• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Trigger is being pulled - finally I'll be stepping away from an ancient laptop. Gonna have to wait on the 1070 & an extra Hard drive till June I think

xpH18Hm.png

Have fun building it!

All this nvidia news has really got me hankering for an upgrade as well. Oof.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
I have been playing 12 is Better Than 6 about 3 hours now. It's quite good Hotline Miami clone; gameplay is good. Writing, dialogue, is the weak point imo, also, there is some bugs here and there. Can not enter in one building, getting stuck and one bigger error so i couldn't continue, but there was a workaround.

E. And people are getting those fatal errors in different places, but developers fixes them quite fast though.

Went through every game on Steam to try to prune my wishlist. Didn't end up pruning my wishlist, but switched over 1,000 games from no opinion to Not Interested so at least I won't need to see them during sales. Thanks Enhanced Steam.

KxJ3NAo.png

yeahhhh boy.

061Nmjm.png

I don't use the "Not interested" & "Follow" functions. Bookmark the ones that look interesting.

Ludens

Banned
So, I post it here, maybe it can be usefull for other people playing DS3 too who don't want to go for the full game other two times.

You can get all endings in a single playthrough, and this is the way to achieve them:

-
Do all the steps in order to achieve the requirements to get The Usurpation of Fire ending. At the same time, you NEED to recover the Firekeeper's eye from Untended Grave and give them to the Firekeeper. Now proceed with the game until you defeat all Lords of the Cinder.
-BEFORE offering their ashes to the throne room, make a back-up of the save stored in username/appdata/localroaming called Dark Souls 3.
-Now complete the game for the first time, and you will get The Usurpation of Fire ending.
-Delete the save in appdata and replace it with the one you made a back-up before.
-Now you need to heal your hollow status. To do so you need to talk with the Firekeeper and select the proper option. she will need a LOT of souls in order to heal you, but no problem: simply sell EVERYTHING you have in your inventory, included bosses souls, armor, weapons, everything: you only need your estus and a couple of embers just in case.
-Now quit the game again and made a second back-up of your save stored into appdata/localroaming. Save it in a different place from the first back-up, because you will still need your first back-up.
-Ok, now proceed to defeat the last boss again. You have two option now: interact with the bonfire, in which case you will get the To Link the First Flame ending, or interact with the summon sign, and doing so will grant you the The End of Fire ending.
-Now depending from your choice, simply delete the actual save stored into appdata and apply the second back-up you did.
-Go and defeat the last boss for the last time: now just do the opposite choice you did the last time.

Now you have all the endings without needing to go for the full game 2x times.

Parsnip

Getting all the endings on DkS3 in one playthrough is easy, but why would you do that? If you care about just seeing all of them you might as well watch the others on youtube. If you do them for the achievements, you are still going to be playing a bunch to get all the achievements anyway? I don't get it.

I see where this conversation is headed, and its a dark vile place.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1109270

I think you mean amazingly pleasant place.

Ludens

Banned
Getting all the endings on DkS3 in one playthrough is easy, but why would you do that? If you care about just seeing all of them you might as well watch the others on youtube. If you do them for the achievements, you are still going to be playing a bunch to get all the achievements anyway? I don't get it.

Well, for me it was the same thing regarding the nuke ending in MGSV. I want to achieve it by myself, I don't want to watch a cutscene on Youtube.
I have no plan to do a new game + on DS3 just to collect magic, rings and whatever when they are basically useless, since I completed the game already (plus I want to do DLCs on NG). But I wanted to see all endings, that's why.

Sarcasm

So, I post it here, maybe it can be usefull for other people playing DS3 too who don't want to go for the full game other two times.

You can get all endings in a single playthrough, and this is the way to achieve them:

-
Do all the steps in order to achieve the requirements to get The Usurpation of Fire ending. At the same time, you NEED to recover the Firekeeper's eye from Untended Grave and give them to the Firekeeper. Now proceed with the game until you defeat all Lords of the Cinder.
-BEFORE offering their ashes to the throne room, make a back-up of the save stored in username/appdata/localroaming called Dark Souls 3.
-Now complete the game for the first time, and you will get The Usurpation of Fire ending.
-Delete the save in appdata and replace it with the one you made a back-up before.
-Now you need to heal your hollow status. To do so you need to talk with the Firekeeper and select the proper option. she will need a LOT of souls in order to heal you, but no problem: simply sell EVERYTHING you have in your inventory, included bosses souls, armor, weapons, everything: you only need your estus and a couple of embers just in case.
-Now quit the game again and made a second back-up of your save stored into appdata/localroaming. Save it in a different place from the first back-up, because you will still need your first back-up.
-Ok, now proceed to defeat the last boss again. You have two option now: interact with the bonfire, in which case you will get the To Link the First Flame ending, or interact with the summon sign, and doing so will grant you the The End of Fire ending.
-Now depending from your choice, simply delete the actual save stored into appdata and apply the second back-up you did.
-Go and defeat the last boss for the last time: now just do the opposite choice you did the last time.

When can you screw up? I am almost to boreal (about to fight that giant bone worm then go there.

Grief.exe

Lurker Prime turned me on to these Stellaris videos by Quill18, which I'm fairly certain was also heavily involved in Cities Skylines pre-release Streamer/Youtuber hypetrain.

I recommend watching them I'm getting hyped, here is the first episode.

Ludens

Banned
When can you screw up? I am almost to boreal (about to fight that giant bone worm then go there.

You are always safe because you need to perform a specific action in order to access the final boss. But you can screw up if you
don't get five free levels from Yoel, I think, because he needs to die after giving you free levels so Yuria will spawn opening the final part of the quest.

Happy birthday Punished Snake.

Happy Birthday Ludens!

You too!

Ludens got Birthday? Happy Birthday.

And finally thank to you.

Happy Birthday Ludens.

And Happy Mothers Day to the moms.

Thanks! And yeah, happy Mothers Day because moms are tough!

Hektor

Ludens got Birthday? Happy Birthday.

_______

I was playing the random heros brawl and this happened:

So, we made some great but very complicated plans

WE ESPORTS NAU

Turns out this strategy works with other heroes in normal mode too

i can't imagine anyone unironically enjoying this movie. me and my friends just laughed our butts off. it's like watchable if that counts as praise, but it's honestly just garbage

to think monsters was made with 500k and has like tons of different actors and is shot on location at many different places and this bunker set with three actors (john goodman is awesome but he's not working with much here) cost 15m is ridiculous. they had like tanks and helicopters in monsters ffs

I don't think budgets make good movies. Or the other way around. Phone Booth was a pretty cool movie (has been some time tho) and that only has one setpiece and like two actors.

whatshername building a hazmat suit out of pepsi bottles and shower curtains thanks to her being a fashion designer should give you an idea of what this movie is like. i'm not one to nitpick but that's just so dumb.

Now this sounds awesome.

Like many others, I wasn't fond of the last 15 or so minutes. Some have argued that the final act of the film, while not handled in the best way, is necessary so as to complete Michelle's arc and the underlying domestic abuse metaphor, but I don't agree that it needed to come full circle for it to land and one could even argue that the film ending (actual spoiler)
with Michelle's realisation that, hey, Roseanne's paranoid husband was actually right about there being an alien invasion
would have been more effective.

On the other hand, though, more MEW is never a bad thing.

Too bad i already got spoiled on the ending before. It's kind a pointless to watch a mystery movie if you already know the answer.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

-

You need to pretty much beat NG+2 for all rings so it's not necessary to jump through all those hoops if you want the achievements. The game is crazy short on replay too.

Ludens

Banned
You need to pretty much beat NG+2 for all rings so it's not necessary to jump through all those hoops if you want the achievements. The game is crazy short on replay too.

I'm ok with my current rings, at least for now.
I'm not done with the game yet, I saw a couple of mid-bosses I need to take out (a wyvern and one of those dog-likes knights with a sword in the library), some roads to fully explore, but for now I'm stick with the current game avoiding NG+, maybe a day, because if From does like they did with Bloodborne, they will change the vanilla game enough with the DLCs, so one day I could replay it, but for now I won't.

I played the hell of Demon's Souls, maybe because it was a fresh thing, maybe because of how the tendency worked, but I did like seven playthroughs and never got bored if not in the last one.
I played Dark Souls 1 a lot too, like two times on PS3 (vanilla, no DLC) and later 3-4 times on PC.
From DS2, I started not liking the idea of NG+ anymore, maybe because DS2 and DS3 really didnt click for me. I found DS2 ok, the part I liked more were DLCs, but even in some of them there were awful sections (like the one in the snow in which you can't even see where you need to go), the vanilla game had too many repetitive parts.

For DS3, I feel almost the same. It's much better of DS2, but inferior to DS1 for level design and lore. Or maybe, it's just fatigue for the franchise.

Werd

I had never heard of Infinifactory before the Humble Monthly, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Sitting back and watching your solutions work is satisfying. I'm through the first 4 groups of puzzles.

Sarcasm

You are always safe because you need to perform a specific action in order to access the final boss. But you can screw up if you
don't get five free levels from Yoel, I think, because he needs to die after giving you free levels so Yuria will spawn opening the final part of the quest.

You too!

And finally thank to you.

Ah good I did. What guide did you use?

Ludens

Banned

There's no price yet, but I suppose the DLC will be 20€.
I bought the season pass back in days, CDPR really deserves my money, they are great.
If this DLC will be like the first one, I will spend at least 30 additional hours on witcher 3.

Ah good I did. What guide did you use?

No guide. At first I did the
merry thing
because I played with no solution or whatever, when I reached the end of the game, I checked how many endings there were and if it was possible achieve all at once. I noticed I already recovered the
firekeeper's eyes
, so I tried to do the back-up thing. I wasn't even sure it was possible, because apparently the
merry ending
should be definitive, but if you
heal your hollow status
, you will reset it, making all endings possible.

I missed a lot of things (gestures, items etc, like I didn't know
the Onion knignt would appear in the fight to help you if you did his quest
, but basically if you play normally, exploring each location, talking with each NPCs taking what he offers, you can always get all endings IF you do two back-ups anyway. I always try to see what the game offers, so no matter what, I do all available quests etc, I think I just got lucky in this case.

It was 17.99€ with 10% discount.

Seems like they removed it now tho.

Umh, really? So basically if you buy both DLCs on day 1 or you bought the season pass earlier, there's basicaly a 2€ saving :D

madjoki

I bought the season pass back in days, CDPR really deserves my money, they are great.
If this DLC will be like the first one, I will spend at least 30 additional hours on witcher 3.

It was 17.99€ with 10% discount.

Seems like they removed it now tho.

Red Hood

Banned

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine
up for preorders

31th May release.

Edit: Guess it was mistake, as it's gone now.

Do we have reason to believe the €25 season pass will increase in price, like Dying Light or Fallout 4? I haven't played H&S yet (I'm planning to buy the pass ~a week before B&W comes out), but that seems like a big amount of content for "just" €25. At least for the current gaming industry.

Ludens

Banned
Do we have reason to believe the €25 season pass will increase in price, like Dying Light or Fallout 4? I haven't played H&S yet (I'm planning to buy the pass ~a week before B&W comes out), but that seems like a big amount of content for "just" €25. At least for the current gaming industry.

Nah, CDPR offered a saving to people buying the season pass first, simple. 18€+9€=27€ if you pre-ordered the first DLC and pre-order the first one now.
Season pass only grants you to save 2€ more.

Happy Birthday Ludens.

And Happy Mothers Day to the moms.

Also some stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-40CD3789DC07F761 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Puzzle Agent -- MB-FC5B56E969614746 - Taken by Balthuk
Back to the Future: The Game -- MB-1FC655D0CB93DB7F - Taken by fspm
Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse -- MB-B96E0D5FEE8EF65E - Taken by pahamrick
Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-42F78B2D52957D19 - Taken by Madn

fallout

Lurker Prime turned me on to these Stellaris videos by Quill18, which I'm fairly certain was also heavily involved in Cities Skylines pre-release Streamer/Youtuber hypetrain.

I recommend watching them I'm getting hyped, here is the first episode.
I'm really excited for Stellaris. I played a bunch of EU3 years ago and I've always wanted a space-y version of that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
For comparison for Dark Souls 3 run times:

Playthrough #1: ~30 hours on save in game
(This run was heavily co-op meaning multiple runs through each area thoroughly, multiple boss runs and all possible rings/spells collected before starting NG+)

Playthrough #2: ~6 hours on a Saturday
(All bosses except for the two in that side area which will be completed today and probably another hour to wrap up the NG+1 rings)

I thought I was feeling a bit of fatigue, but the NG+ run was a surprisingly fun way to spend a weekend.

Phawx

Are there any AMD cards out in the near future (let's say 3 months) that will do that? Pushing resolution is my primary interest in upgrading.

JaseC already answered, but I can confirm as well. I talked directly to AMD at PAX East and Polaris is just going to use regular GDDR5. He said it would be slightly faster than a 390. Ultimately we have to wait for Vega10 from AMD which is HBM2 and 2017.

Edit: Also someone pointed out that my math was wrong on one of the graphs and they were right. The updates are:

1.75x for Tombraider which is 93FPS at 1080 which I showed 85 originally.

1.66x For Witcher 3 which is 43FPS at 4K which I showed 40 originally.

Obviously, it's not large and it's also really silly arguing about pixel width of charts to determine a number, but I gotta admit when I was wrong, XD haha.

So I'm still on 364.72 for my driver. Don't know if that's the update that caused problems for people but I haven't had one and haven't updated because of said problems.

Noticed there's an update to 365.10. Think it's safe to update? Anyone who has updated have any problems?

L.O.R.D

Only card that matters.

cA7ASLE.jpg

when i build my first PC back in 2003 or 2004 i got it with geforce 440 i think

then when i tried to launch Silent hill 3 my PC can;t even start the game
so i bought this
msi-5200_tdr128-1.jpg

bought this for Silent hill 3, hahha. then after 1.5 - 2 years i bought NX6600 GT

main.php

there was game bundled with it , it's called XIII.

===================

my friend is asking me for a help to make his first PC , range between $1300 and $1500
CPU i7 6700K
what other parts he should get? keep in mind there is shipping cost.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So I'm still on 364.72 for my driver. Don't know if that's the update that caused problems for people but I haven't had one and haven't updated because of said problems.

Noticed there's an update to 365.10. Think it's safe to update? Anyone who has updated have any problems?

I've been on 365.10 with a 970 for a couple days now and put it through it's paces yesterday with 6 solid hours of DS3 (at varying resolutions over 1080P lol) and haven't had any issues.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Alice is good 20 hour game that would be a amazing 10 hour game.

Cut it down to 10 sounds good and add weapons that were in the original and gimme the ledge climbing too. As much as I liked Madness Returns the original game had more variety of weapons and it felt weird having ledge climbing in the old game and not in the new one. Also the last boss fight of A:MR could have been better.

OmarYusaf

that was my card for my first gaming PC

there was game bundled with it , it's called XIII.

===================

my friend is asking me for a help to make his first PC , range between $1300 and $1500
CPU i7 6700K
what other parts he should get? keep in mind there is shipping cost.

XIII the cell shaded shooter? I loved that game.

Anyway look to the I need a PC thread for PC building advice. Its very comprehensive.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094682

Tizoc

Yeesh the first 30 minutes of Uncharted 4 are pretty uninteresting gameplay-wise. Heck the one 'platforming' area early on was nice but all in all it was pretty meh.

AHA-Lambda

Yeesh the first 30 minutes of Uncharted 4 are pretty uninteresting gameplay-wise. Heck the one 'platforming' area early on was nice but all in all it was pretty meh.

Got an early copy in yesterday and I have to agree. Nice storytelling so far, little meat so far.

I best hide from the crazed UC fans now

The only thing I've read about it yet says that this goes on for a couple hours but then really opens up.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Build my new pc two weeks back to play the latest games....

I've mainly been playing Football Manager, with the occasional Mad Max and Forza 6 thrown in

MazeHaze

Banned
I've been lurking here forever but I figured I should post now that I have my account back. Wanted to thank you guys, this thread is dope, just got a PC last month and I never realized how much I was missing out on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom