• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been playing Mini Metro lately and now four of my rarest achievement are from the game.

All achievements have less than 0.5% players who have completed them

The others are from Mighty no 9.

There is something sad when your rarest achievement showcase are all from the same game and they stay there for a prolonged period of time, especially when it's for a good game.

HdFVVmZ.png

A few Elliot Quest achievements have crept in but that's only because it only just got them added. It's was nothing but The Flame in the Flood beforehand and presumably will be again. It has its issues but it deserved to be played by more people.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-E8E81CE7FA0571C5 - Taken by bobnowhere

New Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age interview
FF World: Any plans to bring The Zodiac Age to PC?

Kato: The thing about the original game is that it was fully optimized to make the fullest use of the PlayStation 2 hardware. This time again, we decided that, in the same way, we would use the PlayStation 4 hardware and optimize everything to work really well with it. For the time being, we're quite happy keeping it for the PS4. We think everyone should buy one to play this game!

Tl;dr = please kindly double dip on PC later!

Knurek

not really weird, just matter of principles

I don't follow...
You're not using the program to cheat, just toggle game's internal timer for faster move execution. Nothing else. Do you also watch the intro videos, including those nice NVIDIA or AMD commercials, in other games? Or do you delete them ASAP?
Unless there's something about Cheat Engine developers I'm missing. Are they furries, neo-nazis or EA CEOs?

Hektor

Polygon with another hot take article

Valve is not your friend, and Steam is not healthy for gaming

I'm sure this will generate a lot of level headed discussion on gaming side.

I have to agree that valve is not your friend, no corporation is and everybody should always be aware of the fact

But this entire article is rather cringe worthy to read. The repeated sarcastic usage of "Good guy valve", the complaints about people disliking origin (when these two situations arent even comparable) and the inherent extremely pessimistic viewpoint about everything makes it seem like just another rant.

It could be potentially a good article if the author maybe took a step back or two and calmed down a bit, but if this would've been a youtube vid i wouldn't be able to tell it apart from any other angry youtube guy rant

dave is ok

aztek is ok
lol the last paragraph

The imaginary Gabe, the one in our memes, is a cultural defense mechanism, a happy fiction we all invented to make us feel better about the fact that we were, and remain, willing partners in installing PC gaming's biggest, most opaque, exploitative monopoly — one which we know deep down doesn't care about us at all.

Maybe it's time for all of us to wake up.

I can't wait for the people who think Steam is a monopoly to experience a real monopoly. Better hope WeGame stays overseas

Does anyone knows how to download the mac version of a Telltale game on their website?

I have the displeasure of having a TWD Season 3 copy on it and only see the PC download.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone knows how to download the mac version of a Telltale game on their website?

I have the displeasure of having a TWD Season 3 copy on it and only see the PC download.

A New Frontier, you mean? There is no Mac version just yet.

gabbo

The article reads like it could be from a Gaffer with an Uncharted avatar and "4theplayers" font.
The article's tone is a bit much, but the points it makes are salient. Valve does a lot of underhanded things, and the "whatever... *eyerole*" responses here prove the kind of mindless devotion they have that the articles speaks of.

The company's done good things for pc gaming, but it shouldnt be held up as a shining, untouchable beacon either.

"Sony s not your friend, and the Playstation 4 is not healthy for gaming"

If nintendo and microsoft had the market share of the Ouya, this would be a valid criticism

I have to agree that valve is not your friend, no corporation is and everybody should always be aware of the fact

But this entire article is rather cringe worthy to read. The repeated sarcastic usage of "Good guy valve", the complaints about people disliking origin (when these two situations arent even comparable) and the inherent extremely pessimistic viewpoint about everything makes it seem like just another rant.

It could be potentially a good article if the author maybe took a step back or two and calmed down a bit, but if this would've been a youtube vid i wouldn't be able to tell it apart from any other angry youtube guy rant

Its probably about time for another refund-level feature from good guy not perfect Valve, i think.

vermadas

The article's tone is a bit much, but the points it makes are salient. Valve does a lot of underhanded things, and the "whatever... *eyerole*" responses here prove the kind of mindless devotion they have that the articles speaks of.

The company's done good things for pc gaming, but it shouldnt be held up as a shining, untouchable beacon either.

Echoes my thoughts.

I think especially in this thread people are really wary of Valve. Look at stuff like the new gifting rules etc.

This article though reads far more than, like I said, a fanboys opinion on Steam/Valve imo.

A lot of the points the article makes you coul easily apply to 99% of other companies. The Gaben-Meme, you could easily replace with Hirai memes etc.

didamangi

After fiddling to get a smooth running NOLF I came across this article on Kotaku.
"We had managed to get a hold of the source code for the first game and the second game. We had already created a laundry list of updates and enhancements and bug-fixes that we wanted to do to the original titles," he said. "So, essentially what we would've ended up with was a definitive version of both of those games. We were about to commit a large chunk of development time in making sure that No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 were 100% compatible with Windows 8 64, Linux, OSX, had a full complement of Steam features, achievements, working multiplayer, dedicated servers… this is our baby, and we really wanted to give it every chance that we could, to make sure that people would play it again, and enjoy it to its fullest extent."

Kick told me that they'd "probably gotten overzealous" and had even created marketing materials for their re-release.

jtljqelue1i4qo5dv0dk.jpg

Sad to see what would've been a great release on Steam getting held back because of copyright mess.

Tizoc

If nintendo and microsoft had the market share of the Ouya, this would be a valid criticism
Could u list those points please? An article title like that makes it offputting to look through it :x

Ganyc

This and no Injustice 2 PC game in sight...Warner Bros. sure love the PC platform.

they won't release IJ2 for pc (yet), because they love the PC. (haha, yes i know, i couldn't type that with a straight face -_-')

Perhaps they already have a typical wb pc build -> buggy as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom