn't have the high ground also does very well. If the Bastion is in a corner a Hanzo splitting arrow will do the trick too. Unless a Bastion has some very committed support he can be very easily dispatched. Don't get me wrong Bastion is very strong, but hes not unstoppable. I personally have endless issues with Tracer, but she has counters too.

Bastion can easily be killed if you surprise him from behind and jump around a bit. Due to his immobility he won't do jackshit.

Only hero i've trouble countering is mordekaiser, he's so often just sticking to a corner with his shield up.

Reinhardt struggles if the player has proper zoning just strafe around him but beyond melee range and he'll go down fast. Tracer, Dva, and Reaper are incredibly difficult for Reinhardt to manage if they maintain that sweet spot. Mei completely destroys him.

zkylon

zkylewd

similar deal, get someone with high mobility (pharah, tracer, genji or reaper) and get around the shield

even if you don't kill him you'll probably force him to turn around and your team can roll over him

i heard mccree flashbang can make him drop his shield too

similar deal, get someone with high mobility (pharah, tracer, genji or reaper) and get around the shield

even if you don't kill him you'll probably force him to turn around and your team can roll over him

i heard mccree flashbang can make him drop his shield too

McCree flashbang will only stop the shield at the right angle. If it hits the shield or goes off in front of it then it does nothing. That's how I remember it, but I could be wrong.

I had to check because I couldn't remember. Reaper can actually teleport directly on to a Bastion and they wont know its happening.

Ozium

says very clearly "This game cannot be activated outside of South America."

so i wouldn't try it

oh I didn't see that lol... been up all night playing overwatch

thanks I'll just grab it from GMG then

edit: ahh it's on the actual store page, I just searched stellaris and then added it to cart from there (it showed the 3 versions as options)

zkylon

zkylewd
oh I didn't see that lol... been up all night playing overwatch

thanks I'll just grab it from GMG then

edit: ahh it's on the actual store page, I just searched stellaris and then added it to cart from there (it showed the 3 versions as options)
np!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

In The Beginning There Was Fire -- MB-45C83D30E2A2C942 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 9 entrants total.

t1462631758z1.png

Ozium

Bought Stellaris on GMG...

This wasn't even on my radar until a couple days ago and watching videos got me hyped.. I never really got into grand strategy games, preferred 4X, but this seems to be a nice blend of both.. I love the fact that you can zoom in/out and just watch all these cool battles take place.. I also like that there's no micromanagement during battles and the fact that diplomacy and discovery are huge parts of it..

plus space. everything I am hearing about it sounds fantastic and while I never played EU4 or CK2 (because I was afraid of being overwhelmed) I figure paradox knows what they are doing and are being honest in what they are saying about the game... seems fans of EU/CK often praise them

Hektor

I hope the brawls in the release version give you lootboxes every week like in hearthstone. Because getting them through level ups takes ages after LVL10

My hope for Mafia 3 is increasing and now that the gtx 1070 is announced, I'm seriously considering finally building up my mitx rig starting this month - ending 5 years of gt525m 1gb gaming on a laptop

When you do, post the details and/or pics.

I honestly love seeing new rigs and how people configure them. If I had endless money, I'd just buy parts and mix/match all the time. It's so frustrating and exciting and tense and rewarding.

As for Bastion in Overwatch, he's mostly fine but his time-to-kill needs a slight nerf. There's a reason why there are 2 of them in every defense match.

JustinBB7

I hope the brawls in the release version give you lootboxes every week like in hearthstone. Because getting them through level ups takes ages after LVL10

Yea I was a bit disappointing there was no reward, it's actually the most fun mode to play right now too.

Do stats get reset for final release?

Why did you start your experiment with the worst one then? :/
Dead. To. Me.
It moves... on its own.
Does anyone here know how to change the language in "A Boy and His Blob"? Don't want to play it in german.
I read later you are OK with it but for future cases. Did you try right-clicking on the game in the Client, going to "properties" and then "language"? Not every game has this tab, just a reminder. Maybe try changing your Client's language to English as well.

Also, your profile is set to private again >:|

Bastion represents an insurmountable challenge if you're unwilling to change heroes to counter him. Or take advantage of your team mates.

Yeah, it's funny to watch people just throw themselves into a Bastion meatgrinder. There are counters; use a mobility hero to come around at him from another angle, get some damn sheilds that let you get to another approach vector.

I think it's a factor of being early in the beta and game theory is still building. Especially at higher levels of play people are already discovering tons of counterplays for Bastion, he seems less and less overpowered the more people get familiar with the game. But yeah, if people are treating it like a Quake deathmatch or whatever he will destroy them.

It's also fun to watch people repeatedly completely ignore getting hit with Zenyatta's Orb of Discord. "Well, that didn't kill me, so FULL SPEED AHEAD CHARGE DOWN THE MIDDLE BRO!" and you're on the sidelines going "no! no! goddamit!"

L.O.R.D

windows 10 install done
that was very easy,managed to configure my elite controller at last.
but how to change the name of my controller? its "unnamed"

also, the cortana's ask box next to the start button, how to change it's size?

windows 10 install done
that was very easy,managed to configure my elite controller at last.
but how to change the name of my controller? its "unnamed"

also, the cortana's ask box next to the start button, how to change it's size?

What controller are you using?

Bastion can be countered obviously; doesn't mean he doesn't need to be balanced. I'm not new to the game, and I know full well Bastion is gonna get nerfed. It's gonna happen soon, because Blizz knows best.
I hope.

Hm, will have to play to give a fair judgement whether it is fun or not.
--------

Our PC videos of Forza 6 Apex (Gamersyde)
--------

AMD Polaris: Can 'R9 480'/'R9 480X' Dominate Mainstream PC Graphics?

Surprised if it turns out true that these will not give much more performance but similar performance at lower price and higher power efficiency. Seems Vega is the new Polaris, the one to look out for.

Saty

The Witness:

1st month: 50,199 ±4,930
2nd month: ~42,510
3rd month: ~10,459
4th moth: ~3,057

Total by May 1st: 106,225 ±8,010

People underestimate Junkrat

I agree. He's classified as defense but if you play him offensively, you can basically "unseat" a defense. Plus, he doesn't have a bad skill. They all synergize to let him watch his own back while he spams.

Are you playing on PS4? I'm The_Letdown there if you are and want an extra friend on your list. I play support aggressively and enjoy long walks on the beach or off short docks.

Jawmuncher

I agree. He's classified as defense but if you play him offensively, you can basically "unseat" a defense. Plus, he doesn't have a bad skill. They all synergize to let him watch his own back while he spams.

Are you playing on PS4? I'm The_Letdown there if you are and want an extra friend on your list. I play support aggressively and enjoy long walks on the beach or off short docks.

Same username as here for PS4, won't be on until Sunday though. If you see me on just invite me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Zenyatta might be my favorite support now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom