• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

The biggest issue with alice madness returns is that each chapter is long and there isnt a good 'seperation' for each part of the chapter making the player feel like they are playing one long ass stretch
It has some good stuff in it but the overall product couldve been way better

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Alice is good 20 hour game that would be a amazing 10 hour game.

dickroach

anyone want an ARK Survival Evolved code? it's been sitting in my library for way too long.
PM me your favorite Final Fantasyand why (subject to availability)

edit: damn those are some sweet games vvvv

gelf

Some old Humble Bundle keys I realised I've been sitting on for a while. I'm fairly certain none of these are already redeemed. Apologies if that's not the case.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Costume Quest -- MB-6541649D6CED8E98 - Taken by texhnolyze. 5 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-9E0D830CEECB78C6 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-5D38FFD9CB8FE7C0 - Taken by hannes. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Remember Me -- MB-7F36266020570601 - Taken by Red Hood. 7 entrants total.

t1462712675z1.png

Being a DX11 game and all, gedosato & ENB won't work with DS2 Scholar of the First Sin, right?
Should I get the vanilla version instead? Those ENB and many other mods are too good to miss.

dickroach

Ludens didn't want gifts so I'm gonna buy myself The Witness for the occasion
HBD

gotta go to my friends wedding today.
all im gonna be thinking about is line puzzles :(

zkylon

zkylewd
I've heard nothing but praise for this movie so far, mhm.
i can't imagine anyone unironically enjoying this movie. me and my friends just laughed our butts off. it's like watchable if that counts as praise, but it's honestly just garbage

to think monsters was made with 500k and has like tons of different actors and is shot on location at many different places and this bunker set with three actors (john goodman is awesome but he's not working with much here) cost 15m is ridiculous. they had like tanks and helicopters in monsters ffs

whatshername building a hazmat suit out of pepsi bottles and shower curtains thanks to her being a fashion designer should give you an idea of what this movie is like. i'm not one to nitpick but that's just so dumb.

the whole movie is really really dumb

Alice is good 20 hour game that would be a amazing 10 hour game.
i'd say the gameplay would still be really boring, but if they focused their efforts on making 10 killer hours then yeah, maybe

it's a great artbook is all i can say of that game, i don't tend to drop games out of boredom because i don't tend to play boring games, but alice just tested my patience and damn what a piece of crap

to think monsters was made with 500k and has like tons of different actors and is shot on location at many different places and this bunker set with three actors (john goodman is awesome but he's not working with much here) cost 1.5m is ridiculous. they had like tanks and helicopters in monsters ffs

Wouldn't the majority of that 1.5m be going to Goodman himself?

zkylon

zkylewd
Wouldn't the majority of that 1.5m be going to Goodman himself?
sorry, i typo'd, it's 15m, not 1.5

the key thing is that the movie is garbage, the money thing is just an extra cos it's like three actors, maybe three sets/locations and like two scenes worth of cg (if we count the car crash). when i compare it to monsters which had all the stuff i mentioned above plus it isn't garbage (it's not great either but at least it's interesting) then yeah, i just get sad by how much money gets wasted in the world

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Forest Warrior -- MB-05DDC37B743CE383 - Taken by Saty
Pilot Crusader -- MB-9257977207EF94AF - Taken by texhnolyze

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Overwatch is pretty fun. It's a little confusing on my Steam controller, though. It'll take some time to get used to.

rtcn63

the key thing is that the movie is garbage

The movie is basically
a netflix straight-to-video but with better production values. I've seen the "girl-being-held-hostage-by-crazy-guy-who-may-not-be-crazy thing done. Or at least, the plot feels so derivative that I've felt like I've seen it a dozen times before. Ignoring the last bits which honestly don't fit too well with the rest of the film, it's a bog standard, decently executed psychological thriller, nothing worth mentioning the next day. If it didn't have "Cloverfield" in the title, no one would really give that much of a shit that the film existed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've heard nothing but praise for this movie so far, mhm.

Like many others, I wasn't fond of the last 15 or so minutes. Some have argued that the final act of the film, while not handled in the best way, is necessary so as to complete Michelle's arc and the underlying domestic abuse metaphor, but I don't agree that it needed to come full circle for it to land and one could even argue that the film ending (actual spoiler)
with Michelle's realisation that, hey, Roseanne's paranoid husband was actually right about there being an alien invasion
would have been more effective.

On the other hand, though, more MEW is never a bad thing.

zkylon

zkylewd
the overwatch public beta got extended till the 10th loves

i need to find a support i can play reliably when no one else is supporting, been playing so much tracer that what little ability to play mercy i had gone off the window

i may try some more lucio cos you get to shoot people with him at least but none of them feel fun to me.

i've been enjoying roadhog a lot too, that hook thing is so satisfying to use, catching a pharah mid flight or just stopping a reinhart dash feels great.

right now my champion pool is at tracer/reinhart/d.va/pharah and i'm prolly gonna add roadhog. i've been meaning to play more of the other offense dudes but no one is as fun as tracer and defense or supprot isn't really my thing.

also need to stop staying past like 6 am cos i have to edit these posts like 8 times to get rid of all the typos

The movie is basically
a netflix straight-to-video but with better production values. I've seen the "girl-being-held-hostage-by-crazy-guy-who-may-not-be-crazy thing done. Or at least, the plot feels so derivative that I've felt like I've seen it a dozen times before. Ignoring the last bits which honestly don't fit too well with the rest of the film, it's a bog standard, decently executed psychological thriller, nothing worth mentioning the next day. If it didn't have "Cloverfield" in the title, no one would really give that much of a shit that the film existed.
it was pretty funny at least

Like many others, I wasn't fond of the last 15 or so minutes. Some have argued that the final act of the film, while not handled in the best way, is necessary so as to complete Michelle's arc and the underlying domestic abuse metaphor, but I don't agree that it needed to come full circle for it to land and one could even argue that the film ending (actual spoiler)
with Michelle's realisation that, hey, Roseanne's paranoid husband was actually right about there being an alien invasion
would have been more effective.

But, on the other hand, more MEW is never a bad thing.
who's roseanne lol

zkylon

zkylewd
lol what's that got to do with the movie

also i personally didn't feel the themes of domestic abuse in the movie, sounds interesting and i probably missed it but considering the quality of the movie at face value i'm gonna guess whatever deeper meaning there is to it isn't too deep

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Edit: also for those that didn't see from before, it would seem that running games ultra @4k won't hit 60fps on the 1080. Gonna have to wait another year for that.

Are there any AMD cards out in the near future (let's say 3 months) that will do that? Pushing resolution is my primary interest in upgrading.

JakeD

That's a dick move, if they don't want 10% off, then don't introduce it. It's $1.8 saving, not much but still something

It wasn't much but it was a nice loyalty discount for people like us who buy a ton of bundles. They should have just moved it into the BTA tier.

Hey guys,

The GTX 1080 video finished processing and it's up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DkXYAIp7vs

Based on Nvidia's graph, it looks like a 1080 is

20% faster than a Titan X
50% faster than a 980
70% faster than a 970

It would seem I already hurt one Nvidia fans feelings with my video.

They really don't like it when you mock team green.

Edit: also for those that didn't see from before, it would seem that running games ultra @4k won't hit 60fps on the 1080. Gonna have to wait another year for that.
Yeah, the graph was a bit weird. Not sure why they thought it'd be a good idea to hammer "two times of a Titan X" so often. I read of so many posts around the web who believe it's straight performance.
Those stats, if they turn out true, are regular updates. Cool. No need to upgrade.

Good morning handsome and beautiful people of STEAMGAF,

Either my wireless keyboard was fucking up again or I hit a bug in LP3 where I can't complete my objective during the game.

The mission in question: is where I'am bracing a column and screwing in something to keep the base from getting destroyed by the snow storm. Mashing the WASD keys do nothing.

God, I genuinely hate my KB/M so much :(

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
curious: what games do you like w the Steam controller and what other controllers do you have?
I play mostly everything with the Steam controller. Actually, everything. Since I bought it, I shelved my Xbox 360 controller for it and never looked back. DS3 works excellent with it.

Overwatch just feels kind of weird. I probably need more practice with the most popular community config.

Good morning handsome and beautiful people of STEAMGAF,

Either my wireless keyboard was fucking up again or I hit a bug in LP3 where I can't complete my objective during the game.

The mission in question: is where I'am bracing a column and screwing in something to keep the base from getting destroyed by the snow storm. Mashing the WASD keys do nothing.

God, I genuinely hate my KB/M so much :(

Apparently you are supposed to just mash 'F':
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Lost_Planet_3#.22Rotate_WASD.22_not_working

I dont know. Using the Steamcontroller for TD games, but other than that I cant get used to it.

Its like you have to find the "perfect" config for each game. The standard config for Wolfenstein was bad.
Tried Soma with it and it was bad.
And One Piece Pirate Warriors.

It all felt "wrong".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom