• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone have a spare copy of Fran Bow they want to sell for $1 ish?

I know when the summer sale is and you guys don't.

and that's all i'm saying so don't even try

This practice of taunting has lead to bans in the past. Just FYI. Either way, I'm OK with it. I'm good with being surprised.

Anteater

screenshot_2016-05-089bj29.jpg

screenshot_2016-05-08jik3z.jpg

short hair Alice is best Alice

Endruen

I just beat Alien: Isolation (finally!).
Very nice game, a bit too long perhaps. The last part was difficult as fuck and the ending was a bit disappointing, but a good game overall.
Oh, and the game crashed after the credits and I had to restart my whole PC, so that's good.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oh shit Fran Bow was a part of the humble monthly. Damn been wanting to play that. I have a key for Doom 3 BFG i will trade for Fran if anyone is willing. Key is from GMG for pre-purchasing the new Doom.

rtcn63

Madness Returns drags. It's an aesthetically-pleasing, middling platformer that goes on and on and on. Even poor Raz couldn't escape the slog:

alice_raz.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Journey To The Center Of The Earth -- MB-0CB74F646ADFAF6C - Taken by fifasnipe2224

I finished South Park the other day. Super fun game and the humor was spot on. Hopefully The Fractured But Whole isn't an Uplay game.

Started DMC. I'm new to the series so I don't feel all the hate the game got. Having a great time so far.

Mivey

Madness Returns drags. It's an aesthetically-pleasing, middling platformer that goes on and on and on. Even poor Raz couldn't escape the slog:
The game's worst crime is that it simply feels like a dumbed down remake of the first game that adds nothing new, either in terms of story or revelations about Alice's psyche.
But even that would have been fine, if they had not completely cut some many of the bosses. I mean, like three or four them are "resolved" by cutscenes. What the hell? America(n McGee) used to be cool.

rtcn63

Started DMC. I'm new to the series so I don't feel all the hate the game got. Having a great time so far.

The color-coded enemies and focus on platforming are usually the big complaints. Not at all a terrible game though.

DMC4 has great combat, but the campaign design leaves a lot to be desired. Most of Nero's boss unlocks are used to open new areas instead of imbuing him with awesome devil arms; and when you finally do get Dante, you're effectively retracing your steps, and it feels like the weapons he gets belatedly end up going to waste.

The SE edition does let you use Lady and Trish (in lieu of Nero and Dante, respectively) as well as Virgil, which mitigates things a bit.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty -- MB-EC8B82341989FEA4 - Taken by Eila. 17 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mad Max -- MB-7E9C538C51AD51EA - Taken by alr1ght. 35 entrants total.

t1462676008z1.png

mp1990

Banned
Kinda want to grab Stellaris after listening to the last Beastcast, but not sure how beginner's friendly it'll be for someone who's biggest referential in the genre is Civ5, seems way more complex than what I'm used to.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Kinda want to grab Stellaris after listening to the last Beastcast, but not sure how beginner's friendly it'll be for someone who's biggest referential in the genre is Civ5, seems way more complex than what I'm used to.

Watch the GB quicklook to see. Game is definitely complicated though. Not sure if ill be able to get into it.

Overall Stellaris seems like a major step forward in ease-of-use compared to Paradox's other games. It starts off as basically Civ5 (in space), with one planet, and will gradually reach traditional Paradox levels of complexity. I mean yeah it's real time not turn-based, but that just means that you can speed up, slow down, or pause, to do whatever suits your playstyle. A major help is that there is a tutorial bot that will explain mechanics and give tips, and the UI will keep you appraised of everything that happens turn-to-turn, so you're always attending to matters as they arise.

The UI of Stellaris is very impressive, Civ5 like in how easy it is to use (from the videos I've seen). It's probably my biggest shock after the obtuseness inherent to both CK2 and EU4's UI.

If you want to basically see a video tutorial, watch Quill18's Stellaris LP. He explains everything as he goes along.

The color-coded enemies and focus on platforming are usually the big complaints. Not at all a terrible game though.

DMC4 has great combat, but the campaign design leaves a lot to be desired. Most of Nero's boss unlocks are used to open new areas instead of imbuing him with awesome devil arms; and when you finally do get Dante, you're effectively retracing your steps, and it feels like the weapons he gets belatedly end up going to waste.

The SE edition does let you use Lady and Trish (in lieu of Nero and Dante, respectively) as well as Virgil, which mitigates things a bit.

I just remembered I have DMC4 in my library, I might try it next. Good thing it also runs on a toaster, I'll download it on my notebook to play on the go.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Bored with my Vive already. Back to Dark Souls 3.

Uzzy

Just keep asking questions in here, I'm sure there'll be plenty of people playing it next week. I conquered the Hearts of Iron 3 interface, so Stellaris will be quite easy to figure out in comparison!

Bboy AJ

So care to elaborate why it's so boring? Not enough games, devs don't know what to do with VR yet, lack of controls make for limited scope of games, what?
It's the typical answer. The games are way, way far in infancy. It's like playing Space Invaders again, just in VR. Old school arcade stuff. Which is fine. But when I have Dark Souls 3, I'd rather play DS3. Time is limited.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Went through every game on Steam to try to prune my wishlist. Didn't end up pruning my wishlist, but switched over 1,000 games from no opinion to Not Interested so at least I won't need to see them during sales. Thanks Enhanced Steam.

KxJ3NAo.png

yeahhhh boy.

Went through every game on Steam to try to prune my wishlist. Didn't end up pruning my wishlist, but switched over 1,000 games from no opinion to Not Interested so at least I won't need to see them during sales. Thanks Enhanced Steam.

KxJ3NAo.png

yeahhhh boy.

Three HUNDRED on your wish list? Ain't nobody got time for that.

You'd still be getting ripped off.

You're just pissed it's got a headphone jack.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's the typical answer. The games are way, way far in infancy. It's like playing Space Invaders again, just in VR. Old school arcade stuff. Which is fine. But when I have Dark Souls 3, I'd rather play DS3. Time is limited.

As everyone said
"Why pay $40 on VR for what is at best a $10 indie game"

Bboy AJ

As everyone said
"Why pay $40 on VR for what is at best a $10 indie game"
Because we're crazy enough to pay $800 for it, I guess. I will probably sell mine soon tbh. Gonna try it out with Pascal and then get rid of it.

Heads up on wings of prey
bought the steam version of wings of prey and it still has the awful drm meanwhile gog version is drm free and is the special edition at less price which contains the dlc .

have to purchase the dlc on steam seperately

Jimrpg

KxJ3NAo.png

yeahhhh boy.

Thats a lot of titles you're not interested in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom