• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

I, for one, hope they're still in. Scaling points of interest is a sizeable component of AssCreed's historical tourism aspect and it wouldn't quite feel like AssCreed if this weren't tied to a mechanic.

Just realized that 4chan is actually blocked by my isp here, which is probably for good reasons.

Done with Trails in the Sky the 3rd. Such an amazing game that no one will play. Just shows that even Japanese games can have great writing. Fantastic ending to the sky trilogy too. It goes to such dark places with some of the characters. Too bad a lot of the stuff hinted is only resolved in Zero/Ao and we probably won't get those.

How long did it take for you to beat it? Did you use any guide? Did you care for achievements/missables or just plowed through it?

Jawmuncher

Does Disney not still own/release the Turok game?

It's in copyright hell. Bish is still trying to work with nightdive on getting the rights.

I think basically Disney owns the entire game, just not the Turok IP itself.
So a rerelease would need to either have the game bought out from disney or a compromise made. Since nightdive currently owns the video game IP rights.

gabbo

It's in copyright hell. Bish is still trying to work with nightdive on getting the rights.

So a rerelease would need to either have the game bought out from disney or a compromise made. Since nightdive currently owns the video game IP rights.

Oh :(

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Best in the series.
maxresdefault.jpg

RootCause

Turn off Vsync.

There is a game option that locks FPS to 30. Maybe that is causing it. Also if you are running vsync it could be halving your FPS if you don't have TB enabled as well.

But 32 is a weird number for that.

Thanks for the input, sadly I've tried that.

I don't know if you answered your question, but it's possible that your HDMI cord can't handle the bandwidth. If you are downsampling and trying to push 60 FPS might choke the cord or the HDMI standard in your tv.
I believe the hdmi cable is 1.3. Had no idea this was a thing.
What cable should I get to test this out?

Teeth

Thanks for the input, sadly I've tried that.

I believe the hdmi cable is 1.3. Had no idea this was a thing.
What cable should I get to test this out?

What method of downsampling are you using, because I'm pretty sure what Grief said is false.

Think about it...if you output at 1080p signal from the game, it's generated in your GPU and sent out on the HDMI cord as a series of pixel colour information to display on your screen. If you downsample using DSR or tricking Windows, it's taking the 1440p or 4k information and giving it to your GPU to downsample to a 1080p signal and send it out along the HDMI cable to your monitor. It's still a 1080p signal, just with slightly different pixel colour information than a non-downsampled one (different colour values per pixel, not different style of information).

So unless you are sending out a 1440p signal to your monitor and letting it downsample (which as far as I know, is impossible), your HDMI cable can not tell whether you are downsampling or not.

chronomac

So I'm going to give Trails in the Skies a legit shot, finally. I played 90 minutes tonight and it seems fine so far.

Are there any configuration options I should change that might not be obvious? I set to to HAL/1080p/32 bit and kept most every graphical option checked. I only ask because the opening cinematic seemed super wonky.

So I'm going to give Trails in the Skies a legit shot, finally. I played 90 minutes tonight and it seems fine so far.

Are there any configuration options I should change that might not be obvious? I set to to HAL/1080p/32 bit and kept most every graphical option checked. I only ask because the opening cinematic seemed super wonky.

The only thing I'd recommend is using the d3d8 wrapper if you're having any occasional stuttering.

https://github.com/ThirteenAG/d3d8-wrapper/releases

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If any old Capcom series needs to come back, due sorely to silly fanaticism, it's DuckTales. Ducktales 2 needs a remastered edition. NES game is a lot of fun, but I'm curious what they could change with it's slightly more open ended nature.

This on the other hand, I rather just have a new Turok game. Sure the N64 games were good-ish for their time, but it's not as though they did a great justice or love for the comic it was based off of.

Mivey

Few people know this, but Dino Crisis 3 is the real reason we have no working Xbox emulator: People start working on it for the Halos and then come to realize they would, at some point, release this dinosaur-themed menace on an unsuspecting world and proceed to destroy their work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Shack have you been following up on Morrowind at all? Like do you know if the new class starts at 1 or do you get a max level one so you can jump straight into the Morrowind stuff?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Shameless self-quote:

To clarify, Bish suggested to Night Dive that it get in touch if it needs tech info on the game but that was over a year ago. He isn't involved with Night Dive's discussions with Disney to get it re-released; he hasn't worked within Disney since leaving Propaganda Games in 2009 and the studio was shut down in 2011.

Jawmuncher said:

Yeah, it's a Disney game, but the IP, which originated as a comic book series, is owned by the book publisher Penguin Random House.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1366639.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-EFFAE4ED0AC99FB6 - Taken by Vazra

derFeef

I started playing Slayer Shock as my short burst game - the spiritual successor to Eldritch.

Man, that game has some charm to it - the music is just so good - like cheesy good. They really know how to do low fidelity graphics and still manage the get the game to look good. What's most important is, that the game FEELS good. I have yet to get another weapon other than then Pointy or the nail gun, but murdering Vampires feels great. Like in Eldritch you can stealth your way through the levels, or just try to kill everything, which is right now, not that easy depending on what mission you are. I can see it being a little lighter on content than Eldritch and they have not done an udate since Halloween, but maybe they already work on their next thing. I follow everything they do, they nail the gameplay and look aprt very often. I have yet to try Neon Struct though, which seems to be the better game according to reviews.

Deques

I have been playing Mini Metro lately and now four of my rarest achievement are from the game.

All achievements have less than 0.5% players who have completed them
rsovFfm.png

The others are from Mighty no 9.

I have been playing Mini Metro lately and now four of my rarest achievement are from the game.

All achievements have less than 0.5% players who have completed them
rsovFfm.png

The others are from Mighty no 9.

I have the Istanbul one as my rarest atm. I wanted to try the other two new maps but it turned out I hadn't done the prerequisite maps as they were new as well! Been a while since I've played it.

Deques

I have the Istanbul one as my rarest atm. I wanted to try the other two new maps but it turned out I hadn't done the prerequisite maps as they were new as well! Been a while since I've played it.

It didn't take long time for me to get back to the game. I even play better than last time. But after watching videos on how other play the game.

Ludens

Banned
Did you notice how PSN is actually offering much better deals compared to Steam?
Some examples: the last Sherlock Holmes is 76% off with Plus (40% off on Steam), Umbrella Corps is 85% off with Plus (60€ off on Humble right now), 2Dark is 50% off on PSN, 40% off on Steam.

And the trends continues with TT Batman and many other games, which are heavily discounted compared to Steam/Humble and generally Steam key authorized sellers.

Vazra

Did you notice how PSN is actually offering much better deals compared to Steam?
Some examples: the last Sherlock Holmes is 76% off with Plus (40% off on Steam), Umbrella Corps is 85% off with Plus (60€ off on Humble right now), 2Dark is 50% off on PSN, 40% off on Steam.

And the trends continues with TT Batman and many other games, which are heavily discounted compared to Steam/Humble and generally Steam key authorized sellers.

Well you are paying for Plus aint ya?

kurahador

I always forgot Dino Crisis 3 exists. Finished 1 & 2 last year, might as well watch its playthrough on youtube for completion sake.

I mean, how bad can it be....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's worth keeping in mind that the higher discounts PS+ users get (versus non-paying members, that is) are due to Sony forgoing some of its cut, so the PSN version of a multiplatform game having a deeper discount is not necessarily due to the publisher being more aggressive with pricing than on Steam. But, yeah, "Game discounts are better on Steam than PSN/XBL" is no longer as true as it once was.

jediyoshi

Next Lawbreakers closed beta May 18-21, past users can download now.

Still seeing this as DOA, can't imagine why they decided to switch from f2p to p2p so far out.

Publishers decides prices and such. Keep in mind that for these "better deal" you pay 50 bucks a year to get a slightly better price on some titles. For 50 bucks, I prefer to buy 2 cheaper games I actually wanted.

Vazra

I always forgot Dino Crisis 3 exists. Finished 1 & 2 last year, might as well watch its playthrough on youtube for completion sake.

I mean, how bad can it be....

Make it a drinking game
-Take a shot when the camera changes into a confusing angle
-Take a shot when the one playing gets disoriented by the camera changes
-Take a shot when a dumb explanation pops up
-Take a shot whenever the Jetpack is used
-Take a shot when something stupid happens. (RIP)

I can't remember if Dino Crisis 3 would have actually been an ok game if it didn't have the worst camera system of all time which leads to not being able to see yourself half of the time.

Vazra

At least cutscenes looks fun.

Watch a bit of a playthrough to see its many issues gameplay wise. Also the voice acting is definitely terrible for most of the part.

I can't remember if Dino Crisis 3 would have actually been an ok game if it didn't have the worst camera system of all time which leads to not being able to see yourself half of the time.

The camera and the movement would get confusing with camera changes and the fact that a lot of the dinosaurs will sometimes start attacking before getting on camera giving you a small chance to escape in situations was an exercise of frustration. The game had interesting ideas but the execution is a mess on all fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom