• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

980ti's are going for decent prices on ebay. A bit of a challenge to find one <$400 but it's pretty easy to find one for 400-450.

FLD

Awesome. Is it 2 in 1 or separate in library?

From what I can tell, it looks like a single app. I really hope it's not. It makes sense when both have to be on the same disc but there's no reason to merge them like that on Steam, I'd rather each had their own separate entry like the rest of the series. :/

980ti's are going for decent prices on ebay. A bit of a challenge to find one <$400 but it's pretty easy to find one for 400-450.

I wonder what's gonna happen to the retail prices once the newer cards are out and the performance is anything close to what NVIDIA says it is...I've never really followed graphics card pricing before so no idea what usually happens

So what exactly is left on that leak list from Xmas?

I think I remember seeing Steins gate and Phantom brave

also HL3 ayyy lmao

Jawmuncher

I'd be all over that if I didn't buy it on PS4 and Vita. I hope we get 12 soon. Unless that comes to vita, I'll totally buy that on PC over PS4.

Adnor

Banned
  • Final Fantasy I
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III
    [*]Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy IV: The After Years​
    [*]Final Fantasy V
    [*]Final Fantasy VI
    [*]Final Fantasy VII

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII​
  • Final Fantasy VIII
    [*]Final Fantasy IX
    [*]Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2​
    [*]Final Fantasy XI
  • Final Fantasy XII
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings​
  • Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy Type-0​
    [*]Final Fantasy XIV
  • Final Fantasy XV

And still no sign of Final Fantasy Tactics for PC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is tactics on any system that would make a PC port viable? Like is it on mobile?

So...have SE totally forgotten that they have android versions of I / II ready to port

I assumed we'd get those before we'd ever have gotten X/X2 and IX of all things. They're the only two that I haven't actually played lol.

Jawmuncher

So...have SE totally forgotten that they have android versions of I / II ready to port

I assumed we'd get those before we'd ever have gotten X/X2 and IX of all things. They're the only two that I haven't actually played lol.

Yeah the lack of 1 & 2 are the biggest oddities. Since they should have been brought over awhile ago. Unless perhaps they're trying to bring over better versions. The ios versions are fine, but the PSP versions have better music for example.

-----

I wonder if they'd ever bring Chaos Rings to Steam. I would rebuy those. 1, 2, and Omega are amazing.
Never played 3 though.

Soulflarz

Banned
I was thinking more of your friends believing you are playing Dress Simulator instead of X.

it's the other way

you can now play dress sim without your friends having any idea, since who would assume you're playing that

actually when I bought it for the vita from gamestop someone had already stolen my code for x-2. I went back to say this, and they believed me because their logic was
A) we keep our games out, anyone could have nabbed it, and
B) "I believe you because its Final Fantasy X-2, and no one who actually bought X actually wants another copy of X-2"

sadblob

it's the other way

you can now play dress sim without your friends having any idea, since who would assume you're playing that

actually when I bought it for the vita from gamestop someone had already stolen my code for x-2. I went back to say this, and they believed me because their logic was
A) we keep our games out, anyone could have nabbed it, and
B) "I believe you because its Final Fantasy X-2, and no one who actually bought X actually wants another copy of X-2"
Lol. To be fair I think X-2 is pretty good, too bad I couldn't get 100% cause some of the bosses were obscenely overpowered for me.

I sometimes feel like i'm the only one who unironically likes the minigames.

It's cool if you enjoy them. I'm there for the murder mysteries. I want to piece together clues and figure out who the murderer was and how they did it. I don't know why this has to be interspersed with rhythm games, hangman and fucking fruit ninja gameplay.

I don't know if anyone has ever thought that their VN experience would be enhanced by adding agility/precision based minigames and fail states.

How many "git gud" will I receive if I say that I'm still torn between grabbing Overwatch at launch date or not because I'm very bad at it and end up frustrated most of the time? :p

Not trying to pin it down on the game, of course, it's the most fun I've had with an FPS since, well, TF2 lol, but as much as I enjoy it, I can see myself getting really burned out with it in the long run.

I've enjoyed Overwatch thoroughly and I have it pre-ordered too, but I still feel that this is not going to come close to holding my attention as long as TF2 did, for example. The game is just not built that way. It feels like something you jump into once in a while instead of something that becomes your main multiplayer jam for a significant period of time.

hesho

• Final Fantasy I
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III
    [*]Final Fantasy IV
    Final Fantasy IV: The After Years​
    [*]Final Fantasy V
    [*]Final Fantasy VI
    [*]Final Fantasy VII

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII​
  • Final Fantasy VIII
    [*]Final Fantasy IX
    [*]Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2​
    [*]Final Fantasy XI
  • Final Fantasy XII
    Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings​
  • Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIII-2
    Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy Type-0​
    [*]Final Fantasy XIV
  • Final Fantasy XV

it is missing FFIV Complete collection. The 2d version of it that is.

zkylon

zkylewd
i kind of always wanted to play 10-2 after watching that weird jpop thing but i don't think i could stand that crap today lol

also how long until overwatch beta is dead?

i didn't even have dinner yet -___-

Corpekata

Banned
1 and 2 at this point are mostly historical curiosities so I'd bet they port them eventually, but mostly after everything else on the docket.

Jawmuncher

i kind of always wanted to play 10-2 after watching that weird jpop thing but i don't think i could stand that crap today lol

also how long until overwatch beta is dead?

i didn't even have dinner yet -___-

How could you not want to rehearse for a concert?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8n5t44V2Z0

1 and 2 at this point are mostly historical curiosities so I'd bet they port them eventually, but mostly after everything else on the docket.
1 I think still holds up decently, even if it's rather basic now. 2 on the other hand is so odd. People dying left and right, really weird systems in place. I didn't hate my time with it, but I would never go back and play ot.

Oh wow, I didn't know this thread was a thing, definitely need to come more to the Community forums. Subscribed.

Welcome.

yuraya

So many bad anime games on Steam....

I think its time for a Humble Final Fantasy Bundle.

Lightning Returns for a buck pls.

Jawmuncher

Aren't most of the FF's ports on steam sort of trashy though?

7, 8, & 9 are pretty good.
3, 4, 5, 6 are ok, not impressive but they work.
XIII, XIII-2, and Lightning Returns are better than the console versions if you have the specs but they are a bit picky.
Type-0 after patches is pretty good, though it's locked to 30fps.

Overall the ports are at worst ok. But still better than nothing.

Lomax

So many bad anime games on Steam....

I think its time for a Humble Final Fantasy Bundle.

Lightning Returns for a buck pls.

I think we actually are due for a Final Fantasy bundle. They put a few in their last mystery bundle, and some of them have actually been on Steam for quite a while now. That and they are running out of Eidos games to bundle.

Valahart

7, 8, & 9 are pretty good.
3, 4, 5, 6 are ok, not impressive but they work.
XIII, XIII-2, and Lightning Returns are better than the console versions if you have the specs but they are a bit picky.
Type-0 after patches is pretty good, though it's locked to 30fps.

Overall the ports are at worst ok. But still better than nothing.

I've always been curious about the XIII saga. Good to know if I go PC it's the best option.

I'll probably stick with the GBA/DS versions of the ones available though.

EDIT: so I'm only noticing now why all the FF talk. I had no idea X/X-2 were releasing this week. I've been wanting to get that on PS4 for a long time. Might change to steam. I'll just wait for impressions on the port.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Aren't most of the FF's ports on steam sort of trashy though?

7kyiyP6.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's been untouched in SteamDB for a while, so it was probably just waiting for IX release.

Yeah, but the history suggests Squeenix worked on the port for only ~five months. That's fairly impressive for two full-length titles... well, provided the port isn't a mess. I assumed that Squeenix halted development to double down on FFIX.

Valahart

Most FF ports are on par with console versions. But yes, on par is not good enough but I wouldn't call them trashy. Some of them are better though, if your PC os beefy enough.

I've never actually played any of them. It's just that everytime I thought about buying any the steam reviews would call them poor ports and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom