• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Nice, I will get FFX/X-2, even if...it wasn't planned. I mean, I know the game was coming, but I didn't know it would come in TWO days.

But anyway I'm in, I spent the hell out of time when I was a kid on X.

Anyway I don't understand if this version is based on the PS4 version or PS3 one, because in the store page there's only the new OST listed as feature, while on PS4 and PS4 only you can choose between the original (vastly superior) OST and the new one.

kagamin

Nice, I will get FFX/X-2, even if...it wasn't planned. I mean, I know the game was coming, but I didn't know it would come in TWO days.

But anyway I'm in, I spent the hell out of time when I was a kid on X.

Anyway I don't understand if this version is based on the PS4 version or PS3 one, because in the store page there's only the new OST listed as feature, while on PS4 and PS4 only you can choose between the original (vastly superior) OST and the new one.

FFX better have the old OST, otherwise I don't wanna play it. :L

Deques

Is there any comparison of the soundtracks that I can listen to?

Yeah, soundtracks are quite different, but I won't complain.

I'll take it as a 'new feature' so I can somewhat experience the game in a refreshing way with the new soundtracks.

xPaw

SteamDB developer and generally a pretty crafty guy.
1) Doesn't work with roman numeral stuff. Try searching for "Dark Souls 3". No results.

2) Extended unicode characters seem to trip up the search. Try searching for "Dark Souls III". Notice that only "Dark" and "III" match, because Souls has a trademark symbol. If you just search "Dark Souls" it'll do the partial word completion (just like how if you do "Souls" you get "Soulstorm") but the second you put a space after "Souls" it only does full word matching.

I do a lot of text matching and searching stuff in my day job. My advice: strip all non-alphanumeric characters, convert all roman numerals to arabic numerals in both the database and searching.

Nice catch, will look into fixing that. Funnily enough searching for DS3 works, as it generates acronyms and converts roman numerals.

Ludens

Banned
The OST fact is strange, because one of the selling point of the PS4 version was the possibility to switch between original and rearranged ost...and on Steam is only reported the second option.

kagamin

I assume youve never heard of this thing called mods ;)

That's weird considering my copy of Dark Souls is all rainbow UI and crap with comic sans font and White Mage Robes too. As long as its not as annoying as FF8's music replacement mod was to download, I'm down.

Deques

The OST fact is strange, because one of the selling point of the PS4 version was the possibility to switch between original and rearranged ost...and on Steam is only reported the second option.

The description says include the remaster version, not that it's only remaster version. That's how I interpret it

zkylon

zkylewd
ended up buying stellaris anyways

regional pricing, nuuvem, mod support, paradox, all things i wanna support so yeah, i'll play it when i play it

nope, cat girls suck

0srdXxf.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Woodle Tree Adventures -- MB-E527E3819779D71B - Taken by Insert Coin

bjaelke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stellaris -- MB-AB258E09EB4465A9 - Taken by Cth. 84 entrants total.

t1462953936z1.png
#MakeSpaceGreatAgain

Lol, when you think of it, the port of FFX/X-2 HD was done nearly 1 year ago. Square-Enix never announced it. And now, they stealth release it in 2 days, without EVEN a PR to say it's coming to Steam.
Wtf is wrong with this company and Steam ?

I wonder what price FFX - X-2 will be. I need to buy those, but I'm afraid the price will be too high for me

Highly likely at $30 with soft first week discount as usual from SE. So $15 for each game.

Lol, when you think of it, the port of FFX/X-2 HD was done nearly 1 year ago. Square-Enix never announced it. And now, they stealth release it in 2 days, without EVEN a PR to say it's coming to Steam.

They're still testing the water, after all these years. :p

Highly likely at $30 with soft first week discount as usual from SE. So $15 for each game.

They're still testing the water, after all these years. :p

I mean, hot damn, not even a single post on social medias. Not a single PR line, not even a tweet. It's like someone else is publishing it, without their permission and them not acknowledging :D
THey did the same with FFIX, it still managed 130k of sales, but it makes you wonder how stupid they can be, considering how a bigger reach they could get.
I expect FFXV to be announced by an OEM like MSI or Asus for a laptop or graphic card thing, with no single word from SE :D

Deques

Why do think that the port was done a year ago?

Even so, they stealth released FFIX with no PR at all, except that it has been in upcoming list in Steam. It still managed to sell over 100k copies in a week or so. FFX will not have a problem to sell

Arthea

they like their stealth releases
I also wonder why they think that steam FFs don't need any PR whatsoever, makes no sense

Why do think that the port was done a year ago?

Even so, they stealth released FFIX with no PR at all, except that it has been in upcoming list in Steam. It still managed to sell over 100k copies in a week or so. FFX will not have a problem to sell

SteamDB. The last meaningful update to the game was 9 months ago and the work started more than a year ago. Which means the game was finished 9 months ago, considering other updates didn't had anything but the store listing.

And yes, FFIX did well, but it just means it could've done better without a stealth release. I know FFX will sell well.

they like their stealth releases
I also wonder why they think that steam FFs don't need any PR whatsoever, makes no sense

I don't know either :p

Tizoc

Remind me if wishlist also shows how well rated a game is on steam? Time i cut down on my wishlist since some of the indie titles on it dont interest me anymore

Deques

SteamDB. The last meaningful update to the game was 9 months ago and the work started more than a year ago. Which means the game was finished 9 months ago, considering other updates didn't had anything but the store listing.

And yes, FFIX did well, but it just means it could've done better without a stealth release. I know FFX will sell well.

I am not sure that being listed in SteamDB means that the game is finished. It could be a placeholder for the game. Can someone with SteamDB-fu knowledge answer this?

I mean, hot damn, not even a single post on social medias. Not a single PR line, not even a tweet. It's like someone else is publishing it, without their permission and them not acknowledging :D
THey did the same with FFIX, it still managed 130k of sales, but it makes you wonder how stupid they can be, considering how a bigger reach they could get.
I expect FFXV to be announced by an OEM like MSI or Asus for a laptop or graphic card thing, with no single word from SE :D

At this rate, that's highly possible.

Considering how they announced Type-0 last year in a small gaming event in Taiwan..

Remind me if wishlist also shows how well rated a game is on steam? Time i cut down on my wishlist since some of the indie titles on it dont interest me anymore

I don't think so. Maybe short them by date added to filter them better at least.

I'm glad I always keep my wishlist at 25-30 max.

Miff

Korean MMO RPG Tree of Savior goes free to play in about an hour (OT here). It's a game that, IMO, boils down to collection and crafting (seriously I have like 150 ingredients and recipes in my inventory and can't craft anything, because I can't be bothered grinding for 0.01% drops). Progress is driven via a questing system that involves very creative use of trigger systems (kill X enemies, kill X enemies within a radius, etc.). The artwork is lush.

The AI is a bit lacking, and later levels are a grind. Typical F2P fare where you can purchase 'bonus EXP' tokens. There's been complaints over lag and bots, but I've been playing on the quieter [EU]Fedimian server and it's very playable. Whether that will be the case after F2P tho... Overall a flawed but fun diversion, but not enough to make you forget that there are better (paid) experiences to be had.

-----------------

Further modding is being done on Valkyria Chronicles (link here). This follows the Gallian Crossfire rebalance mod released a while ago. I haven't touched either of them as my interest has long passed. Change list here for anyone interested.

-----------------

I hear from Twitter that it's Maid Day? What's not to like?

I am not sure that being listed in SteamDB means that the game is finished. It could be a placeholder for the game. Can someone with SteamDB-fu knowledge answer this?

It was extensively updated for 5 months then they stopped updated it 9 months ago. And it was updates specific to this app. It means 1 year ago they kept updating a package. They stopped 9 months ago and 6 days ago they just updated infos for release.
I'm not saying it was finished because it was listed on Steamdb but because it was listed 1 year ago and updated often for 5 months then left aside for 9 months.

At this rate, that's highly possible.

Considering how they announced Type-0 last year in a small gaming event in Taiwan..

I don't think so. Maybe short them by date added to filter them better at least.

I'm glad I always keep my wishlist at 25-30 max.

Yup, I was referencing that lol. The game was announced because MSI said it will be bundled with their next laptop lol.

wilflare

time to buy all the Final Fantasy games on Steam.
I really like the soundtrack on FFX and Yuna - but the game just feels so "empty", style over substance :/

Saty

Konami Financials

(iii) Outlook for the Fiscal Year Ending March 31, 2017

As for computer and video games, in April 2 016, we released JIKKYOU PAWAFURU PUROYAKYU 2016, the latest, long-awaited title in the series, as well as started the simultaneous distribution of JIKKYOU PAWAFURU PUROYAKYU SUCCESS SPECIAL, an online-only title that is free of charge for basic functionality. Players, items of the title, developed in JIKKYOU PAWAFURU PUROYAKYU SUCCESS SPECIAL can also be used in JIKKYOU PAWAFURU PUROYAKYU 2016. This is expected to offer new ways to enjoy the series.We intend to continue global introduction of titles that have been carefully chosen according to selection and concentration.

Furthermore, the new game mod myClub, which has been adopted for the Winning Eleven series (known in overseas as the Pro Evolution Soccer series), is expected to provide a sustained enjoyment to our customers. As we continue to move with the times and take on new challenges, we aim to create and provide “Valuable Time” to customers, including through the production of new games that utilize virtual reality (VR) and the serious development of e-Sports.

Kudo

Square works in funny ways, that's for sure.

Ludens

Banned
The description says include the remaster version, not that it's only remaster version. That's how I interpret it

The remastered version of the OST was the "base" version of FFX/X-2 on PS3. So this is why I asked the question: if SE listed "it includes the original version of the soundtrack" that was ok, because the original OST as I wrote was the selling point of FFX PS4 version, since a lot of users argued because the remastered OST is kinda crappy (and I agree).

So there's the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom