• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well just started up Dishonored 2 after finishing The Brigmore Witches in 1 and am pretty glad that I'm not running into any issues others have been talking about. It was in the back of my mind as I was going through 1 but glad to see no issues that I can perceive at least. The graphics sure are a nice step up and brings out the art quite well.

I haven't played Berseria yet, but all Tales games start like that and don't remain very easy for long, considering that in later ones you can change difficulty on the go too. Isn't it the case in Berseria?
On what difficulty you are playing btw?
normal but I think I'll up the difficulty
We're playing on Hard and it's still pretty simplistic. Basically the only "special" things you need to do is equip artes that use the elemental weaknesses of bosses, and use your mystic artes with a timing where you can take advantage of combo and stun bonuses.

I actually thought Zestiria was a bit more tactical, with when and how to armatize.

That's a shame, I too though Zestiria was more fun combat wise.

Also I just discovered that Harold Super Attack in Atelier Sophie is basically ZA WARUDO and that's really awesome

I remember liking Psychonauts but replaying I'm finding it completely devoid of fun. Awful bosses, invisible walls, and this overlong monster segment you feel like you're neck deep in mud. Double Fine are just wretched

Still looks pretty good when it's not constantly switching to 420p cutscenes every 30 seconds tho and it can be really charming.

zkylon

zkylewd
Performs like crap still
the game ran really badly on PC's and after numerous patches still doesn't work that well. I remember the PS4 Pro version also had problems that the regular Non Pro did not.
not sure if that counts as a fiasco as the game sold great, had really good critical and fan reception and it doesn't seem like it's completely widespread (like say ass creed unity or whatever)

don't get me wrong, i preordered disho2 and haven't played it yet cos it runs like absolute garbage and i'm pretty fucking pissed at arkane for selling it in this state and most of all not fixing it, but i don't think these issues were elevated to "fiasco status" as much as other notorious cases like fallout 4 or ass unity

but hey, i preordered dishonored 2 out of respect for arkane and their commitment to the immersive sim genre, and i'm not buying prey 2 until it's dirt cheap, so selling non-functional shit definitely has repercusions on people

Ghazi

I just looked into downloading Gears of War 4 again, that game is 126GB large now, up from 80 at launch. What the hell happened there?

I'm quite excited, we recently moved and I signed up for a new internet package with a new provider. I think I can hit close to 20 MB/s now (previously I would max out consistently around ~5ish) and my limit is now 1 TB instead of 300GB. Not that much more expensive either.

Once I get my desktop up and running, it'll be time to do a Steam test.

Sarcasm

Can anybody list all the games for special offers? I am assuming some are missing due to being region blocked.

I see:

• Gothic Armada
  • Age of Wonders III
  • 911 Operator
  • Darksiders Franchise
  • Portal Knights

That is all I see as age of wonders and gothic repeat in that list.

Can anybody list all the games for special offers? I am assuming some are missing due to being region blocked.

I see:

• Gothic Armada
  • Age of Wonders III
  • 911 Operator
  • Darksiders Franchise
  • Portal Knights

That is all I see as age of wonders and gothic repeat in that list.

Sleeping Dogs definitive edition. Age of Wonders and Gothic are repeated for me as well.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Wondering if this position is intentional or not. Either way it made me laugh!
Tqygvil.png

Dishonored 2 rag doll is hilarious, you can pick up upper torsos with nothing but a head, lower torso with one leg, individual limbs, etc and they all move differently while you're holding them.

I'm honestly kind of disappointed Prey doesn't have any gore as it and rag doll have been arkane's thing since Fax. And I realize how fucked up this post is lol.

Grief.exe

Dishonored 2 rag doll is hilarious, you can pick up upper torsos with nothing but a head, lower torso with one leg, individual limbs, etc and they all move differently while you're holding them.

I'm honestly kind of disappointed Prey doesn't have any gore as it and rag doll have been arkane's thing since Fax. And I realize how fucked up this post is lol.

Different engine I think.

Mivey

Yeah, they did.

But they're retroactively given a pass because of how much a turboturd Notch revealed himself to be.
Legally, they are also given a "pass", since even if they are in the wrong, the cost to show that in court would kill any small indie team. It's not even like the games they are bullying here have a marketing campaign. More people have now heard of Prey to the Gods because of Beth then have known about it before, I'd assume. Zenimax is almost stereo typically evil.

Sarcasm

Ah, wonder why its blocked here...

___

Ah okay, you can buy it in my region:

But

Notice: This version of the game will only be playable in China, Mongolia, Korea, Taiwan, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Phillipines, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and Macau.

Also not even on sale. heh.

This is interesting

Safe Cross-Country Gifting

No more worrying if a Gift to E-mail or Gift to Inventory is going to work for a friend, gifts sent through the new system will always work on the receiver's account. When there is a large difference in pricing between countries, gifting won't be available and you'll know before purchase.

This means the region lock on gifting is lifted if the price discrepancy isn't too high?

oipic

Ouch - this is a game-changer. With so many regional restrictions now in place, I suppose something had to be done to address that in a gifting sense... but the price to be paid for that is pretty steep.

I wonder how commonly gifting via email or into one's own inventory was utilised? Most of us here are outliers to some extent in our Steam usage and behavior, this may really only impact the small pointy end.

Okay I just tested this. Tried to gift an indie game which had a low price to a friend in England and got this message before checkout

Then I tried adding Prey to my cart to gift (because it costs more in India than in the UK) and Steam lets me continue to the payment stage.

So yeah, looks like the region lock is gone. Will need to do a bit of experimentation to determine what the threshold of the price difference is that will block gifting.

r3n4ud

Okay I just tested this. Tried to gift an indie game which had a low price to a friend in England and got this message before checkout

Then I tried adding Prey to my cart to gift (because it costs more in India than in the UK) and Steam lets me continue to the payment stage.

So yeah, looks like the region lock is gone. Will need to do a bit of experimentation to determine what the threshold of the price difference is that will block gifting.
Sure the region lock is gone, as long as you're gifting a game that costs more in your region.

MUnited83

For you.
Honestly this is fucking ridiculous, there won't ever be any way of tracking down old removed games as time goes on, that's really shitty.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Not being able to gift to inventory or email is going to make modbot giveaways a bit more frustrating to deal with, since it's no longer automated by Steam's gifting service. I wish they were a little more specific about the price differences and how big of a gap there can be between regional pricing before gifting isn't allowed. The Russian Bear and the Brazilian Sloth will still be long dead, but I wonder if they're limiting it to differences of a dollar or two.

Sure the region lock is gone, as long as you're gifting a game that costs more in your region.

We'll have to figure that out. Maybe there's a 10-20% variance where they allow gifting.

So for example if a game costs $20 for me I can gift it to regions where the price is between $16 and $24.

EDIT - I just asked my friend in England to try and gift Prey to me and he's getting the error message. According to SteamDB the price difference is 16.8% between the two countries. So the limit is lower than that.

MUnited83

For you.
We'll have to figure that out. Maybe there's a 10-20% variance where they allow gifting.

So for example if a game costs $20 for me I can gift it to regions where the price is between $16 and $24.

EDIT - I just asked my friend in England to try and gift Prey to me and he's getting the error message. According to SteamDB the price difference is 16.8% between the two countries. So the limit is lower than that.
Yikes

catabarez

Wow.

r3n4ud

I'm guessing you can only gift a game to another region if the game costs the same or more than your region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom