• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronomac

I had everything but Remember Me and DmC:

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-7764FD56D0BEB4B2 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Barajas_201. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-0F97BD15E8C14E93 - Taken by Regginator. 8 entrants total.
Resident Evil 4 -- MB-4B7790AC240D4160 - Taken by Lashley. 12 entrants total.
Lost Planet 3 Complete Pack -- MB-33FBCF223494F0F2 - Taken by Iron Badger. 9 entrants total.
Strider -- MB-1D34EE8EA9B8BF7E - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 3 entrants total.
Resident Evil Revelations 2 -- MB-24DD8950FB5EC6AE - Taken by Red Hood. 4 entrants total.

t1462918606z1.png

Man I already have everything in that bundle.

Why the fuck are they giving us the same fucking bundle again? go fucking bundle dead rising 3 or something else

jaina

With the Capcom bundle I checked my humble account and noticed some unredeemed keys.
I have a key for this Overlord game and am wondering if anybody knows it? Worth adding to my steam library?
There's also Red Faction Guerilla, which I heard positive things about?
Thanks for the advice.

Hektor

well like, think of it as a game that tried to do something it wasn't prepared to do. so the end result is a game that strives to be meaningful and doesn't quite get there, but you can tell it tried. it has like a good story and a good setting and it really puts you in the robot shoes of this frontier mechanic dude with all the tedium involved of like feeling like you have to go walk to work and every mission starts with "something broke down, go repair it, btw aliens". it's just that as a third person shooter is pretty basic

Is it recommended to play the first two games? How do they compare?

i'm a fan of those types of games but i can see it not being for everyone but cmon, 1 dollar

game got HEART

Well, money isn't the issue as much as time is. My backlog is already big enough and i end up like dropping a bunch of decent games simply because of the lack of it.

I mean, it's not that i'm unwilling to play games of questionable quality if they can give me an amazing and unique experience in return, some are even my absolute favorites like D1 and DP.* It's just that this is the first time i'm hearing someone talking that way about LP3.

*I even enjoyed Ride to Hell Retribution unironically. Well, partially unironic at least.

Mhm. Guess i'll at least give it a try, unless it happens to release at a really bad time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hardcastlemccormick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Resident Evil Revelations 2: Episode 1 -- MB-26A0393ED05BCEF7 - Taken by Baron von Loathsome. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-4D243ECE823172E8 - Taken by alr1ght. 8 entrants total.

t1462909271z1.png
yes

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Great bundle! Apparently RE6 is not avaiable in germany :(

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it recommended to play the first two games? How do they compare?
i don't think so, i didn't play either of them (well, i played the lost planet 1 demo a whole bunch cos that shit was cool) and felt like i got a complete experience

Well, money isn't the issue as much as time is. My backlog is already big enough and i end up like dropping a bunch of decent games simply because of the lack of it.

I mean, it's not that i'm unwilling to play games of questionable quality if they can give me an amazing and unique experience in return, some are even my absolute favorites like D1 and DP.* It's just that this is the first time i'm hearing someone talking that way about LP3.

*I even enjoyed Ride to Hell Retribution unironically. Well, partially unironic at least.
i wouldn't say it's amazing and unique but it's interesting. like, it totally pulls off putting you in that place and i just like the idea of playing as a blue collar dude just doing his job and being friendly to people around him. it felt refreshing to me.

it kind of reminds me of dead rising 2, i just like good, simple guys that want to solve things in reasonable ways as main characters. it's still a videogame so they get to be cool and kill stuff and make fun of the awkward nerdy upgrades guy or whatever but i enjoy their characters

but i don't wanna oversell it cos it's not deadly premonition, it's just a half delivered good idea of a game trapped in a weird pseudo open world thing with boring shooting

to me it was interesting, but i like thinking about games that half make it more than most people i think

Phawx

the things I don't have are in the top tier of the bundle as well as the BTA. Think I'll do the $15 tier and figure something out for the rest of the games.

Hektor

wat wrong thread oops

It's not like GAF is always ontopic anyways. Really there is no issue posting your loveletter to Se7ensword in here

Great bundle! Apparently RE6 is not avaiable in germany :(

Zensursula sei Dank

it kind of reminds me of dead rising 2, i just like good, simple guys that want to solve things in reasonable ways as main characters. it's still a videogame so they get to be cool and kill stuff and make fun of the awkward nerdy upgrades guy or whatever but i enjoy their characters

Isn't this a bit of an oxymoron? When they're cool and kill stuff and make fun out of nerds, then they don't sound like reasonable people and more like Schoolbullys.

but i don't wanna oversell it cos it's not deadly premonition, it's just a half delivered good idea of a game trapped in a weird pseudo open world thing with boring shooting

to me it was interesting, but i like thinking about games that half make it more than most people i think

I think i understood what you mean. Maybe i'll give it a shot when i'm finished with the FFX rererelease.

Eila

Uhh yeah I want DMC4 and RE6 but I bought the past bundle and literally everything else was in it.
So yeah putting those two in the $15 tier was mean.

Pakkidis

With the Capcom bundle I checked my humble account and noticed some unredeemed keys.
I have a key for this Overlord game and am wondering if anybody knows it? Worth adding to my steam library?
There's also Red Faction Guerilla, which I heard positive things about?
Thanks for the advice.

Both games are worth adding to your account. They are both really fun games.

Blood & Wine impressions; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1JxCdDZLuM

I hope Blood and Wine will be good. This is the last we will ever see of Geralt. Like Snake, and Natah Drake, Geralt is another iconic character we're going to say goodbye to. I hope the story will live up to its potential. HOS was well received. The hype for this expansion is unreasonable now. People are expecting greatness. Is it even able to deliver on such hype?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of bjaelke, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bjaelke, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stellaris -- MB-AB258E09EB4465A9 - Taken by Cth. 84 entrants total.

t1462953936z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Isn't this a bit of an oxymoron? When they're cool and kill stuff and make fun out of nerds, then they don't sound like reasonable people and more like Schoolbullys.
well like, it's a videogame, so you're def gonna kill stuff

the making fun of nerds, it just lasts a little while and then they become besties and the nerd gets his heroic moment and his comic relief moment and whatnot. again it's not like shakespeare but it's closer to it than fucking max payne 3 lol

that's your back of the box quote lol

I think i understood what you mean. Maybe i'll give it a shot when i'm finished with the FFX rererelease.
it's not super long, there's a bunch of filler quests you can just ignore and you'll finish it at like 8 hours or so i think.

Saw this on twitta

CiHg-MUUUAA08zU.jpg

CiHg_tMUUAADCI-.jpg

Gold
gotta love reaper for this stuff

zkylon

zkylewd
i was listening to an old patrik klepek's podcast about the whole tracer butt debacle and gita was like "it's not even a good butt, it's like a simple flat ass" and i felt angry at her so i think i'm gonna have to thank blizzard for the two weeks time off

Jesus fucking christ how long are Cacpcom going to wait until they actually drop the price on Revelaitions 2? It's still like -40% at best.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for BundleStar Extra keys:

I am giving away 75 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Star -- MB-AC9E255139207BAD
Bernie Needs Love -- MB-7C15AE80213E6207
Neverending Nightmares -- MB-63FF363447967826 - Taken by EVA UNIT 13. 5 entrants total.
Albert and Otto -- MB-A3BFA7642C87FB3A - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Last Knight: Rogue Rider Edition -- MB-6E70BFA22A9011FE - Taken by bloke. 5 entrants total.
The Haunting of Billy -- MB-551D403BE88ABE16 - Taken by voodooray. 4 entrants total.
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded -- MB-4B9B98A1A075AE96 - Taken by Gez. 8 entrants total.
Mad Snowboarding -- MB-DB98993DBD5BFE8B - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Hatch and Slay -- MB-D62561735D7874B3
Tap Heroes -- MB-F2100A51D1DF1964
Gateways -- MB-D90E23288EDD785C - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign -- MB-D0E0E3622F9329B6 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Hektor -- MB-1F0D963ECA29BB49 - Taken by fuzzy123
Frankenstein: Master of Death -- MB-3C58EC319F5D7720 - Taken by yoshizzle. 1 entrants total.
Soccertron -- MB-705968ED651CA6A1 - Taken by neonglow. 3 entrants total.
Lift It -- MB-B51F168A5775FAD8 - Taken by MaxiLive
Planet Diver -- MB-9651312463FCDC56 - Taken by AsylumX. 3 entrants total.
Out of the Park Baseball 15 -- MB-801D3C5F93E0C4DB - Taken by madjoki. 3 entrants total.
Space Drifters 2D -- MB-9D7E01330C5DFF05
Cashtronauts -- MB-1847D465ADFA74D3 - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
Sixtieth Kilometer -- MB-1A6299B21884D627 - Taken by electroflame
HyperRogue -- MB-16EAF88D34578CA5 - Taken by longlivegaming
Broken Dreams -- MB-82B11CF1CA19DEBB - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.
Lucid -- MB-03E443A72DFEFCCE
Axis Football 2015 -- MB-DE82B2727587AE63
Recursion Deluxe -- MB-893A3408932A959F
Pocket God vs Desert Ashes -- MB-353357D053EFD47A - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Dungeon Nightmares II: The Memory -- MB-4A795A88743B83F2
Life of Pixel -- MB-AE915D85C4A0951B - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Elliot Quest -- MB-DB8E3F3FEAAC7917 - Taken by dot. 11 entrants total.
Trap Them - Sniper Edition -- MB-380A6271486E5DFB
Repete -- MB-BD1B60B8EA21B324
Marine Park Empire -- MB-FDA2BF0C01CFA792
The Princess' Heart -- MB-FFC943DEE68F4DA1 - Taken by drakaenae. 4 entrants total.
Drizzlepath -- MB-2BCF01F932C240B5 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
Gem Wars: Attack of the Jiblets -- MB-FA2CF388176A54D2 - Taken by Abomination
Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion -- MB-58049191F6CA40FE - Taken by Catshade. 4 entrants total.
Vapour -- MB-2B59FBCC025A1A0F - Taken by Saty
ABRIX THE ROBOT -- MB-98308847DCE64C93 - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
Fly'N -- MB-B9CEE36DB985DD2D
Project Temporality -- MB-A079122570177A81 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Doodle God -- MB-A1AC59B6FE8120CE - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Foreign Legion: Multi Massacre -- MB-597E514E27AD6F5A - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
No Turning Back -- MB-6C236D3F5C1CE2F9 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe VR -- MB-D157550FAB7AFCA0 - Taken by Jalal. 3 entrants total.
Stop Online - Battle of Words -- MB-A4E1D475AE5DAFA2
Stigmat -- MB-15CBE6694558AA41 - Taken by madjoki
Chainsaw Warrior: Lords of the Night -- MB-97551C81F6ADA9DD - Taken by Cth. 1 entrants total.
Plastiland -- MB-CA7BED17ECC3DFBF
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-B29A88B9CB9DCF11 - Taken by gabbo. 1 entrants total.
Centauri Sector -- MB-69A557C3C5E44B13
Kill The Bad Guy -- MB-BB61C212D87F5002 - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.
Galagan's Island: Reprymian Rising -- MB-20282444C954E2A8
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing -- MB-0DC8C6644BFF6449 - Taken by Costa1774. 4 entrants total.
Spy Chameleon - RGB Agent -- MB-4B77F40348FA7A03
Asteroid Bounty Hunter -- MB-0273EB1281ED14ED
Cataegis -- MB-EE0CD98E2D5D6121 - Taken by WinterDemons. 3 entrants total.
Auditorium -- MB-5BC2EBFB0DE6B8E0
Death Goat -- MB-C0964FE243D8EB85 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Loot Hero DX -- MB-5616CB7D98A29499 - Taken by Hakkelus

True Bliss -- MB-8B0C9D7CDD513D97 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
Egyptian Senet -- MB-9289A0C339F31568
The Defenders: The Second Wave -- MB-58A096620B4311A8
Story Of the Survivor -- MB-5DDE4B91E4D03112 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
t1cxE6r.gif
Bound By Flame -- MB-E44DDA593E83CD7E - Taken by Regginator. 18 entrants total.
PING 1.5 Plus -- MB-269F525E410BB98D
Naval Warfare -- MB-855CF8D706819A63
AXYOS -- MB-A13ECA745910DEA7 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Wild Frontera -- MB-9FE537C50CD1583D
Grey Cubes -- MB-D3BA262FF25AF219
Gryphon Knight Epic -- MB-5275D754569E0C67 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Dracula's Legacy -- MB-26AED6AFF4ADA208 - Taken by dave is ok
Leviathan: The Last Day of the Decade -- MB-C7BE1632DC86ACC1 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 1 entrants total.
Industry Giant 2 : -- MB-173F9F5BEAC81961
Project Graviton -- MB-669CDF15FC1E9D60

t1462922528z1.png

Hektor

well like, it's a videogame, so you're def gonna kill stuff

the making fun of nerds, it just lasts a little while and then they become besties and the nerd gets his heroic moment and his comic relief moment and whatnot. again it's not like shakespeare but it's closer to it than fucking max payne 3 lol

that's your back of the box quote lol

I actually liked Max Payne 3's writing. "My life sucks, everything's gone to shit, just let me sleep, go away, why does this world curse me so much, just go away, nobody understands me anyways".

You don't really often see characters that don't give a shit about anythings that's happening, even if it was rather emo.

Altho i still preffered Remedy's. That had those awesome over the top melodramatic metaphors for everything.

"My Heart was broken like the cold snowflakes under my dirty shoes,
i know i shouldn't walk down this path, but i can't stop like i just bought a new pair of shoes from Adidas."

Jawmuncher

Wow Disney pulling the plus in Disney Infinity is crazy. Makes sense though, the series has been on clearance numerous times and not even Star Wars boosted it up very much. Shame since their figures are rather nice. I already have the Tron ones though, so I'm good.

Makes more sense now as to why they cut PC support earlier this year.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Be Mine 25 will get a limited pre-order, could start any minute I guess? https://groupees.com/bm25

Confirmed: http://store.steampowered.com/app/460910/ and http://store.steampowered.com/app/324650/

Think I'll do it, want Gemini* and I haven't bought a Groupees bundle this year yet and it's the 25th so it must be something special, right?

*http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-gemini-heroes-reborn/2300-10969/

I haven't bought anything from Groupees since September but I was also wanting to play Gemini so I think I might bite on this. Additionally, since this is the first time I've logged in to Groupees in a long while, I had almost 30 Steam keys waiting for me for games I'd mostly never heard of before. Guess I'm still firmly in the +1 camp, since I activated them all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow Disney pulling the plus in Disney Infinity is crazy. Makes sense though, the series has been on clearance numerous times and not even Star Wars boosted it up very much. Shame since their figures are rather nice. I already have the Tron ones though, so I'm good.

soooooo... what about all the disney published games on steam?

Jawmuncher

soooooo... what about all the disney published games on steam?

I don't think it'll affect anything out, or what they have the rights for. It doesn't take much to through a old game on GOG. However I don't see them doing anymore games themselves. Will more than likely do nothing more than license out their stuff.

I don't mind $3 starting price for a preorder, but there are a heck of a lot better top down shooters than A-gents looks, and Gemini would be so far down my to-play FPS list I'd never get to it. I'm waiting until there are more hints. If I miss the preorder so be it.

Annubis

I haven't bought anything from Groupees since September but I was also wanting to play Gemini so I think I might bite on this. Additionally, since this is the first time I've logged in to Groupees in a long while, I had almost 30 Steam keys waiting for me for games I'd mostly never heard of before. Guess I'm still firmly in the +1 camp, since I activated them all.

Y3g7Hw.jpg

I don't mind $3 starting price for a preorder, but there are a heck of a lot better top down shooters than A-gents looks, and Gemini would be so far down my to-play FPS list I'd never get to it. I'm waiting until there are more hints. If I miss the preorder so be it.
The last time a Be Mine knocked it out the park for me seems ages ago. Bundlestars and Humble are probably the best atm.

The last time a Be Mine knocked it out the park for me seems ages ago. Bundlestars and Humble are probably the best atm.

Agreed. Bundlestars getting the "named" jank and indie games and Humble's general uptick in quality as well as the curiosity of the Monthly are my best bets.

Disney Finite

So when should I buy all the Infinity packs on Steam? Will they be pulled before the Summer sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom