• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
I don't know why people hold Miyazaki in such high esteem when he allowed this covenant bullshit to happen in Dark Souls 3. At least the DS2 team had bypasses for the shittier stuff.

Who would think that covenants that are centred around defending an area would have the upper hand and make areas harder..
Don't go around in ember form until you're low on estus

Grief.exe

Stellaris at 9 am Pacific tomorrow

My9N6mj.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Who would think that covenants that are centred around defending an area would have the upper hand and make areas harder..
Don't go around in ember form until you're low on estus

Blade of the Darkmoon is a shit grind no matter which way you slice the pie. It's shitty to do legitimately (what I am attempting to do now) and it's trash to rely on drop rates of AI. And I don't want to push into NG+2 until it's done because I'd rather not have to grind NG+2 silver knights.

Grief.exe

Blade of the Darkmoon is a shit grind no matter which way you slice the pie. It's shitty to do legitimately (what I am attempting to do now) and it's trash to rely on drop rates of AI.

Hopefully they listen to fans and give us a shortcut to some of these spells for the achievements when I start diving into this grind.

Need to finish the set.

EkME2Nj.png

Red Hood

Banned
I hate it when games make DLC achievements part of the standard game and as a result I can't get 100% unless I buy useless DLC.

49897d18730586bc6a8a9e5586a09762.jpg

(game in question is Rocket League)

fallout

I hate it when games make DLC achievements part of the standard game and as a result I can't get 100% unless I buy useless DLC.

All of Rocket League's DLC is cosmetic.

Achievements are cosmetic.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I had 100% in Shadow of Mordor and then they released that excuse of a season pass with some really painful ones :(

Rocket League is legit. Played for several hours this weekend and got almost 50% achievements already. I'm still struggling at heading the ball properly though.

I get the feeling i'm missing out by not giving overwatch a chance.
I'll continue to resist :V

You're not alone..

Blade of the Darkmoon is a shit grind no matter which way you slice the pie. It's shitty to do legitimately (what I am attempting to do now) and it's trash to rely on drop rates of AI. And I don't want to push into NG+2 until it's done because I'd rather not have to grind NG+2 silver knights.
Proof of Concord are by far the worst. Took me ~8hrs of straight up mindless grind at 449 Item Discovery (respecced to 99LCK) and around 1,5m souls at the end. All others are mundane to farm compared to this.

BHK3

Banned
Something I want is on sale in the Humble Store, it says I will receive keys when I buy it. Is it possible for me to pay someone who's subscribed to the Humble Monthly for the extra 10% off on the store and they can just give me the keys?

I don't want to wait until the summer sale for Dying Light: The Following and it'll be at about the same price when it goes on sale anyway.

yuraya

The
Dancer
boss fight in DS3 might very well be the most beautiful boss fight in any game ever. Its visually brilliant.
Nightmare fuel when he starts doing that spinning shit and just fucks you up so badly along the corners of that room while its in flames. So much chaos and destruction while chasing you as you are rolling away lol.

These FROM software guys.... They really are in a league of their own.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Put your mind to it and you can achieve anything. Don't stoop to cheats!

Just look at this Overwatch player; he killed three dudes posthumously and scored a Player of the Game spotlight (taken from the Overwatch thread).
HXng69V.gif

The corpse falling off the map is the real MVP here.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Proof of Concord are by far the worst. Took me ~8hrs of straight up mindless grind at 449 Item Discovery (respecced to 99LCK) and around 1,5m souls at the end. All others are mundane to farm compared to this.

I think it's faster waiting to be summoned. I'm at 17 total after 2 hours of waiting for summons. And this way I can do other stuff and just tab into the game whenever I see the summon screen. Still tedious and frustrating when it fails.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Put your mind to it and you can achieve anything. Don't stoop to cheats!

Just look at this Overwatch player; he killed three dudes posthumously and scored a Player of the Game spotlight (taken from the Overwatch thread).
HXng69V.gif

I played a game where the Play of the Game was just a Mercy running around the map not doing anything.

Overwatch is really fun. I might have to get it if it ever goes on sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know why people hold Miyazaki in such high esteem when he allowed this covenant bullshit to happen in Dark Souls 3. At least the DS2 team had bypasses for the shittier stuff.
because even an amazing designers make mistakes?

HXng69V.gif
some classes are just like that

also i just had a 19 kill streak on symmetra. she's weird, i'm liking her more lately and she's probably the support i can play most but still, eh...

Decided to take a break from playing Overwatch since that's all I've been doing the past few days and then end up sketching Overwatch stuff.
nice

do u color?

Momentary

Banned
I remember back in the day when Halo first came out people talked about the suit being ripped off of Doom. Now kids are saying Doom is ripping off the Halo suit...

I've never felt so old.

BTW: I want that Doom suit.

How much do you guys think they'll end up selling that thing for during Halloween? You know they are going to make replicas.

Lomax

Just got a 90% off coupon for Porcunipine that I'd be happy to give someone here, but it occurs to me with the new trade rules you probably wouldn't get it for two weeks... ah well.

Grief.exe

I was looking for some Overwatch benchmarks to see if the game would benefit from an i7 hyperthreading, but surprisingly can't find much.

MattyG

Banned
So I'm finally back home for the summer and I'm kinda feeling like I want to try my hand at producing some Youtube content. I only have three reservations: 1) I'm really hesitant to put my voice out there for the public, 2) I really don't know if I'd have anything worthwhile to say anyway, and 3) I have no clue what kind of content to do. I wouldn't want to do just straight up let's plays (though I'd like to do some Fallout 4 gameplay). It'd be cool to start up right around E3, but I just don't know what kind of content to do for those first few steps.

Also, OH MY GOD STELLARIS LOOKS AMAZING. If Uncharted 4 wasn't releasing Tuesday I'd be all over it.

So I'm finally back home for the summer and I'm kinda feeling like I want to try my hand at producing some Youtube content. I only have three reservations: 1) I'm really hesitant to put my voice out there for the public, 2) I really don't know if I'd have anything worthwhile to say anyway, and 3) I have no clue what kind of content to do. I wouldn't want to do just straight up let's plays (though I'd like to do some Fallout 4 gameplay). It'd be cool to start up right around E3, but I just don't know what kind of content to do for those first few steps.

Also, OH MY GOD STELLARIS LOOKS AMAZING. If Uncharted 4 wasn't releasing Tuesday I'd be all over it.
Stellaris will still be there afterwards. Waiting, watching, and growing. Getting ever closer to achieving perfection.

I can't handle this wait...

Stellaris will still be there afterwards. Waiting, watching, and growing. Getting ever closer to achieving perfection.

I can't handle this wait...

I had $40 in Steam Bucks and went with TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan. Stellaris looks good, but it's a 4X by Paradox, it feels like it will be better to pick it up a few expansions down the road. Plus for 4X games I haven't even touched Endless Legend yet.

What is this even?

This series has just gone too far.

Or has Nep Nep not gone too far enough?

I had $40 in Steam Bucks and went with TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan. Stellaris looks good, but it's a 4X by Paradox, it feels like it will be better to pick it up a few expansions down the road. Plus for 4X games I haven't even touched Endless Legend yet.

Stellaris isn't really a 4X. It starts like one, with one planet, some pops, some ships, and a galaxy to explore, but slowly blossoms into a Paradox grand strategy game, which means it focuses on emergent storytelling, overcoming insurmountable odds, and cunning decision-making, vs. traditional, number-based 4X titles. It is pretty much catnip for the soul if you can get into it.

Check out Quill18's Let's Play of Stellaris if you're curious about it. He gives methodical explanation of what's going on as he plays. Very good for new players.

Tizoc

I think U would get more from the first 2 hours of stellaris than u would with uc4's first 2 hours
So i say go all in if stellaris is ur kind of game

zkylon

zkylewd
i hope all the people with who i played overwatch with these days buy it cos it's been super fun to play it with friends (even if some of them keep stealing tracer from me -___-)

i feel really relieved that the ping to na feels like zero, means i got a ton of people to play with

KingBroly

Banned
Street Fighter 5 has sold 1.4 Million Units across PS4 + PC

They really should've delayed the PC version and release it when it's already full of content instead. 150k is not worth it for the negativity surrounding this game that'll affect sales in the long run. There's no going back, those negative reviews will stick for eternity.

I was curious to see how reviews had improved since launch. Still at 53% mixed, which is better than 47% mixed. Still a disaster, IMO. But they clearly overshipped to retail. There simply aren't many people playing the game, playing online, etc. due to the lack of content and how slowly they're fixing stuff.

Deques

new groupees BeMine coming soon, those are usually good ones

one of the games is A-Gents which looks cool

"Mom's Rule" might be a reference to Binding of Isaac (rebirth one would assume), but that seems too high profile and sells a ton to be bundled outside of mybe a humble bundle

A-Gents looks nice, I hope rest of the bundle is good too

I just realized I've never been a member in the group. I'll take an invite as well: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wibblewozzer/

And it's done

Last minute game breaking bugs gotted.

Are we allowed to post our own Steam game gifs in here? I mean the images of the games? I don't really know what they are called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom