• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodooray

We're experimenting with an instant search powered by Algolia, would love to hear feedback!

https://steamdb.info/instantsearch/

Currently the data in search isn't indexed instantly, some changed prices might lag behind.

Hi, would I be able to find any tags at the moment? For example, I can't find anything using 'horror', in that it doesn't seem to be able to find the tag.

Also, what's the possibility of being able to perform NOT searches (eg games NOT VR Support), like how http://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/ does.

Looks good!

xPaw

SteamDB developer and generally a pretty crafty guy.
Nice and quick for me, no way to change the currency yet though?
There indeed isn't yet.

Hi, would I be able to find any tags at the moment? For example, I can't find anything using 'horror', in that it doesn't seem to be able to find the tag.

Also, what's the possibility of being able to perform NOT searches (eg games NOT VR Support), like how http://www.lorenzostanco.com/lab/steam/ does.

Looks good!

Yeah the tags search was broken, it's fixed now.

And I do want to add NOT searches in the future.

I forgot Audiosurf 2 was a thing. I guess it's still in Early Access, huh?

Makes me wonder what ever happened to the Beat Hazard dev. I always liked that one more than the other use-your-own-music games.
Best Story: CoD Modern Warfare
Best gameplay: Battlefield 1
Best visuals: Uncharted 4
Best new idea: Fifa 2016

Best strategy: Overwatch

In completely unrelated news, Stellaris is pretty neat. Over two hours in and I've barely scratched its surface. Very nice soundtrack, too.

oh god hrelp i pressed the BPM button instead of minimise

how do I get out
top right corner there should be a button to click so you can exit

Thank you!

I always forget that gives more options than just "Exit Steam."

BPM: not even once. Dunno why they even have the button there without a controller active. It's dumb.

Mr. Doop

I forgot Audiosurf 2 was a thing. I guess it's still in Early Access, huh?

Makes me wonder what ever happened to the Beat Hazard dev. I always liked that one more than the other use-your-own-music games.

I've never been a big fan of Beat Hazard. I think the music should matter more to the gameplay. It just feels like a twin stick shooter that lets you pick the soundtrack.

Amzin

Did any US people buy Stellaris from Nuuvem? It looks like it's region locked but I thought I saw people talking about it so I was curious.

edit: shakes fist at Veggie
aTYjMwq.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Sweet! As always, I'll buy. I might play X-2 on PC, finished X (for the 4th time) on PS4 last year in May. I've only played X-2 once, when it first came out on PS2.

Heh. Honestly I only learned about it from lashman and posted it here, so props to you still.

I'm excited. Never played a Final Fantasy game. Having all these classics is pretty great. I remember when a friend back in school was talking about playing FFX on his PS2 when it was still new. Never thought I'd see it on PC back then.

chronomac

• Final Fantasy I
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III
    [*]Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy IV: The After Years​
    [*]Final Fantasy V
    [*]Final Fantasy VI
    [*]Final Fantasy VII

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII​
  • Final Fantasy VIII
    [*]Final Fantasy IX
    [*]Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2​
    [*]Final Fantasy XI
  • Final Fantasy XII
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings​
  • Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy Type-0​
    [*]Final Fantasy XIV
  • Final Fantasy XV

mp1990

Banned
How many "git gud" will I receive if I say that I'm still torn between grabbing Overwatch at launch date or not because I'm very bad at it and end up frustrated most of the time? :p

Not trying to pin it down on the game, of course, it's the most fun I've had with an FPS since, well, TF2 lol, but as much as I enjoy it, I can see myself getting really burned out with it in the long run. Seriously, if I try playing with any character that isn't D.va, there's a 95% chance I'll start screaming to my TV two minutes into the match.

Also hell fucking yeah for FFX-X2 on Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There was a XII-2? Or what is that revenant wings thing?

Heh. Honestly I only learned about it from lashman and posted it here, so props to you still.

I'm excited. Never played a Final Fantasy game. Having all these classics is pretty great. I remember when a friend back in school was talking about playing FFX on his PS2 when it was still new. Never thought I'd see it on PC back then.

our source is the same...lol

Soulflarz

Banned
I never beat ff10

maybe I should finally kill the final boss so I can add it to my games completed list like I did with ff7 when I picked up my save from when I was like 5 :V

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
We're experimenting with an instant search powered by Algolia, would love to hear feedback!

https://steamdb.info/instantsearch/

Currently the data in search isn't indexed instantly, some changed prices might lag behind.

1) Doesn't work with roman numeral stuff. Try searching for "Dark Souls 3". No results.

2) Extended unicode characters seem to trip up the search. Try searching for "Dark Souls III". Notice that only "Dark" and "III" match, because Souls has a trademark symbol. If you just search "Dark Souls" it'll do the partial word completion (just like how if you do "Souls" you get "Soulstorm") but the second you put a space after "Souls" it only does full word matching.

I do a lot of text matching and searching stuff in my day job. My advice: strip all non-alphanumeric characters, convert all roman numerals to arabic numerals in both the database and searching.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Nice, bought it on Vita a couple of years ago and then dropped immediately because I couldn't read shit, so will double-dip :D

Also, seems to have both OSTs like the PS4 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom