• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I have been playing Mini Metro lately and now four of my rarest achievement are from the game.

All achievements have less than 0.5% players who have completed them
rsovFfm.png

The others are from Mighty no 9.

It'll even out once more people play the new maps, always does. I'm still 4 achievements short of completion and just can't do it.

Arthea

I have been playing Mini Metro lately and now four of my rarest achievement are from the game.

All achievements have less than 0.5% players who have completed them
http://i.imgur.com/rsovFfm.png[/img

The others are from Mighty no 9.[/QUOTE]

I got bored by it midway, I think I got like only half of achievements and they added more later, or so I've heard.
It is fun at the start, but that didn't last long for me.

edited: now you know what's fun all the way? Trails in the Sky!

Ludens

Banned
It's worth keeping in mind that the higher discounts PS+ users get (versus non-paying members, that is) are due to Sony forgoing some of its cut, so the PSN version of a multiplatform game having a deeper discount is not necessarily due to the publisher being more aggressive with pricing than on Steam. But, yeah, "Game discounts are better on Steam than PSN/XBL" is no longer as true as it once was.

Well, not only for Plus owners, but in general (see 2Dark example posted above).

Li Kao

Ok so I bought Yomawari in the Humble sale and turns out its a fucking shit show of a port where I can't go full screen + vsync without getting a blackscreen, even using their ridiculous 'beta branch'.

Am I boned ? I suppose Humble won't offer a refund for a used key ?

Ludens

Banned
Ok so I bought Yomawari in the Humble sale and turns out its a fucking shit show of a port where I can't go full screen + vsync without getting a blackscreen, even using their ridiculous 'beta branch'.

They can offer you a refund, they will simply revoke the key.

Deques

Well, I remember people getting refunds for Humble Monthly when they used the games here on GAF, I suppose is the same thing for games bought from the store.

Maybe you remember something else, according to Humble's FAQ: redeemed games cannot be refunded. Monthly is not refundable either

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/203662804-Can-I-have-a-refund-for-my-purchase-
Refunds are issued on a discretionary basis! We look at each refund individually, and will do our best to provide a refund when possible. However, do note that games which have been played or keys which have been revealed/redeemed are likely ineligible for a refund, as are Humble Monthly bundles.

Li Kao

Maybe you remember something else, according to Humble's FAQ: redeemed games cannot be refunded. Monthly is not refundable either

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/203662804-Can-I-have-a-refund-for-my-purchase-

Refund requested anyway, fingers crossed. It's one thing to change your mind on a purchase but it's another to get burned on a faulty and undertested release.
I mean, black screen upon setting the game to 1080p, how pathetic can a release be.

Something is definitely going on. I've received another 7 Query account by CD key in the last 12 hours. Some used codes must have leaked somewhere or someone is really determined to try and redeem a single one and isn't taking no for an answer!

Deques

Something is definitely going on. I've received another 7 Query account by CD key in the last 12 hours. Some used codes must have leaked somewhere or someone is really determined to try and redeem a single one and isn't taking no for an answer!

I received two such mails today.

maybe a bot is trying to through all possible steam key combinations

I had that before and like 10 mails in one day. When they noticed I have SteamGuard and the mobile authenticator though, I guess they noticed they cant get into my account.

derFeef

I started playing Slayer Shock as my short burst game - the spiritual successor to Eldritch.

Man, that game has some charm to it - the music is just so good - like cheesy good. They really know how to do low fidelity graphics and still manage the get the game to look good. What's most important is, that the game FEELS good. I have yet to get another weapon other than then Pointy or the nail gun, but murdering Vampires feels great. Like in Eldritch you can stealth your way through the levels, or just try to kill everything, which is right now, not that easy depending on what mission you are. I can see it being a little lighter on content than Eldritch and they have not done an udate since Halloween, but maybe they already work on their next thing. I follow everything they do, they nail the gameplay and look aprt very often. I have yet to try Neon Struct though, which seems to be the better game according to reviews.

I researched and now I am a sad panda.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/501860/discussions/0/133260909499591960/#c133260909499770707

Lain

I just launched the game right now to check if something had changed before release and now but the game started as normal, fullscreen + vsync simply works here. I wonder why it gave you issues. Have you tried rebooting your PC after installing the game? Sounds silly, but it helps me with freshly installed steam games which behave incorrectly for some reason.

Li Kao

I just launched the game right now to check if something had changed before release and now but the game started as normal, fullscreen + vsync simply works here. I wonder why it gave you issues. Have you tried rebooting your PC after installing the game? Sounds silly, but it helps me with freshly installed steam games which behave incorrectly for some reason.

Just did that in order to be able to say that I've tried everything and no dice. I could set the game to fullscreen vsync after playing with alt+tab but relaunching the game after that gives me an error code. Simply pathetic.

But on another note, good guys Humble saved the day. Refund issued.

And on a final note, having some unexpected free time as I was hitting my head against this wall of a release, I took a peek at the bonus content...
1x 2:26 MP3
1x 8 pages illustration booklet

Absolutely perfect.

After using the speedhack on Tits it's impossible to go back.
Speeding it up to 1.5 actually feels like the speed the game was supposed to run, it doesn't give that sensation that someone pressed fast forward, it feels natural. The animations are just too slow. It makes the game more enjoyable while shaving off a ton of hours off you playtime. I wish I'd known about this for FC and SC. Well, at least I've been using it pretty much from the start with 3rd.

Holy shit at that DOA5 2B mod!

Trying to keep that list short..WL is for stuff I would actually buy -.-

I'm actually doing the same. Mainly, I'm only following early access games so that when one's actually released I can finally buy it. But I don't have the slightest interest in buying them in that state. Therefore, no whistlist from me.

Ascheroth

After using the speedhack on Tits it's impossible to go back.
Speeding it up to 1.5 actually feels like the speed the game was supposed to run, it doesn't give that sensation that someone pressed fast forward, it feels natural. The animations are just too slow. It makes the game more enjoyable while shaving off a ton of hours off you playtime. I wish I'd known about this for FC and SC. Well, at least I've been using it pretty much from the start with 3rd.

Holy shit at that DOA5 2B mod!
Indeed. I've actually ramped it up to 2x in battle now that I'm mainly using big spells, because even 1.5 feels too slow now.
Normal feels like wading through molasses in comparison. I also regret not knowing it sooner (only been using it since SC Final Chapter).

Mivey

The Windows X Creator upate resettet a good bunch of my settings, microsoft can't get anything right
Why do you assume that's a glitch? Turning telemetery and all that stuff on is in their best interest. MS has been treating Windows 10 users like freeloaders since they started giving it out for free, 0 respect for user choice.

Arthea

Indeed. I've actually ramped it up to 2x in battle now that I'm mainly using big spells, because even 1.5 feels too slow now.
Normal feels like wading through molasses in comparison. I also regret not knowing it sooner (only been using it since SC Final Chapter).

I still don't use it and I'm fine.
Oh and I won't use it also, cuz you know cheat engine?

NeoRaider

So I got this email from Steam.
Is this something I should be concerned about?
Never heard about this before.

I logged in and redeemed a unused Steam-code on Groupees (1st time in months) the same evening, could that be the reason?

I posted Vanquish screen grab from gamesplanet here few days ago. And my Steam key was visible. And in few minutes got few of these too. XD
Then i just cropped the key from the screen grab. I will never repeat the same mistake. XD

Hektor

Why do you assume that's a glitch? Turning telemetery and all that stuff on is in their best interest. MS has been treating Windows 10 users like freeloaders since they started giving it out for free, 0 respect for user choice.

Well, a lot of the settings were purely asthetical like desktop icon sizes and the likes. I don't really see what microsoft would gain out of resetting those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom