• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

beyond good and evil works perfectly with the steam controller

money well spent

and i love space settings in games

shot00001-2vsj0b.jpg
shot00005-28vkv6.jpg
shot00006-2ofkzk.jpg

Nzyme32

Have fun building it!

All this nvidia news has really got me hankering for an upgrade as well. Oof.

Cheers! Yeah the Nvidia news kind of pushed me over the edge, even though it means having such a nice system but stuck with a gtx560 till June / July when I can get the GTX 1070 and some much needed storage. Better than the laptop though I've been stuck with for 5 years though!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
061Nmjm.png

I don't use the "Not interested" & "Follow" functions. Bookmark the ones that look interesting.

I've been trying to figure out why your numbers are a few hundred more than mine, and I think it's because of the following:
- Games you own will never show up in the queue, but if they were in your queue before you buy them, they still count for your number
- Games removed from sale will never show up in the queue, but if they were in your queue before you buy them, they still count for your number

So basically to get the true maximum number, you'd have to a) own 0 games when the Discovery update happened, and b) every day go through the entire new queue to make sure you vote on everything before things get removed or you buy them. I think I own more games on Steam than you do, and probably did when the Discovery update happened, so that probably explains that. I also tend to buy pre-release bundles from Groupees and activate the games before they come up in my queue.

Any good multiplayer shooters that can run on a potato? And by potato I mean like a roughly 10 year old laptop that was never intended for gaming in the first place.

MazeHaze

Banned
No that makes sense cos it's a better game.

Totally. Only Assasin's Creed I liked was Black Flag, and I just recently played Mordor. What a stellar fucking game from beginning to end. My only nitpick is the story was pretty weak, but combat and stealth were so satisfying.

Ludens

Banned
What was that command line to install a game on Steam which was removed?
It was something like steam/install and the number of the app.

rtcn63

Adobe Acrobat Reader was eating up 50% of my CPU for some reason. There were two instances open under task manager, even though I didn't use Adobe at all today. Doing a malware scan just in case.

Phawx

I messed up on my calculations and have to redo my video as I don't just want to have annotations. I did the % difference instead of the % increase on the 1080. The numbers are as follows:

The 1080 is

214.2857% faster than a 960
109.5238% faster than a 970
69.2308% faster than a 980
and 22% faster than a Titan x

redlacs

about the Dead Island Remastered thats comming up later this month - was there anything that would suggest any sort of initial discount? i'm still missing some DLCs and wouldn't want to miss out just like with the free Darksiders

Soulflarz

Banned
I messed up on my calculations and have to redo my video as I don't just want to have annotations. I did the % difference instead of the % increase on the 1080. The numbers are as follows:

The 1080 is

WTS GTX980

:V

ExoSoul

Banned
So, I post it here, maybe it can be usefull for other people playing DS3 too who don't want to go for the full game other two times.

You can get all endings in a single playthrough, and this is the way to achieve them:

-
Do all the steps in order to achieve the requirements to get The Usurpation of Fire ending. At the same time, you NEED to recover the Firekeeper's eye from Untended Grave and give them to the Firekeeper. Now proceed with the game until you defeat all Lords of the Cinder.
-BEFORE offering their ashes to the throne room, make a back-up of the save stored in username/appdata/localroaming called Dark Souls 3.
-Now complete the game for the first time, and you will get The Usurpation of Fire ending.
-Delete the save in appdata and replace it with the one you made a back-up before.
-Now you need to heal your hollow status. To do so you need to talk with the Firekeeper and select the proper option. she will need a LOT of souls in order to heal you, but no problem: simply sell EVERYTHING you have in your inventory, included bosses souls, armor, weapons, everything: you only need your estus and a couple of embers just in case.
-Now quit the game again and made a second back-up of your save stored into appdata/localroaming. Save it in a different place from the first back-up, because you will still need your first back-up.
-Ok, now proceed to defeat the last boss again. You have two option now: interact with the bonfire, in which case you will get the To Link the First Flame ending, or interact with the summon sign, and doing so will grant you the The End of Fire ending.
-Now depending from your choice, simply delete the actual save stored into appdata and apply the second back-up you did.
-Go and defeat the last boss for the last time: now just do the opposite choice you did the last time.

Now you have all the endings without needing to go for the full game 2x times.

1 - using back up data can get you banned by from soft due to the desynch between the local save and the online save, but since you'd be at a deficit of items you should be fine. Still risky but not the worst case scenario.
2 - you don't need to
heal the hollowing
3 -
There's actually two versions of The End of Fire, one if you let it play out and another if you strike the firekeeper as it fades to black

When can you screw up? I am almost to boreal (about to fight that giant bone worm then go there.

You are already screwed up if you haven't followed a plot line.
You need to draw out your true strenght with the basic sorcery teacher 5 times before the abyss watchers to even get that quest-line started

The 1080 is

Seven significant digits?

In any case, it is not as big a difference as I had been led to expect based on what (little) I had read. It'll be interesting to see how well these cards performs on a more diverse range of games, once Nvidia have made them available to the public, as I expect that these particular results were selected to put the 1080 in a good light.

Red Hood

Banned
Anyone played Dex before? Looks straight up my alley, but €20 is a little too much I think. I haven't seen it going lower than 50% on Steam. Also, it doesn't help that I'm fairly certain this'll feature in a bundle not very long from now either.

How often do you guys see gameplay or a screenshot of some game and say " That looks fun, let me check how much it is on Steam" only to discover that you already own it?

It has happened to 3 times this week.

zkylon

zkylewd
way of the samurai is like 10 bucks on humble bundle, nice

i'll get it when it's on steam so i can use my steamwallet change

decided against stellaris since i don't think i got the time for it right now

WE ESPORTS NAU
yeah i've ran across this kind of stuff but it doesn't really work if the other team stops for one second and picks some solutions

I don't think budgets make good movies. Or the other way around. Phone Booth was a pretty cool movie (has been some time tho) and that only has one setpiece and like two actors.
i don't know why you got that out of my comment

i'm saying it's kind of depressing that this movie was so expensive to make when it's this barebones

at least if you're gonna spend all that money spend it on SOMETHING

Too bad i already got spoiled on the ending before. It's kind a pointless to watch a mystery movie if you already know the answer.
it's not much of a mystery since there's no real tension about it

it's like, oh ok, that's what it was, who cares, oh wait they're doing like really dumb action scenes out of nowhere ok i guess this movie could get worse

How often do you guys see gameplay or a screenshot of some game and say " That looks fun, let me check how much it is on Steam" only to discover that you already own it?

It has happened to 3 times this week.

At least you discovered that you already owned them .. I have accidentally purchased several games (and DLC) multiple times, since I used to be pretty bad at adding bundle-keys to Steam and had a habit of buying games on Steam as gifts which I activated once I wanted to play them.

Tellaerin

Anyone played Dex before? Looks straight up my alley, but €20 is a little too much I think. I haven't seen it going lower than 50% on Steam. Also, it doesn't help that I'm fairly certain this'll feature in a bundle not very long from now either.

I'm waiting for Dex to hit 75% off.

I've been waiting since August 15, 2014 (the date I wishlisted it).

Still not as bad as ClaDun x2, which never seems to go on sale at all.

Backlogger

The 1080 is

I'm thinking of getting the 1070 to replace my R9 290. I just can't justify the cost of the 1080 as much as I'd like to get it.

Ludens

Banned
1 - using back up data can get you banned by from soft due to the desynch between the local save and the online save, but since you'd be at a deficit of items you should be fine. Still risky but not the worst case scenario.
2 - you don't need to
heal the hollowing
3 -
There's actually two versions of The End of Fire, one if you let it play out and another if you strike the firekeeper as it fades to black

You are already screwed up if you haven't followed a plot line.
You need to draw out your true strenght with the basic sorcery teacher 5 times before the abyss watchers to even get that quest-line started
Eh, but if the desync stuff is true, I'm screwed because I restored my original back-up after I got the ending. I think this can't cause a ban, otherwise I would see the message of suspicious save when I played later today. I think you can get banned if the game notices you have stuff, like weapons or souls, popped out of nowhere if you cheat to get them, because the game memorizes the fact X enemy dropped N item and you used it to upgrade Y weapon. After all From itself suggested to back-up your data, so what's the point on banning people who used one?

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4h498o/psa_it_is_completely_safe_to_backup_save_files/

There should be a timestamp on From servers of each back-up, so if you don't have hacked content, you should be safe because the server recognizes the save as your.

Shantom

The Humble spring sale is kind of sad. Its like they got 10 good games and have to stretch them out for the duration

I bought 4 things today (Euro Truck Scandinavia, Way of the Samurai 4, both Toejam and Earl games) so I'm pretty pleased with it. That Build Your Own Sega bundle is great if you're one of the two people who don't have Valkyria/Alien/TW/Sonic Racing by now, too.

Lomax

I'm debating between:

Way of the Samurai 4 ($9, will certainly be cheaper)
Lego Jurassic World ($8.50, will only be cheaper once it gets a base price drop)
Humble Eye Candy ($9 to go to top tier, four games)
Humble Monthly ($12, Rocket League + mystery bundle)

I don't play multiplayer games (not counting MMOs) so I'm iffy on Rocket League. WotS4 is probably the one I want most, but it will be cheaper. I really want Evoland II, but I'm sure it will be rebundled, and I only kinda want the three BTA games (the $1 tier is a given, so I don't factor that in). And I have a ton of Lego games I haven't played yet, so I really don't need another one. And yet it would only be roughly $40 to get all of it...

On a certain level, relatively meaningless mental debates like this seem to be what I enjoy most about PC gaming/collecting. At least it must be, because I sure do buy way more games than I ever play.

Playing The Silent Age. They are not informed about time zones:

Clearly it's Amsterdam, Missouri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom