• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hood

Banned
Anyone else got a 33% OFF Day Of The Tentacle coupon? I don't think I did anything, so this is out of the blue.

Got a couple keys left here, including Strider...which might be one of those games that almost everyone has by now.
Thanks, grabbed Revelations 2 episode 1. Now waiting for a discount on the full game.

Humble Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

STRIDER -- MB-A1B6F5F493B950DD - Taken by Barajas_201. 3 entrants total.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-2C21019ED7A9A2D3 - Taken by pislit. 2 entrants total.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Episode 1: Penal Colony -- MB-35D13C6B7B14B52D - Taken by Lashley. 3 entrants total.

t1462919954z1.png

yuraya

Finished up Dark Souls 3.

Took me about 56 hours.

All in all I think its the best Souls game and that is not even counting the DLC that is yet to come out.

3 > 1 > 2

1 still has the best level design but 3 is superior in every other way to both 1 and 2. The combat is perfection. Probably the best live action combat in any game ever. The boss fights are all very memorable and has 4 of which that are probably my favorite in the series. I think
Pontiff
kicked my ass about as much as O&S did. What a vicious mofo. The weapons in this game are easily the best in the series. Some of them are so fun to use I can seriously see myself spending hundreds and hundreds of hours playing the game with just one of them. The music is incredible. The
Pontiff, Yhorm and Abyss Watchers
themes are so fucking good. I don't think there was a single track that was bad. Glad I preordered because that soundtrack is probably the best preorder bonus I've ever gotten.

Just like all the Souls game this one has a lot of weird and obscure stuff in it. Apparently the game has
3 different endings. One of which requires you to go through some npc mission that I didn't even know existed.

Anyways the game is really good. A 10 out of 10 no doubt. Will most definitely be my GOTY. Its such a great way to wrap up an iconic trilogy. My all time favorite trilogy as it easily dethroned Mass Effect for me.

Can't wait to see what FROM does next.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anyone else got a 33% OFF Day Of The Tentacle coupon? I don't think I did anything, so this is out of the blue.

I didnt but thats probably because Tim Schaffer still hates me

Tizoc

Checking the plattformer smear campaign thread.

People listing Tomb Raider 2013 and ME as plattformers. I wish we could call those "Jump and Run" again...

TR '13 is anything but a platformer.
TR Ann. has as much platforming in it as well cover shooty banging @_@

Corpekata

Banned
Checking the plattformer smear campaign thread.

People listing Tomb Raider 2013 and ME as plattformers. I wish we could call those "Jump and Run" again...

You can. It's just people desperate to make the genre seem relevant by listing practically anything with a jump button that was well received.

Never heard of this game. But SE pumping out even more stuff is always welcome.

Where's Nier

Surely SE will offer it as a freebie when you buy NieR: Automata on Steam.

Please, please let this happen whoever is out there and in charge of this sort of thing.

Tizoc

I want to be home playing uc4

I'm 4 hours in and 1/3 of the way through the game it seems, thank goodness. I have 3 days off from work hope to finish it during then and let my brother do a playthrough.
Then we can decide if it is worth trading off or not :V

derExperte

Sony fanboy. Disgusting.

Salty Sam Lake stan confirmed.

Umm.. I wonder why did the mods deleted my Uncharted 4 Let's Play thread?

Every time a Sony exclusive releases sooner or later the front page reaches a breaking point where even the mods realize it's too much. I guess that point has been reached. Or it's a mistake. To make sure start the same thread again and see what happens.

You can't self advertise

No, I was looking for UC4 Let's Play thread, not advertising my Let's Play channel.

Every time a Sony exclusive releases sooner or later the front page reaches a breaking point where even the mods realize it's too much. I guess that point has been reached. Or it's a mistake. To make sure start the same thread again and see what happens.

I don't think that'll be wise. I don't want to risk another ban lol. I think I've already found what I'm looking for anyway. But I kinda missed several recommendations on that thread.

neonglow

Be Mine 25 will get a limited pre-order, could start any minute I guess? https://groupees.com/bm25

Confirmed: http://store.steampowered.com/app/460910/ and http://store.steampowered.com/app/324650/

Think I'll do it, want Gemini* and I haven't bought a Groupees bundle this year yet and it's the 25th so it must be something special, right?

*http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-gemini-heroes-reborn/2300-10969/

This is the most expensive Groupees I've pre-ordered at. People on reddit are speculating that it might have a coin.

Phawx

Anyone have any info on Disney Infinity 3.0 going forward. I've already unlocked the whole stars set (I only bought cards on eBay for cheap) but.. how is this going to effect things going forward.

Anyone read anything concrete?

This is the most expensive Groupees I've pre-ordered at. People on reddit are speculating that it might have a coin.

I have two coins. One is valued at $9, the other at $13. And you can only use all or nothing. But because the biggest bundles are like $3, I never want to use it because I feel like I'm wasting it.

Hoping one day I can add bundles to a cart.

I really want to replay Nier but I have so much on my plate.
If I manage to finish UC4 before Blood&Wine is out I'll try to at least put a few hours into it, revisiting it after all these years should be fascinating. I wish I knew for sure if a PC version is happening.

derExperte

That Tentacle voucher can be combined with other discounts btw. But only valid for two weeks.

Highly likely.

+ 1 other

I have two coins. One is valued at $9, the other at $13. And you can only use all or nothing. But because the biggest bundles are like $3, I never want to use it because I feel like I'm wasting it.

Hoping one day I can add bundles to a cart.

I have over $40 worth in coins. Waiting for them to go public and then cashing out.

zkylon

zkylewd
so, finally someone made a mod that replaces the spiders from witcha 3 dlc with arachas!!

i'm surprised how long it took, but i'm really glad, i'll probably buy the season pass again lol

yay :>

I actually liked Max Payne 3's writing. "My life sucks, everything's gone to shit, just let me sleep, go away, why does this world curse me so much, just go away, nobody understands me anyways".

You don't really often see characters that don't give a shit about anythings that's happening, even if it was rather emo.

Altho i still preffered Remedy's. That had those awesome over the top melodramatic metaphors for everything.

"My Heart was broken like the cold snowflakes under my dirty shoes,
i know i shouldn't walk down this path, but i can't stop like i just bought a new pair of shoes from Adidas."
i think it was crap and super boring because old max payne was mopey in a fun way, he was like silly poetic while new max payne is kinda like a bruce willis character impression

and i hate rockstar supporting casts with a passion and they're here in full force

Eila

Atlus and Xseed give me good games consistently, and people wonder why I like them.

Hmm yes I finally got to play Akiba's Trip in the past few days and it was surprisingly fun.
Made me want to reinstall WOTS4, which I did but freaking game crashed on startup.

Buraindo

Having just started The Witcher 3 I was really hoping one of the things listed was an improvement to the janky movement and controls. Going right to this from Dark Souls 3 to this was pretty jarring between the controls and the constant tutorial pop-ups pausing the game.

The controls could be better no doubting that but you should give the "Alternative" controls a go if you haven't. Not perfect but definitely more responsive.
As for the tutorials, I'm pretty sure you can disable all of them so those shouldn't be a problem really.

The controls could be better no doubting that but you should give the "Alternative" controls a go if you haven't. Not perfect but definitely more responsive.
As for the tutorials, I'm pretty sure you can disable all of them so those shouldn't be a problem really.

I did switch to alternate, and although better is still frustrating at times. Also wound up turning tutorials off which improved things but also left me with 0 instruction on my first Gwent match.

I have been enjoying the game overall. The most baffling part was Yennifer not suggesting Geralt go and see Triss right away,
though later understood that after fighting the level 10 drowner in the basement while level 3.

Corpekata

Banned
Ska Studios tweeted out the Salt and Sanctuary store page and said it's coming VERY soon. They've got some stickied threads in the forum already, and the game hit PS4 on March 15th, which makes me think we might be seeing a 2 month window and the game could hit the 15th.

derExperte

Ska Studios tweeted out the Salt and Sanctuary store page and said it's coming VERY soon. They've got some stickied threads in the forum already, and the game hit PS4 on March 15th, which makes me think we might be seeing a 2 month window and the game could hit the 15th.

Went into the OT....

Too late to stop people from buying this turd?

- Terrible art direction (subjective)
- Terrible music, the electric guitar that sometimes plays in the background is abysmal (subjective)
- Combat; rolling in particular is unresponsive
- Boss battles become horrible after the first few
- Ridiculously imbalanced gameplay, going from super fucking easy to super fucking hard with artificial difficulty

Game just sucks massive ass. Don't buy it.

What say SteamGAF? I at least agree with his first point, the art style is disgusting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Too bad its not a blizzard game so yoshi could cream all over it

Yes pls, I could really use it right about now as im about to finish Darksiders 2 and I have 23€ in my wallet (the game was 20€ on ps4 right?)

Lomax

Anyone have any info on Disney Infinity 3.0 going forward. I've already unlocked the whole stars set (I only bought cards on eBay for cheap) but.. how is this going to effect things going forward.

Anyone read anything concrete?

It's dead after this summer's releases, and those won't ever be on PC (PC has actually been effectively dead for a while now). My guess is we have two years at the most before they shut the servers down. Enjoy it now while you can. It's a shame too, because the game is actually a lot of fun. Personally I think they could pull the Star Wars stuff out and sell it as stand alone single player and it would do pretty well.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Divekick -- MB-452F2C8487191DAC - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
Phantom Breaker Battle Grounds -- MB-65B3309F087E0543 - Taken by KainXVIII. 7 entrants total.
Shantae Risky's Revenge -- MB-8E36EC192782E1D5 - Taken by Lone_Prodigy. 9 entrants total.

t1463013082z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom