• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

So I finally get some time away from work and the bombshell that Final Fantasy X/X-2 is popping up on Steam in 2 days. Must be a sign. Although I've got plenty of unfinished business with Dark Souls III.

How you all keeping SteamGAF? No drama or meltdowns of note recently?

Arthea

So I finally get some time away from work and the bombshell that Final Fantasy X/X-2 is popping up on Steam in 2 days. Must be a sign. Although I've got plenty of unfinished business with Dark Souls III.

the was that drama about Rhak being heartbroken that you disappeared.
Other than that business as usual.
Also you should play Stardew Valley, trust me on this.

I loved it. It's definitely in the style of Dont' Starve, but with a more driven narritive/structure - you are floating down a river after all; no back tracking.

I had this to say about it:

Thank you for that, it sounds like something I'd enjoy based on the soundtrack and art style alone. Is there trap building in the game? I could have sworn that I saw a video of the girl making a spiked-spring trap to attack a wolf of sorts?

fenners

Thank you for that, it sounds like something I'd enjoy based on the soundtrack and art style alone. Is there trap building in the game? I could have sworn that I saw a video of the girl making a spiked-spring trap to attack a wolf of sorts?

Yep, trap building is a thing for sure.

Ban Puncher

tumblr_nr778ePYxj1uzwbyjo1_500.gif

Khimera is alright. There's a lot of charm and humor.
The jumping controls aren't the greatest, which is bad news in a platformer with spikes, lava, and pits.

Project Cars GOTY is now available
http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/349/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1
header_586x192.jpg

for 50€ unfortunately
Nice. I like Complete Editions.
So was this port begging? Seems to be opposite of what mods have suggested in the steam thread about such topics. I need some clarification so I don't run into trouble.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216451
I understood it that way that such talk is fine here but making threads is not OK since they'd die off shortly and once or twice every month there would be a repeat thread. Not sure.

He lives! Rhaknar stopped talking Brit slang.

This IGN review of Stellaris doesn't sounds that good. Biggest gripe being that early game shines from social micromanagement but from midgame on, that gets taken out (?) and uninteresting grind is left.
he social aspect of CKII was always most interesting for me. What you Stellaris fans say about this? It's very downvoted, so I can only assume not in-depth reviewed.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Anyone selling Civilization V Complete Edition on the cheap?

Or, does anyone know if Civilization V Complete Edition is on sale anywhere right now?

http://youtu.be/9FcM-VBTViU

First hour of gameplay for Homefront: The Revolution on PC from Eurogamer...they say they're on a PC that's a pretty good bit above Recommended specs and playing at the default graphics options but the performance at times gets bogged down and freezes up a time or two

Pre-release so it's possible there's a patch or driver updates that could remedy things but this is all we can go off of right now

Tizoc

This IGN review of Stellaris doesn't sounds that good. Biggest gripe being that early game shines from social micromanagement but from midgame on, that gets taken out (?) and uninteresting grind is left.
he social aspect of CKII was always most interesting for me. What you Stellaris fans say about this? It's very downvoted, so I can only assume not in-depth reviewed.
Did you only read that one review for stellaris?

bjaelke

With 68,000 simultaneous players on the day of release, Stellaris also managed to de-throne the publisher’s other recent success Cities: Skylines, which previously held their record for highest amount of concurrent players at launch. Less than 24 hours after release, Stellaris has sold over 200,000 units, breaking the revenue record for any of Paradox Interactive’s previous titles during the same time period. For the internal development studio, the game has broken every record available and is the studio's fastest selling game ever.
Stellaris Day One Sales Breaks Paradox Records

That gives me an excuse to plug my own give away

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stellaris -- MB-AB258E09EB4465A9 - Taken by Cth. 84 entrants total.

t1462953936z1.png

Another observation about Danganronpa 2... they really doubled down on the fan service. Blatant, unabashed fan service.

Anyway, the Redeem Gwent website seems to be up again. This for those folks who are interested in buying physical card sets for Gwent, and the new Blood and Wine cards seem to be available now.

kagamin

From the Steam page said:
Part human, part oni, golem and harpy! The list goes on and on! Born in a lab, Chelshia the chimera is the world's first synthetic monster girl. When her monster inhabited island home is threatened by a band of looting pirates, she springs into action to save the day!

Never would've guessed...

Tizoc

Another observation about Danganronpa 2... they really doubled down on the fan service. Blatant, unabashed fan service.

Anyway, the Redeem Gwent website seems to be up again. This for those folks who are interested in buying physical card sets for Gwent, and the new Blood and Wine cards seem to be available now.

Needed more naked Nekomaru and GUNDHAM TANAKA though.

Started Witcher 3 at launch...got through the tutorial area with all of the quests and side stuff but stopped when I started having some performance issues...many patches/changes later and with both expansions out once it's May 31st I may finally get the expansion pass and restart...might be the first thing I do after upgrading graphics cards in a couple months

Basically everything past the tutorial will be new to me

Fox318

Man the number of dating sims on steam is nuts.

But hey its good that the genre now has a visible marketplace for people.

derExperte

Is it possible to complete Fallout 4's main story without ever doing the crafting thing? I'm at the beginning, they want me to built them some beds and I'm like 'lalala, can't hear you in my power armor, gotta go'.

Ruruja

Is it possible to complete Fallout 4's main story without ever doing the crafting thing? I'm at the beginning, they want me to built them some beds and I'm like 'bye'.

After that tutorial part pretty much yes, there's another potential crafting part near the end but nothing major.

Knurek

To get the limited edition of Blood and Bones (two new Gwent decks) or to just stick with the GOG code...

The cards are great, sure, but I'm not sure whether they are worth the €12 premium...

€13 for the code, €24 for the boxed version.

Decisions, decisions.

Stitch

Gold Member
First hour of gameplay for Homefront: The Revolution on PC from Eurogamer...they say they're on a PC that's a pretty good bit above Recommended specs and playing at the default graphics options but the performance at times gets bogged down and freezes up a time or two

Intel i7 with a GTX 960.... yeah, that card isn't the best and maybe they turned some setting to high.

Performance is better in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1FGpxZF6L0

Hektor

After that tutorial part pretty much yes, there's another potential crafting part near the end but nothing major.

I had to cheat my way through that because i couldn't be bothered to grind. Who wants to grind materials in a Fallout game i ask? That said, it wasn't worth it.

Or rather, Fallout 4 in its entirety wasn't worth it.

To get the limited edition of Blood and Bones (two new Gwent decks) or to just stick with the GOG code...

The cards are great, sure, but I'm not sure whether they are worth the €12 premium...

Decisions, decisions.

Gwent is a terribly imbalanced game, i'd never pay any real money towards that.
It's kinda unfortunate really, because Gewnt as a game in on itself is pretty fun. Just ruined by 90% of the cards beeing objectively worthless tash.

If you wanna play a balanced cardgame, put that money towards a Yugioh starter deck.

Deques

Decisions, decisions.

Go for the card edition, I sure will buy it when it's available. Still need to play Witcher 3

Not really drama or meltdown quality, but the new Nvidia cards were released and you know that got us buzzing around like Wall Street investors. Exciting cards coming.

And Overwatch is badass but not coming to Steam. They need to change the end-of-round voting so you can't vote for yourself but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom