• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModBot said:
[
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

ODD||EVEN -- MB-8183E45A95CCE676 - Taken by Dangerblade
ODD||EVEN #2 -- MB-68AD803A636B359D - Taken by dave is ok
Puzzle game

Knurek

Wow Disney pulling the plus in Disney Infinity is crazy. Makes sense though, the series has been on clearance numerous times and not even Star Wars boosted it up very much. Shame since their figures are rather nice. I already have the Tron ones though, so I'm good.

Makes more sense now as to why they cut PC support earlier this year.

Not even Steam and GOG could save Disney?

MadGear

So I'm currently playing the Deathinitive Edition of Darksiders 2. I have forgotten how strong the Rule of Three is with this one. Find 3 of that, do 3 of that, kill 3 of those, ... . To be fair they make good use of that rule but its painfully obvious with this game.
Despite some technical issues (at least on my end) like shadow flickering and rare framerate issues this game still looks amazing. I hope that if nordic ever works on a third game that they are able to reproduce the look of the first two games, they just have to.

Jawmuncher

Not even Steam and GOG could save Disney?
I mean they haven't done anything aside from release old games. Good old games, but old games nonetheless.

I think it's time for a Red Alert reboot, set in the current world with Donald Trump.

Why EA can't through us a bone and just give us C&C HDs of the Westwood games is beyond me. IMO as soon as generals started the series died

Lol, when you think of it, the port of FFX/X-2 HD was done nearly 1 year ago. Square-Enix never announced it. And now, they stealth release it in 2 days, without EVEN a PR to say it's coming to Steam.
Wtf is wrong with this company and Steam ?
let the great experiment continue!

gurm3n

Neo Member
I think it's time for a Red Alert reboot, set in the current world with Donald Trump.

- This is Trump.
- President, I'm afraid we have a heck of a situation down here.
(...)
- It's general Carville. Mexican invation confirmed.

It would really be a masterpiece. Plus, you could reuse the special cuban unit.

Why EA can't through us a bone and just give us C&C HDs of the Westwood games is beyond me. IMO as soon as generals started the series died

I feel the same way. The best time I had playing RTS games was with the Westwood C&Cs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So I'm currently playing the Deathinitive Edition of Darksiders 2. I have forgotten how strong the Rule of Three is with this one. Find 3 of that, do 3 of that, kill 3 of those, ... . To be fair they make good use of that rule but its painfully obvious with this game.
Despite some technical issues (at least on my end) like shadow flickering and rare framerate issues this game still looks amazing. I hope that if nordic ever works on a third game that they are able to reproduce the look of the first two games, they just have to.

yup I noticed that aswell (also been playing it, im right at the end, but I still have the 3 dlcs to do). always the 3 things to get lol :D

fantastic action rpg tho, I liked it much more the second time around. I was too hung up on it not being a "proper" zelda-style game like the first one (which was literally go to castle, get power, use power to solve castle). This one has a bit of that , but mostly its more of a tradional action rpg, more open, fetch quests etc, loot. Whatever the reason, I was super into it this time around

mp1990

Banned
Yeah, the novelty wore off very quickly towards the end, by the time you reach
Earth
I couldn't stomach it anymore. Had an amazing time with it back at the day, but I don't think I could ever go through all those fetch quests again. Would love to give the first game another chance though.

Tizoc

OK so I made to
Scotland
in Uncharted 4.
More shooty banging now.
But ya know what? Rise of Toom Braider still feels better by virtue of the bow and arrow being fun to kill mooks with.

In fact the game's story is the one good factor of it that they should've just turned this into an actual adventure game ala Telltale's output.

derExperte

thanks for the 35 million euros btw

Small potatoes for the next Ronaldo.

trump.png

Please don't be the next Breno.

Jawmuncher

OK so I made to
Scotland
in Uncharted 4.
More shooty banging now.
But ya know what? Rise of Toom Braider still feels better by virtue of the bow and arrow being fun to kill mooks with.

In fact the game's story is the one good factor of it that they should've just turned this into an actual adventure game ala Telltale's output.

I could play rise of the tomb raider without the bow, and I'd still have more fun than I am currently with UC4. I usually don't mind cinematic games, but UC4 is so slow. You get a bit of action for 5 minutes and then another hour of walking around and talking.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Small potatoes for the next Ronaldo.

trump.png

i hope thats true. He's been awful for the last 5-6 games (cherry on top being the game sunday where he got a red card 36 minutes in >_>) but he's one of the big reasons we even went from 8 points behind at the start of the season to be leaders for the last 10 games and 1 win away from the championship, so fairs fair. He has tremendous potencial but he is still VERY green.

and of course theres stuff like this o_O

Tizoc

I could play rise of the tomb raider without the bow, and I'd still have more fun than I am currently with UC4. I usually don't mind cinematic games, but UC4 is so slow. You get a bit of action for 5 minutes and then another hour of walking around and talking.

Well to be fair you do actually do more gameplay in the first 2 hours of Toom Braider than UC4.

Jawmuncher

Well to be fair you do actually do more gameplay in the first 2 hours of Toom Braider than UC4.

Yeah a lot more. Really outside of NDs quality and the story. I can easily say ROTTR is the more "fun" game. Unless the rest I have left just goes nuts.

Not once while playing ROTTR did I hope for things to move along. UC4 it's a common occurrence.

shira

Wow Disney pulling the plus in Disney Infinity is crazy. Makes sense though, the series has been on clearance numerous times and not even Star Wars boosted it up very much. Shame since their figures are rather nice. I already have the Tron ones though, so I'm good.

Makes more sense now as to why they cut PC support earlier this year.

Damn Nintendo does what Disney don't.

All hail amiibos

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah Rise was stupidly easy. I don't often choose the hardest difficulty in games, especially with ones that have 4, as the highest is usually stupidly punishing, but I wish I had with Rise.

Checking the plattformer smear campaign thread.

People listing Tomb Raider 2013 and ME as plattformers. I wish we could call those "Jump and Run" again...

Well, ended up pre-ordering the Groupees bundle because I read about here. Fuckin SteamGAF peer pressure. And I've even stopped buying random bundles for the last few months, so to go and buy a blind bundle is just...

Also go watch Civil War guys. Fun movie.

rtcn63

Yeah Rise was stupidly easy. I don't often choose the hardest difficulty in games, especially with ones that have 4, as the highest is usually stupidly punishing, but I wish I had with Rise.

Even on the hardest difficulty, it was a completely unsatisfying cakewalk.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm just glad that blog confirms the release date and we're not dealing with Square putting up IX's date on accident and forgetting they had and it not showing up.

mp1990

Banned
Uhhhhh... somehow I just got an 33% off coupon for Day Of The Tentacle, even though I have not a single clue of why that. Usually I'd expect those from bundles like the one SEGA gave away earlier this year, or if I had bought an Double Fine game recently, but this one just came all of sudden. Well, I'm not complaining!

By the way, how's Jotun? The artstyle plus the 50% discount is almost convincing me, just need some reassurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom