• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Gone through the Steam Blog post. The theory is sound but lets see when it is in practice. The uselessness of the algorithm in my opinion is more to do with the woeful metrics used in my case, such as "friend recommendations / playtime" etc being twisted into being relevant for me when it absolutely isn't and many people will have friends they have few or no gaming taste in common with - that should be in users hands as to what is relevant and not in extremely granular fashion.

Quite curious of "other changes" beyond Steam Direct. Hoping for some big clever changes, but expect to be disappointed

RootCause

What method of downsampling are you using, because I'm pretty sure what Grief said is false.

Think about it...if you output at 1080p signal from the game, it's generated in your GPU and sent out on the HDMI cord as a series of pixel colour information to display on your screen. If you downsample using DSR or tricking Windows, it's taking the 1440p or 4k information and giving it to your GPU to downsample to a 1080p signal and send it out along the HDMI cable to your monitor. It's still a 1080p signal, just with slightly different pixel colour information than a non-downsampled one (different colour values per pixel, not different style of information).

So unless you are sending out a 1440p signal to your monitor and letting it downsample (which as far as I know, is impossible), your HDMI cable can not tell whether you are downsampling or not.
I have that option off. I'm running the game at 1920x1080. I've tried outing everything to low at 800x480, and nothing changes.

I neglected to mention I'm using the built in fps counter from steam. No idea if that's accurate.

Endruen

VhQzPXc.png

There's something funny about these being posted in a row.
Inb4: "White theme, my eyes!"

Even if I'm not gonna play it soon, do you think it's worth to buy Oxygen Not Included? Considering that the 18th it'll begin early access with a new price of 25$ if I'm not mistaken

Madventure

Even if I'm not gonna play it soon, do you think it's worth to buy Oxygen Not Included? Considering that the 18th it'll begin early access with a new price of 25$ if I'm not mistaken

I would say it mostly depends on if you like any of the Klei games at all, and then if the general idea of it sounds good, followed by the length of time you will or won't play it since they do end up doing a lot of sales/discounts down the line.

I like all of the Klei games and the general idea of that one looks good to me but I'd end up not playing it since I have other games to play at the moment (But that's me )

Nabs

Yeah, I had it pegged as a Monthly game too... still, this means that there's more room for other games in the Monthlies, which is no bad thing.

Now, next to hope for Hollow Knight to show up eventually (or in a sale)...

Please don't wait for HK to hit a bundle. Wait for a Steam/Humble sale and combine that with your Monthly discount if you have it.

Nzyme32

What's the value in the steamcommunity url? Is there a market for it? Someone offered to buy mine out.

It's called a "vanity URL" for a reason. Simple pride is the value to someone and not someone else, like a custom number plate / gamertag / profile name etc, that only one can exist. Someone could simply sit on good ones and try to sell or vice versa. Don't think anyone cared too much till Steam got more and more popular to the point where (as is true with gaming and most other services) all the "good" names that people look for are taken.

Of course, some people might be super original and have a dope as fuck name that they use that no one seems to think of / is only relevant to certain people / obvious in certain locales - so some of us don't need to bother with those sorts looking to buy.

Coreda

Than would be light theme and more importantly default theme

WOupbM2.png

Is this IE6? Trying to think of another browser that doesn't support border-radius.

After making my own stylesheet it's actually the text size that is far more noticeable when the stylesheet is disabled. Can't believe how long I was used to teeny text.

Hektor

I thought he'd be guest writing for PoE2 like he he did for a lot of other recent rpg's.

Please don't make me unreasonably excited lol

Kaleinc

Banned
Is this IE6? Trying to think of another browser that doesn't support border-radius.

After making my own stylesheet it's actually the text size that is far more noticeable when the stylesheet is disabled. Can't believe how long I was used to teeny text.
That's opera, the good one.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LawBreakers Beta Code -- MB-97ABB3A7C79C1CCA - Taken by lazerfox. 1 entrants total.

t1494972478z1.png

Anno

I thought he'd be guest writing for PoE2 like he he did for a lot of other recent rpg's.

Please don't make me unreasonably excited lol

Every time Feargus and Josh have been asked they've given very measured "Chris is no longer with Obsidian we wish him the best blah blah" type of answers. So I'm not counting on it lol. Good news is that Eric Fenstermaker will be back to write Eder again so that's good!

Coreda

I am using Opera right now.

I look down on those of you who are not.

If the engine and security had been kept up to date I would have never left (the Presto version, obviously). Was a big Opera advocate for years. Source code was leaked earlier in the year, though you can expect only minor unofficial patches from it.

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah that's not Pillars of Eternity 2. Things looks a bit cartoonish (like the dude with the barrel's proportions) for that series which has always had a bit of "realism" to its art.

Plus he made the skull guy his avatar so I'd imagine it would have to be something bigger than writing guest characters for him to be teasing and promoting so much so early.

illusionary

Please don't wait for HK to hit a bundle. Wait for a Steam/Humble sale and combine that with your Monthly discount if you have it.

Yep, that's my most likely plan. I'm in no rush to play it (despite loving the preview - I have plenty to play already), but I do want to get to it eventually.

Sarcasm

I am using Opera right now.

I look down on those of you who are not.

If the engine and security had been kept up to date I would have never left (the Presto version, obviously). Was a big Opera advocate for years. Source code was leaked earlier in the year, though you can expect only minor unofficial patches from it.

I loved Opera.

Stopped using them right after they got bought by Chinese investors. Don't need spyware in my life.

Vivaldi!

So Dark Souls 2 was just From asking themselves how they could make the most bullshit encounters possible. NG+ sprinkles new enemies to go alongside the stronger old ones.

It sounds great conceptually but the Souls games have always sucked with group fighting. Nothing like starting a new game and getting ganked before you move.

jediyoshi

I don't get how Sonic Forces looks graphically worse than Generations. A 2011 game. Sonic Team must have summoned dark magicks to get that game made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom